EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Tower Ability Wishlist

Hey wait a minute!!

What is different in damage factor from a bouncing tower (electric) and a multishoot ability.

End of angry letter.

Each split decrease the damage about 40%-60% of the last damage hit

I predicted this tower to split the attack 2 times, with each split divides into 3.

Well, just consider this tower attack as an arrow, for now

So:

-1st hit : 1 arrow

-2nd hit : 3 arrows (40%-60% of the 1st hit damage)

-3rd hit : 9 arrows (40-60% of the 2nd hit damage)

Well, about that splash thing, it's... Well, maybe unnecessary, I'm just kinda jumpy back then

not much. only one creep has to be in range by 4 creeps can be hit. also current electricity with multishot 4, can bounce between 2 bosses for example, aka full power on 2< units. this is just me but i like to call kindle a type of multishot tower.

What is the difference exept that bounce can bounce back?

(electrick couldn't before, I think it got changed to do that now)

I can't se the problem with multishoot, please tell.

Aw man... After I read my post myself, I think I screwed up my explanation... Sorry everyone.. Okay, I'll try to explain again

In my perspective, I want to see a brand new look of tower that can multi-multishoot... Maybe it'll be hard to balance, but hey, at least this tower can be fun to use.

How it works:

1. The tower shoots out an arrow (Well, consider it as an arrow for now)

2. After hitting a creep, the arrow splits into three arrow with each arrow get 40-60% damage decrease

3. The three arrow which was splitted from the first arrow will split again into three arrow each one, also with 40-60% damage decrease

In conclusion, total amount of arrow that hits the creep are 1+3+9=13

I don't think I want to split this tower attacks anymore, because the coding will be annoying, and the damage has already been lowered enough by the 2nd split

But because this tower is going to be kinda powerful, I think the attackspeed should be slow (maybe 2 or 3 second cooldown)

I hope, this can be used to replace FleshGolem :lol:

a split bounce. sounds like multishot+bounce. there's nothing about that concept not working. but imo it's not very fancy, feels like we allready have many of those towers, we have multishot(hail) and we have bounce(elec).

IMO:

A) we allready have bounce and allready have multishot. (hail, elec)

B) it doesn't nessesarily need to be unique to be added, if it's a really interesting idea, but to be honest, this doesn't sound interesting to me.

I hope this isn't too powerful.

Chain Bomb Tower:

Fires a glaive (the kind from the NE glaive-thrower) up to 400 range. The glaive strikes a target, dealing 2000 damage. It then bounces at random target up to 200 range away. It strikes and deals 2000 damage, then bounces again. It can bounce an unlimited number of times until there is nothing else within range. It can only hit each target once, meaning it cannot strike something it has hit before. When the glaive is out of valid targets within range, it will explode, dealing 3000 damage in a 400 range AoE.

Chain Explosive Tower:

Fires a glaive up to 600 range. The glaive strikes a target, dealing 3000 damage. It then bounces at random target up to 400 range away. It strikes and deals 3000 damage, then bounces again. It can bounce an unlimited number of times until there is nothing else within range. It can only hit each target once, meaning it cannot strike something it has hit before. When the glaive is out of valid targets within range, it will explode, dealing 4500 damage in a 600 range AoE.

The numbers are, of course, going to change. Ignore the damage, which can be easily tweaked later for balance. What do you think of the concept?

Edit: Oh, to clarify, each individual attack can't repeat targets, but after one glaive explodes, the next glaive from the same tower can still hit the previous glaive's targets.

that is way too strong. built at / VIII VII especially, every creep or at least 75% of wave will be hit.. tower can be massed to basically destroy everything at creep entrance with no micro.. even with say slow bounce speed and really long cooldown..

doesn't add much strategy.. bouncing damage exists in electricity..

besides, we already have a full set of working towers in the private betas.. for your info if you don't know, some towers have been changed totally since pb.. karawasa has more or less put an end to new content unless it is really significantly better and easy to implement and all beta leaders must be in agreement..

lol. I suppose you guys are right. XD

Sorry for not knowing what's going on. With senior year of high school crashing into my life, i dont have much time to play games and I've been behind on all kinds of gaming stuff, EleTD included. I just randomly came up with a few ideas and thought i'd put em up in case they were worth something. Here's a really stupid idea i came up with, but it might at least bring a couple of laughs.

Scorched Structure / Burning Building / Flaming Factory:

When an enemy creep comes within 600 range, this burnt building will burst into flames, and then random pieces of flaming wood will begin to fly out. Every 0.5 seconds, a piece of flaming wood will be lauched out into the air in a random direction at a range of 400-500. When a piece of debris lands, creep within a 100 AoE around the landing spot will take 600 damage and be stunned for 2 seconds. They have a 5% chance to be set on fire, burning them for 150 damage per second for 30 seconds. As a last resort measure, the entire building can be blown up to deal 60,000 damage to everything within a 900 AoE, destroying this tower along with it.

a hybrid of gunpowder, kindle, flame?

and no..we don't want random effects. percentage chance is in the game but not total random effects.

and also, stun is banned from e map. stun is also support and there are no slots left for support towers.all support towers are fixed already.

or what about using trickery to clone the tower and blow up the clone?

and the player loses gold with the ability to explode?

lol. I suppose you guys are right. XD

Sorry for not knowing what's going on. With senior year of high school crashing into my life, i dont have much time to play games and I've been behind on all kinds of gaming stuff, EleTD included. I just randomly came up with a few ideas and thought i'd put em up in case they were worth something. Here's a really stupid idea i came up with, but it might at least bring a couple of laughs.

you did right, even the ideas that feel most weird can turn out to be brilliant.
Scorched Structure / Burning Building / Flaming Factory:

When an enemy creep comes within 600 range, this burnt building will burst into flames, and then random pieces of flaming wood will begin to fly out. Every 0.5 seconds, a piece of flaming wood will be lauched out into the air in a random direction at a range of 400-500. When a piece of debris lands, creep within a 100 AoE around the landing spot will take 600 damage and be stunned for 2 seconds. They have a 5% chance to be set on fire, burning them for 150 damage per second for 30 seconds. As a last resort measure, the entire building can be blown up to deal 60,000 damage to everything within a 900 AoE, destroying this tower along with it.

Hehe, that would be a funny tower:P sadly it's far too random to work in any other than masses. and dealing damage on one wave for the cost of gold can be misused i fear.

Guest romagia

towers made from 5 elements :|

they have a customised 200% damage to the element they're not made from(icon could be something related to the element usually strong to the element its not made from), and normal damage to all others...

tech tree would be like this

-arrow/cannon(depending on element -> lv 2 arrow/cannon -> special lv 3 tower(same stats but different upgrades) -> lv 1 5 element tower(1 of each of the 5 elements) -> lv 2 5 element tower(2 of each of the 5 elements) -(if the game will ever have more waves, therefore more lumber)> lv 3 5 element tower ^^;;

maybe nature, fire and earth can be from cannon and water, dark and light from arrow

Guest Void

How about a Feedback Tower, and make all enemies have some mana you can burn, and also make it so enemies with abilities need mana to use their abilities?

Guest Silfarion

How about neutron star tower (D+E+something)? a tower that has chance to make a heavy gravitational field on attack, which pulls enemies into that for a short time (like about 0.5 to 2 secs). Of course, it will be almost an effect of stunning so it won't deal any damage, and since enemies are 'pulled', it will give both + and - effect, since the enemy at front will get pulled back, while the one behind will be pushed frontward.

i was thinking of one of these towers that Can Move the creeps too. It has been brought up thousands of times and all times axed because iot's a stun, causes clumping and all that, but here's the thing. what if, say a fishing tower that tries to catch creeps on it's fishin ggaff or what ever, and catches the creep on it's hook. when it's effect/animation runs out the creep appears at where it would have been if it was never hooked. How the Heck would that be done :o? in fact, the unit never got moved by the tower, it turned invicible but continued walking, and a new unit was created that moved as the tower wanted it, and did it's animations. and then the effect was over, it turned visible. Cool huh?:) so that it could not be abused really. (the fishing this was just an example, the coolest and best concept of a creep-moving tower would be the actual choice.

Ya, I think the most important thing is the reset part. Any creep moving tower has to not actually cause the creep to take longer to traverse the map. Else, the slow cap is bypassed and the tower also becomes a support tower. I don't know whether causing clumping can be considered damage amplification, but it can be pretty close to the line between damage and support.

Guest Void

I've got an idea.

Discharge Tower / Surge Tower / Overload Tower

With each attack on a single target, the attack speed of the tower increases by 5%/10%/15%. When the tower switches targets, it loses 50% of the bonus. When the tower gets a last hit on an enemy, there is a discharge that does damage to enemies around it.

Sounds like a combination of zealot and a passive version of tidal. I'm assuming the tower would have to be long range in order to attack the same target repeatedly.

Sign in to follow this