EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Tower Ability Wishlist

Guest ClickClick

Warp Tower : Short-Ranged, Slow AtkSpd tower that has the ability to send creeps to an alternate dimension, causing it to vanish from our world. This tower is used as a last resort to prevent a small amount of leaks that would end ur game (probaly caused by race mode, massive amount of VE players or the Leak Checkpoints idea), however this tower will not give bounty to the creeps warped away.

Esper Tower : Long-Ranged tower that increases its Damage, AtkSpd and Number of Targets by taking up the shadow of other towers build. Different quality of other towers will grant this tower a different amount of increasement. Esper towers do not take up shadows of other Esper towers. This tower requires a huge amount of other towers to gain in strength, therefore it supports the mass tower build, however causes the player to have a shortage of money.

A little space oriented, but i hope the idea is good

hehe mischievous tower. Has the ability to send a creep into someone elses maze :twisted: haha just kidding, that would be unfair, but fun(for the one using them):P

Guest left.side

Why not have towers that affect other lanes, as per the above suggestion? Say a passive tower that has an auto/manually cast spell that resurrects a random enemy creep. With proper timing it could be devastating in a head to head match. Anything that adds another dimension to multiplayer is an improvement, imo.

Or how about unique towers-- that is, only one can be built on the map at a time. You would have the option of sandbagging early on in order to rush such a tower and hopefully dominate the next few waves. It would also encourage active observation of your opponents. If they attempt to sell and rebuild a unique tower, a watchful player can quickly build their own and leave them dangling.

Guest Cataras
Or how about unique towers-- that is, only one can be built on the map at a time. You would have the option of sandbagging early on in order to rush such a tower and hopefully dominate the next few waves. It would also encourage active observation of your opponents. If they attempt to sell and rebuild a unique tower, a watchful player can quickly build their own and leave them dangling.

Did you play Magic The Gathering once?

Guest lumber_of_the_beast

Land Mine tower. Lays mines on the path that explode manually or automatically. Stun, knockback, AoE? Has no attack of its own, mines probably deal Fire or Earth damage.

Guest Darxstar

Voracity tower - tower that have % to create additional creep in next or present wave ( perhaps that creep should be stronger/weaker and should give more/less gold, maybe it also should be % chance to create more weaker creeps or one strong)

Terrain upgrade - you select place where you want build tower ( or place where tower already is) and u get upgrade. Kind of upgrade depend on kind of tower eg increase Light Tower base dmg, range of Fire Tower, Water Tower splash

Maybe it should be randomly eg when you upgrade Nova\Supernova Tower you dont know it upgrade range or dmg or slow effect

also cost of upgrade should be valuable to upgrading place :wink:

Guest Nareg

Damage increases when killing with the bonus damage and reduces when killing with less damage. EX. Fire does 200% to nature. for every nature kill, damage will increase by X, X being a number or a percentage. Damage will decrease by X for every water kill. This could introduce 6 new towers or could be implemented on the existing elemental towers as an inert or upgradeable ability.

Make sniper towers with increase range and a ministun ability, similar to the one in dota (0.1 sec stun)

Tower with an AOE Drain of X life %/second.

This is all I came up with right now or actually more what I remembered. I should really take notes down...

Guest Pelado_Diamond

-Ressurrection Tower: If this tower does the last hit, it kills AND ressurrect the creep with something like half hp.What's it's advantage? You can kill the creep again for hero exp and money...it could have a high attack,but it's kinda risky since it may make a creep that would not leak well...leak :D --Light Damage-- (Maybe with Light Water Nature?

-Lumber Tower: VERY LOW Attack power, but for every ten creep killed by it you get one lumber.Then this ammount is doubled every time (second lumber needs 20 creeps , third need 40....)The tower must be pretty weak so it should be hard to get this extra lumber --Nature Damage-- (Maybe Nature,Earth,Dark?)

(-Can't Think of a name :P) well this could be 3 new towers that would have the following ability:Very Good Damage, But it can only Hit Living creeps (tower 1) undead creeps (tower 2) and mech creeps (tower 3).Since Living creeps are muuuuuuuch more common, (tower 1) should be not thaaaaat strong, but the others should be --Composite Damage--

6 new Basic Elemental Towers! --They should be upgrades of the advanced elemental towers and would work like this: It can ONLY attack units with armor weak against it (Fire only attack Nature Creeps for example),These towers would be kinda the same of the "normal towers" but with a MUCH increased attack.Of course it would be totally Useless on waves that can't be hit by them,but on waves where they Do attack...

Also they should be able to get to pure level.

These are my ideas...not sure if they are good, I started playing this map last week!

Guest Nareg

Well this tower would deal bonus damage based on the current wave's level.

Ex. Base tower damage is D. Wave level is W. So DxW= damage.

Meaning the first tower will do 50-3000 dmg. The upgrade could make it deal 250-15000.

I think it'll be fairly easy to code also.

Guest NaotoMatsui

Tower that should be placed near the entry :

- Splitting tower : Every 20 seconds an enemy is split into 2 enemies with half of the remaining HP.

- Speed tower : Like a reversed poison tower. Increases the movement speed of the attacked unit for 10 seconds.

Finishing Tower

- Impetus tower : 400 range, deals damage proportionnal to the distance of the creep to the tower. (like the Enchantress spell Impetus in Dota)

AoE Tower

-Bombing tower : Summons an enemy bomb with 5000 hp every 10 seconds (lasts 60 seconds). Deals 1000 damage in a 600 AoE area when destroyed.

-Impaling tower : casts Impale spell in a random direction (Impale spell can not be cast manually).

Guest Dark-Death

Alright, I'm just suggesting abilities, not really telling what the Tower dmg, speed etc:

Blink Tower: When the tower attacks a unit, it gets blinked back about 200-400 range, and also the unit gets stunned very shortly.

Teleportation Tower: Upgrade of the Blink tower. 400-550 Range and stun just a tad longer.

Blink (ABILITY): Your tower can BLINK ITSELF A SHORT DISTANCE TO another piece of land. Very helpful. This is just an ability though.

Double Beam Tower: You need at least 2 towers within decent range of eachother. They will fire one continuous to each other beam tower within range and any unit walking under the beam will get stunned and damaged.

Dimensional Tower: (Or phase tower) Temporarily removes the unit attacked from existance for a few seconds.

Heroic Tower: Tower hero that gains exp for each unit it kills and gains levels later on.

Targeting Tower: Any unit that this tower attacks will be the target for all the other towers within attacking range(Like the unit used taunt).

Targeting Tower(2): This is the second ability of the Targeting tower. When a tower attacks the targeted unit, it gains a speed or damage buff for the duration of 10 seconds. Both Targeting Abilities can be Autocasted, Turned Off, and used Manually.

Chain Laser Tower: You need at least 2 of these for this tower to be effective. When this unit attacks, it's attack deals damage, then bounces off another random laser tower. It moves quickly, and the tower can only attack after the laser has reached another point, however, two laser towers will fire 2 beams. If there is only 1 laser tower, the beam goes back and nothing happens.

Mental Unstability Tower: This tower will deal an EXTREMELY POWERFUL poison, but during the time of mental unstability, it will make the unit move faster for a duration.

Mental Corrosion Tower: A variation of the tower above. It still has a mega powerful poison, but has a 50% fail chance and deals 1 damage anyways. Tower should be Slow attack speed, to prevent super power by massing.

Guest Sancdar
Alright, I'm just suggesting abilities, not really telling what the Tower dmg, speed etc:

Blink Tower: When the tower attacks a unit, it gets blinked back about 200-400 range, and also the unit gets stunned very shortly.

Teleportation Tower: Upgrade of the Blink tower. 400-550 Range and stun just a tad longer.

Blink (ABILITY): Your tower can BLINK ITSELF A SHORT DISTANCE TO another piece of land. Very helpful. This is just an ability though.

These are pretty much already in the betas for 4.0.

Double Beam Tower: You need at least 2 towers within decent range of eachother. They will fire one continuous to each other beam tower within range and any unit walking under the beam will get stunned and damaged.

I think someone suggested this already. It's not actually that useful when you think about it. There's only one to three reasonable spots to build it.

Heroic Tower: Tower hero that gains exp for each unit it kills and gains levels later on.

Have you never used a flesh golem?

The rest of those suggestions are somewhat interesting or unique.

Guest inDe_eD

-Dunno if this was mentioned, but what about a tower that works kinda like the Well tower except instead of giving it attack speed it would give the tower's attack to be splash/greater AoE if it already splashes. Or buff a tower to have a slow (unstackable of course)... or a buff that makes the tower non-elemental dmg.. something like these

-maybe a tower that takes the form of a creep passing by and the tower's properties depend on better creeps, so that the tower gets better with every wave...

-A support tower that does low non-element damage with SLOW attack speed, but bounces like 8+ times and every unit it hits has a percent chance to be converted into a different elemental defense or Non-elemental..

Here's a set of 6 towers. What's nice about this is that if all six are added, they could be beneficial to practically any build.

Synergy Towers: all deal damage of their element to a single target, and their auras only affect other Synergy Towers and themself

Bright Tower: aura increases attack speed a bit

Shady Tower: aura gives a % chance for critical hit

Cold Tower: aura gives towers an attack that slows creep a bit

Hot tower: aura increases damage a bit

Wild Tower: aura adds Damage over Time to attacks

Rocky Tower: aura gives splash or increases splash AoE to attacks

The auras should only affect the touching Synergy Towers next to or diagonal to itself, so for example:

Red = Synergy Tower giving aura

Blue = affected Synergy Towers

[X][X][X]

[X][X][X]

[X][X][X]

----------------

And here's a 3-element crazy tower and the upgraded form:

Interest Tower: The interest tower's attack does about 4000 damage with 700 range and 1 second cooldown, and stores the number of kills. It has a skill that gives bonus gold and uses an interesting formula:

Bonus Gold = (Stored Number of Kills ^2) / 5

So... say for example, it manages to last-hit 10 creep in a wave. if you use the skill, you earn:

Bonus Gold = 10^2 / 5 = 20 gold

Yes, that sucks. Don't use the ability so often. If you only have 5 kills, you will only get 3 gold (2.5 gold rounded up).

Now... lets say we're patient and wait for 20 kills. Using the skill earns you:

Bonus Gold = 20^2 / 5 = 80 gold

Still not much.

Let's go to the extreme and wait for 50 kills. This would earn you:

Bonus Gold = 50^2 / 10 = 500 gold

So, basically, the longer you wait, the more money you get. The kills are individual for that tower, so kills from one Interest Tower don't add with kills from another Interest Tower. Also, the Interest Tower should have a 5 second CD skill that costs nothing and it makes text appear that tells you how many kills it has.

Bank Tower: The bank tower is basically the advanced form of the Interest Tower. Its attack does about 20000 damage with 700 range and 1 second cooldown, and the formula is slightly different:

Bonus Gold = Stored Number of Kills ^2

10 kills = 100 gold

20 kills = 400 gold

50 kills = 2500 gold

The only worry i have is that this would add too much gold, making it unbalanced. Still, the concept is interesting.

Guest ma23

I think i saw this on some random flash td game on the internet. each tower could have 4 selections possible, target nearest, target farthest, target highest health, target lowest health.

the tower will still continue to target the creep until it dies, the selection is just to determine which creep it targets next. (for the target farthest, it knows to target on the incoming edge of the creep path passing through the tower's range)

this way good long pass towers can make use of it long range. single target damage towers can pick off the weak units or weaken up the healthy units before the creeps approach an aoe tower.

ma23, I think that such an option would be great, but will probably mean to overtrigger the whole thing which is bad for lagging issues. If each tower has a targetselection trigger multiplayer games will lag horribly (in case it is possible to code this idea, that is).

Guest Neverdweller

How about a sleep tower that will add bonus damage to the next attack that wakes up the creep :)

Maby an Upgrade tower or Synergie tower that upgrades all towers range/damage/speed for each that you have, i miss having the old metal towers but their upgrades were only for the metal towers, i think it would be pretty nifty to build a few to buff all your towers, hey it might make composite towers more useful ;)

Mob tower, Does bonus damage based on how many mob towers you control up to a max of course ;)

Corpse Explosion Tower, Pops nearby corpses poisoning nearby units dealing damage over time or just damaging them, whatever i think poison rules -_-

just a few fun things to toss in :D

I don't like the ideas, sorry.

Exept the corpse explosion, it might work better then the desease tower we have now.

Make a poll about it, something like this. "Change deases ability"

And make some polls about ideas.

That what I think you should do if you want your idea through. 8)

I like the idea of the old metal tower. How about a "shop tower" where you can buy auras, that are about the price of a boost tower?

Static tower, Zap tower, Tazer tower

[*]No attack or low damage attack[/*:m:3nkc2y3o]

[*]Each tower creates an electric link between itself and any other towers within a certain range (maybe 600 range?)[/*:m:3nkc2y3o]

[*]Each time a creep touches a link, it is stunned for .2/.4/.6 seconds (stun time increases when tower upgrades to next form)[/*:m:3nkc2y3o]

[*]When a link stuns a target, it can't stun the same target for another 2 seconds[/*:m:3nkc2y3o]

[*]Touching the link also deals some damage to the creep[/*:m:3nkc2y3o]

[*]The link's range limit prevents people from creating a Tazer tower on two ends of a long path[/*:m:3nkc2y3o]

Static tower, Zap tower, Tazer tower

[*]No attack or low damage attack[/*:m:2ss5k02x]

[*]Each tower creates an electric link between itself and any other towers within a certain range (maybe 600 range?)[/*:m:2ss5k02x]

[*]Each time a creep touches a link, it is stunned for .2/.4/.6 seconds (stun time increases when tower upgrades to next form)[/*:m:2ss5k02x]

[*]When a link stuns a target, it can't stun the same target for another 2 seconds[/*:m:2ss5k02x]

[*]Touching the link also deals some damage to the creep[/*:m:2ss5k02x]

[*]The link's range limit prevents people from creating a Tazer tower on two ends of a long path[/*:m:2ss5k02x]

Discussed before, please read your idea and try to match how it would fit in Element TD 4.0. It sounds like a good idea, but when it has going trhough your mind some times, you notice it's not that good idea.

P.S. read your post again before submited, if the link is betwen towers I first thought "Oh, this is better" but just the second after "Oh, then you could just mass alot of arrows.

Discussed before, please read your idea and try to match how it would fit in Element TD 4.0. It sounds like a good idea, but when it has going trhough your mind some times, you notice it's not that good idea.

P.S. read your post again before submited, if the link is betwen towers I first thought "Oh, this is better" but just the second after "Oh, then you could just mass alot of arrows.

hmm.. sure. The thing is, i'm not good enough at Element TD to be able to determine whether or not an idea is good. Honestly, I have trouble beating very easy mode. The only reason i know what's beyond 60 is because my older brother can beat level 60 (i dont know which mode)

So what i'm saying is... I'm just throwing out random ideas that I think of, hoping that something works out

Edit: Another idea:

Clock Tower, Time Tower, Chrono tower

This tower has a 600 range attack, with a 0.25 second cooldown. Each tower of this type cannot be built within 700 range of another one. This tower attacks all targets within its range. Its ability is every attack slows the target's movespeed by 1%, stacking up to -99% movespeed. When a target leaves it's attack range, its movespeed returns to 100%.

So what i'm saying is... I'm just throwing out random ideas that I think of, hoping that something works out.

Nothing wrong with that, you never know what will end up working.

Sign in to follow this