EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Tower Ability Wishlist

Clock tower sounds like a fairly good idea.

Swap disease to Corpse explosion

Swap Jinx to Clock Tower.

Yay.

This would be a crazy addition, but what about a new upgrade for the Super Cannon and Arrow Towers? When the player has one of each element, they can upgrade into Prism Towers for a much higher cost than the single element upgrades for the Super Cannon/Arrow Towers.

Prism Towers:

[*]Cycle between elements on attacking: Light, Darkness, Water, Fire, Nature, Earth, Light, and so forth...[/*:m:2hfb5hp0]

[*]Attacks have high range and low cooldown[/*:m:2hfb5hp0]

[*]Prism Cannon Tower has splash[/*:m:2hfb5hp0]

[*]Prism Arrow Tower has no splash, but much higher damage than cannon[/*:m:2hfb5hp0]

[*]Up to 4 (maybe) allowed on a map[/*:m:2hfb5hp0]

Another idea that probably won't work: A tower that moves. o_O

The tower would be some sort of tank tower or something with maybe 80 MP, and the tower has low range, high damage, low cooldown, no splash, and you could move the tower for maybe 5 MP per square on the building grid (each tower is 2x2 on the grid). The tower would only recover 1 MP per 8 kills, and the upgraded form(s) would give 1 MP for less kills.

Edit 1: Crazy idea 3!

A tower that has low damage, 0.1 second cool down, 600 range, and maybe splash damage. Basically, super super hard to kill with. However, when you kill it, it will increase interest rate by 1% for maybe 30 seconds.

Guest sslrranma

I would actualy like a tower that shoots out 3 shots, but they each bounce 3 times to different enemies. Kind of like this:

There are 20 enemies within 600 Range of the Multi-Bounce tower. It fires shots at Enemies #1,#5,#13. The shot fired at #1 bounced to enemies #2 and then enemy #3. The shot fired at Enemy #5 bounces to enemy #4 and enemy #3. The shot fired at enemy #13 bounces to enemy #11 then enemy #10.

Maybe make it a 3 element tower, and have the shots go up to 4 projectiles and 4 bounces.

heh this tower fears bosses as mush as kindle and nova:) but but multishot bounce doesn't sound like a too bad idea, but the tower will be pretty weak unless it has a max dps higher than other towers of it's price... and the new death tower beeing a multishot bounce tower? no thanks

hm, I didn't really get what was wrong with the older death tower that dealt damage based on current % hp left of creep... the only problem was that it doesn't really mean death as it can't kill a creep, unless it has less than 100 max hp, so that it doesn't really stack with the word "death". however, I have an idea: why not make a death tower that deals damage based of % hp lost?

oh, wait... there's a problem, it'd favor lower levels as they enter with lower hp. how about it deals damage based on % hp lost since beeing spawned?

I like the concept, it favors strategy, and something new to be implented, the double 2pass build, using area 8 and 3 for example. hmm, I'm not sure about this idea, but it feels farily good..

Maybe it'd be too much bonus if it deals 100x the damage if creep has 1% hp, so that a tier 1 death could kill an evil child with 8000hp in one shot, but the formula could be adjusted so that it has a damage, but deals extra damage based on the ability( % creep hp left) :) so that noobs would leak the entire wave trying to solo with it.

I liked the setup of the older death too, higher damage on more %hp of creep. but maybe it shall also be changed to a normal damage, with this ability as a bonus damage. This tower is a bit better than inverse, as it leaves kills to other towers and can therefore be combined with life, gold or such.

so. what was wrong with older death? (except that you made it too weak and ppl tried to solo with it, and all damage was based on the ability)

Guest metaknightmare

how bout a tower that could hit the whole map? sniper ftw!

I kind of like the concept of towers that require differing placements in order to be most effective. I know that's kind of abstract, but for example kindle is best on a longpass, but ice is most effective on a corner placement. Mushroom and magic work best on a 2-pass with lots of time in between passes, whereas zealot is best on a 2-pass with little or no space in between the two passes. And then there's long-ranged towers like impulse which would probably be placed in the middle somewhere. Quaker is even more interesting. Poison is interesting too but kind of mediocre in the first place so it never gets used much =/

So it's already pretty interesting, but perhaps even some more concepts could be thought of that would be different than all of those. Dunno.

Maybe towers that have adverse effects. Like a tower that does hefty damage but speeds the creeps up :twisted: or vice versa.

Guest ciopo

i'd like a support tower (like well/blacksmith) that increase the range , say by 100-250-400. ( autocast buff 60 sec duration just like well/blacksmith).

Also on the well tower, it would be nice if it would alo increase mana regeneration let's say magic tower for istance, it doesn't benefit a lot from well tower

Also a tower with a channel-like attack, with :

damage slighty increasing each second it channel on the same target;

a single target slow on that same target increasing over time while under effect ;

Once the target is out of channel OR the slow reach a chosen % ( let say 99% ~ full stop) the target is stunned for a very short time ( < 0.5 seconds ),deal a little aoe damage around himself then receive immunity and a speed buff for Y seconds

I like the channel like attack: A tower that does more "whatever effect" when hitting the same target several times. Dunno if thats codable, as 6 towers hitting the same target once should not have the same effect as 1 tower hitting the same target 6 times.

As for range, no serious player would choose that tower over speed or dmg in an competitive match. So I'm against a range buff tower.

Guest DevouringOne

Something like Finger of Death Tower?

Using the red flash with fire dmg... tripple tower that requiers fire, darkness and light. With dmg from 150 to 750[and from 1500 to 7500 lv2] but let the dmg to be dealed like CritSt. so the tower will look more attractive: (red flash red dmg) and ability: for every 100 attacks this tower has made, it will "explode" doing 3x[this tower dmg] to all the creeps on the map with the same animation of FoD. What a shock for the creeps. :D

Guest DevouringOne

One more new tower from me:

Dead Tower[ tower that can't kill units and won't have any dmg(lol) It is dead tower it can't kill :D ]

The ability: remove 5% of current HP of the creep and adding buff on it which will make hurt creep invulnerable from this tower attack for 15 sec.( becouse this tower will become imbaaa ), and slow attack something like 1.5

Elements required: Light, Nature, Darkness

and level 2

Really Dead Tower:

10% of creep's current HP, buff continues 7.5 sec.

Guest Jacob

In 3.0 you had death towers with a % of killing a guy, so basically when you fill the level with those towers no one is ever going to pass... in 4.0 you have % of insta kill, but the higher the creeps hp the less the chance is.

The chance in 3.0 or maybe older.

Was changed every level.

We can't say that it is hp based? can we since the chance was always the same. Just depending on the level.

Guest Silfarion

hmm, i would like...

1. blockade tower- low damage and slow, but each attack makes a wall that blocks the enemy passing for few seconds.

2. hellfire tower- very, and i mean very slow, but it will be so strong that it can kill a normal creep with almost 1 shot (no splash), and if it hit nothing or miss, it will make a burning hole at ground that the first one touches it will die instantly.

1. blockade tower- low damage and slow, but each attack makes a wall that blocks the enemy passing for few seconds.
Bad idea! We already have got such towers - enemies mustn't stop walking that causes lots of balance problems.

2. hellfire tower- very, and i mean very slow, but it will be so strong that it can kill a normal creep with almost 1 shot (no splash)
Sounds like darkness tower. Very slow but strong!

it will make a burning hole at ground that the first one touches it will die instantly.
2nd one: Percent-based-damage (100% in that case) is a bad idea - again that causes lots of balance problems ;)

Sorry that I have to kill all you ideas :?

Sign in to follow this