EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Tower Ability Wishlist

How about a tower that has a chance to teleport an enemy back to the previous turn in the path?

A tower that deals extra to undead units, or mechanical units.

Something like

Rust = Reduces armor of no-element waves and Damages + Reduces armor + Little Slow on mechanical waves. A secondary effect on hit or an autocast for a water dual tower.

Cleanse = Casts a holy bolt or so on undead creeps with extra damage and armor reduction. Life tower is excellent for such a role. It could be a secondary attack type of life tower which is only used against undead waves.

would be nice.

Guest Ubernuber

Changing unit classification would be cool, as somebody proposed above with turning units undead. What about the evil clockwerk tower: high damage to organic units, but has a chance to turn them into mechanical units. Or maybe, spawn small mechanical critters after their death.

I have to say I'm also in favor of the tidal + moon + sun combo, this was way too cool to be removed for good.

edit:

A tower with a Berserk ability would also be cool.

I'm a huge fan of aura towers, generally (crit aura, bash aura, purge aura). Check the map Xtreme AOS, every hero got an additional ability there, for all non-aura heroes this is an aura. They should have a weak effect though, in order to not make them almost mandatory like storm is now.

Guest Sancdar

^--man, I love XAOS and all, but it's the least balanced map I've ever seen.

On-topic, what about having one or two completely spell-based towers (Forked Lightning?), and changing most of the regular "spell" towers to deal physical damage. I mean, there's no real reason that Storm shouldn't be doing Light damage, or Dino fully Nature.

Or...instead of the Undead Tower making tons of weak little critters, how about it can make strong ones but at a much slower rate. Give it a secondary Doom autocast.

Guest mrchak

- attack damages unit but also reduces MAX hp (good for healing levels)

- a tower that when it hits a target, that unit and units around it average their HP so they all have the same

- alternatively, when a unit is hit by this tower, it sucks life away from nearby units, healing it but damaging them.

Guest 1mpulse

this is more for ease of use.

in all modes selling of cannons and arrows is 100% gold back, so this is viable in all game modes.

my suggestion is that the elemental arrows and cannons have the ability to change their attack element, but only to elements you have of course.

this will make beginning game easier for people who use counter elements in their cannons and arrow towers. no longer do you have to waste time selling and rebuilding the towers, you just have to click and your cannons and arrows change....

thats my rough idea, you could work with it.

Interesting idea, I'll see if it is easy to implement.

Back on-topic please, need only a few more abilities/towers brainstormed. Then, a beta can follow shortly :).

the electricity could have the ability to be transformed into negative electricity tower or positive to cast positive/negative charges on units. A Positive loaded unit close to a negative one will be pulled together(perhaps the one with lower hp pulled to the one with higher if it's impossible to get them both move together) and they both get hurt (by an electric beam between them or when they colaps)and then the positive/negative auras are removed, though if two loaded with +(or 2 with -) are close they are pushed away from each other without any dmg.

Too tricky to make maybe? :?

Need only two more abilities. They should be geared for a triple element tower (more powerful, crazy etc.).

Guest energig

How about a tower that gains power with every one of them you have, but cap it at 4 or something

Or a tower that does starfall.

You could make a tower that casts spirit link; linked units share buffs, and damage is (partially) distributed among members of a link.

Another possibility is a tower that deals damage according to the amount of unspent gold. It discourages sell/rebuild tricks whenever the player gets interest, since having unspent gold is a good thing all the time, rather than once every 15 seconds.

I like jolin012s idea of towers that either attract or repel units, depending on how use them. However, they may prove to be quite difficult to play. As an alternative, you could make a bodybind tower, making it impossible for the two affected units to move further than X units of distance away from each other.

Finally, what about a tower that requires time to charge before attacking a unit? The target unit is selected *before* charging begins, and the charge is useless if the unit moves out of range. The amount of damage is a (quadratic, maybe even cubic) function of the charge time, and the charge time is configurable by the user. Setting the time higher makes the tower more effective, but setting it too high can make the tower next to useless, as it can never actually hit a unit.

The spirit link tower does it spread the damage, or does it still deal 100% to the attacked unit and a % of damage is dealed to the others aswell?

becouase that sounds like a god idea.

Charge tower also seems god.

Guest GreatChiller

Chaos Tower: I thought it would be hilarious if there was a tower that used random Projectiles.... like it could throw different WC3 units at the creeps... I've seen TD's where towers throw children, animals... so what about a tower that throws siege engines, necromancers, frostwyrms, etc. And it would have an activate ability that would turn the armor type of all creeps in its area to a different type. So if you're on a Fire level and you have mostly Nature towers, then this ability would turn the types of the creeps around it to any armor type BUT Fire.

Beam Tower: This tower has a different form of attack. When you place it on the map, it will send out a beam in one direction (North, South, West, or East) and has an ability that will change the direction. All units that come in contact with the beam would take DOT, like the steam tower does (Except the steam towers does DOT in a circle around it, this tower would do DOT in a line)

Frostbite Tower: Just like Dota has different amounts of stun, why not have another stun tower? Let the Gemstone tower do the longer stuns, and have another tower that would slow creeps and also have a high chance to stun for like half a second.

Goo Tower: Bristleback's Nasal Goo... a slowing tower that has a stacking slow... the more times a creep is hit, the more it gets slowed.

Return Tower: This tower has a % chance to deal an extra amout of damage to a targeted creep 10 seconds later. (So let's say it hits a creep for 100 damage, there's a % chance that it will do an extra 100 damage after 10 seconds to that creep, when it is far out of the tower's range)

Bonfire Tower: A cross between Twinhead Dragon's Auto-Fire and Sand King's Caustic Finale, this would be a High-damage tower. When it kills a creep, it spawns a pillar of fire on that spot that does high DOT to any creeps standing there. Good for taking out a lot of creeps that are close together.

Guest Sancdar
Beam Tower: This tower has a different form of attack. When you place it on the map, it will send out a beam in one direction (North, South, West, or East) and has an ability that will change the direction. All units that come in contact with the beam would take DOT, like the steam tower does (Except the steam towers does DOT in a circle around it, this tower would do DOT in a line)

There's only one spot on the map where this would be useful, what's the point?

MOAR DOTA ABILITIES

Bonfire Tower: A cross between Twinhead Dragon's Auto-Fire and Sand King's Caustic Finale, this would be a High-damage tower. When it kills a creep, it spawns a pillar of fire on that spot that does high DOT to any creeps standing there. Good for taking out a lot of creeps that are close together.

So...you've never used Lava then, I guess?

ROfl idea for the chaos tower, I've also seen many tds that shoots kids and stuff. And I HaTed It! To hear the sound of a dying kid all the time.

Guest GreatChiller

Okay, so only give it a range of 400 or so.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Lava is based off of the Firelord's Incinerate. I'm suggesting a skill based off of the Dark Ranger's Black Arrow- upon creep death, it summons a pillar of fire...probably a simple ward with one aura that does massive DOT to any creep standing on top of it. Like Dota's Auto-Fire.

Guest Sancdar

Okay, so only give it a range of 400 or so.

No, I mean there's only one place that gets straight-line approaches in multiple directions. Well, two I guess, if you count the tiny turn to the left when the creeps first come out.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Lava is based off of the Firelord's Incinerate. I'm suggesting a skill based off of the Dark Ranger's Black Arrow- upon creep death, it summons a pillar of fire...probably a simple ward with one aura that does massive DOT to any creep standing on top of it. Like Dota's Auto-Fire.

I still don't see much of a difference between doing a bunch of AoE damage when a creep dies and doing a bunch of AoE damage when a creep dies. Of course, since Lava is being removed, maybe your version has a shot.

Guest ClickClick

Hmm... The electricity tower could shoot a low dmg lightning that sorta bounces through out the wave like how metal does (Except this one goes till the end), and the dmg increases by x% for each bounce (Opposite of wc3's moonglaive.)

Another idea would be a Kodo Tower (a twitch to the old dinosaur tower). The tower will 1st eat a creep, the creep's hp will drop by a small %, and the tower spits the creep back out (killing it) to the next target, causing a splash dmg to the target(s) based on the creep's hp (whether the dmg is affected by armor or not is another factor). In short, it kills a creep to severely damage other creeps, making it a good opening tower. (Side note, it synergies with the tower above.)

PS: 1st post in my EleTD forum life =D

Guest mrchak

Welcome to the forum

The chain lightning idea is actually planned to be implemented (so its a coincidence you suggested it).

I was always a big fan of the dinosaur tower swalloing units. It was always a lot of fun, but it was problematic (if you sold the tower, the unit in its belly would be running around your tower area). I don't understand why the creep swallowed would have its hp reduced by a certain % if its just going to be killed when it is spit out. I think to balance it a little more, it could do X damage to the unit when it is spit out, and do damage to nearby units, not a bad idea.

Guest ClickClick

Well, actually what i thought of was... The creep inside the tower will hv its HP reduced by.. say 1%. So if its hp be4 eaten is 1000, it will become 990, and spitted back out to do 990 dmg to an area. That way, it will not cause a quick area clear and being IMBA when combined with well tower. It would also solve the old problem cause the creep will last in the belly for only about 1 second. I dont really think someone in the right state of mind would sell his elemental tower in the middle of a wave.

About the chain lightning idea, i sure hope that it will start with a low dmg and multiply, instead of starting with a high dmg and decreasing. It would sorta help u overcome being mobbed due to the difference in difficulty.

Guest mrchak

We can't assume people on battlenet are in the right state of mind. That's usually not the case...

So you suggest that the longer you wait to spit it out, the less damage it will do? That seems backwards.

Guest ClickClick

Not at all. The time gap between eating the creep and spitting it out is around 1 second (it can be a 1 shot per second tower), so the creep's hp actually drops by just a little bit to prevent the spitting from killing the other creeps. The point of this tower is actually to build it at a long pass and help weaken the creeps before they enter the main killing area (well, atleast its the idea i had when it 1st came to me).

Probably it would be better if it was a single target tower with a short range. So its attack pattern might be something like

Eat --> Skip (Delay) --> Spit --> Skip --> Eat

Thus the wave would end up having out of 30 creeps, 8 eaten, 8 with red life, 14 will be unhurt

Anyways i just thought up of another idea :

Spike Tower - Shoots a small AoE projectile (preferably the ammunition of wc3 orc's demolisher) that releases spikes to a larger AoE upon impact. Units hit by the spikes will receive an extra x%, and if hit again, the x% doubles, triples and so on (sorta like a more useful lava tower) for a duration.

Ethereal abillity (from tower tournament); abillity that significantly decreases the movement speed of a creep but makes it invurnerable to towers for a certain amount of time. This abillity must cost a lot of mana OR the tower that uses it must be Slow or Very slow.

Patrol abillity; abillity that makes a creep patrol for a certain amount of time (or let it walk from A to B 2 times). This abillity must cost a lot of mana OR the tower that uses it must be Slow.

Reverse abillity; abillity that makes ALL creeps walk backwards for 1-2 seconds. The tower that uses it must be Slow or Very slow OR the abillity must cost a lot of mana.

Fragile Element abillity; abillity that spawns 1 wolf when a creep gets killed by this tower. The wolf attacks enemy creeps and with every hit from this wolf the creeps armor type gets changed. The wolf must not do much damage (it's abillity may be useful in some situations...) and must not attack too fast. Average is good enough I guess.

Spike Trap abillity; abillity to put traps on the ground near the tower that has this abillity. The abillity must either have a big range or the tower is able to move so you can place this trap on different spots. The trap instantly kills a target (except the element ''bosses''), but disappears when it stroke 1 time (or little more). This abillity hasn't got a big cooldown/ doesn't cost too much mana, because 1 killed unit per trap isn't that much.

Delay abillity; abillity that hits a target. When the target is hit, it doesn't recieve any damage. But after like 40 seconds it receives the damage (which is pretty big). Only downside: the effect will wear of when exiting the cave (and reappearing on the other side). So you must think well before placing. The tower that uses it must not be too fast (average-very slow will do fine) OR the abillity must have an average-very slow cooldown.

Sign in to follow this