EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Tower Ability Wishlist

Guest Sancdar

The closest tower we currently have would be Gold, I guess. This is more reliable for increasing income, but has the risk that you can leak more units if you're unable to deal with the wave.

Guest Silfarion

How about glass-crystal-diamond tower? It is a tower that makes the creep unable to move for 2-5 seconds, but also making it invulnerable. By this, you can give more damage to this creep and kill a bit more easier (although this tower will be useless at elemental summoning level and ronald).

remember that NO stuns of any form are allowed AT ALL in the game.

in 3.0 there was gem towers and clay towers. some creeps could be stunned, giving the player plenty of time to pick off individual creeps. or too many creeps were stunned and multiple waves accumulated at the entrance.

Guest NinoDoko

i was thinking, what about a tower with an ability that increases moovespeed, armor and hp of a creep, but the creep dies after 15 secs or so?

Guest NinoDoko

well, if we put in a reasonable duration till the creep dies (meaning that its worth building on the begining) and a high cooldown (so that u cant beat the game with 30 towers) may be good :)

another crazy idea : what about a hell tower with 666 dmg which has a 66,6% chance to kill the target? (and 6.66 secs attackspeed :P oh, and 666 range :P )

should i mention balance again?=)

for your information if you want ideas to go through, it is not recommended to have towers with a constant chance to instant kill units. (drowning's chance is based on creep hp and thus lower chance on evil children and ronalds than say siege tanks.)

Guest Silfarion
remember that NO stuns of any form are allowed AT ALL in the game.

in 3.0 there was gem towers and clay towers. some creeps could be stunned, giving the player plenty of time to pick off individual creeps. or too many creeps were stunned and multiple waves accumulated at the entrance.

Err, k. But i mean like (I don't mean to violate any rules, i am just suggesting. I don't mean to offend you guys, k?) stun and freeze is practically different. Stun is well, stun but what i mentioned is making it invulnerable and unable to move.

P.S: Fine, just another suggestion. How about natural disaster tower (earth + nature + water)? It only deals 1 damage (like other towers like windstorm), but it has different skills and has different chances to summon them (like 10% flood, 10 % earthquake, etc).

unable to move is more or less stunning a creep..

random effects are not really for the game.. been proposed before and luck-based towers received little support. besides, difficult to balance properly.. trying to make say 6 unique spells that have different effects and remain balanced is a major challenge. hero mode was killed because of that reason.

Skill should be the most important factor and losing games due to luck-based towers casting useless/weak/redundent spells isn't fun.. (gem td has that)

% chance for extra damage (hydro, quaker, drowning and the like) is as far as the game would go..

Err, k. But i mean like (I don't mean to violate any rules, i am just suggesting. I don't mean to offend you guys, k?)

No worries, didn't offend us at all. sorry for giving your ideas negative feedback :(

your latest idea is not that bad. but having several skills that still have to be unique and balanced is not that easy.. It is possible ofcourse, but is it worth it? what is interesting with the idea? any skill involved? not really. placement? different placement for different spell, so placement won't be as important. Fun? ya probably a bit more fun than they regular towers :) Overall, sorry, the idea is not attracting enough to implement IMO.

Guest NinoDoko

I had some ideas that i think will fit around here :D

One tower, uses an ability - every 5 seconds or so, it picks all units in a wide area and emits a stomps from all of them. The stomp deals damage in an AOE, but DOESNT stun. This means, the more units this tower hits, the more damage it does :D

Another idea : A tower with a barrage like ability. It deals decent damage, but if more creeps enter its range, it shoots at all of them. Every extra arrow shot reduces the tower dmg by 10%. Meaning that its more effective vs a single creep.

I had some ideas that i think will fit around here :D

One tower, uses an ability - every 5 seconds or so, it picks all units in a wide area and emits a stomps from all of them. The stomp deals damage in an AOE, but DOESNT stun. This means, the more units this tower hits, the more damage it does :D

Another idea : A tower with a barrage like ability. It deals decent damage, but if more creeps enter its range, it shoots at all of them. Every extra arrow shot reduces the tower dmg by 10%. Meaning that its more effective vs a single creep.

Nice ideas! the first one, I guess favors clumping a bit too much.. so even though we make clumping not overpowered with slpash it'd be overpowered with this tower that splashes more the more there is to splash.. if you see what i mean. (the closer the creeps are, the more stomps and the more each stomp does.

second one, a really cool tower, multishot with lower dmg the more shots. with a different factor than 10% off, it could be a tower that favors from beeing on shortpass (yay we could get back shortpass towers)

I like the second idea of NinoDoko too. Let's revive this thread as I'm planning to axe at least a few towers ;).

Oh, I really really hate radius tower...... my wishlist is that it gets replaced.

I wonder with that multishot, it will be rather different, 0 micro slowing increases power differently. (cool finally something new..... every tower has 7% of increase aka boring)

And this Frost Orb spell,

Commands:

-start (starts the test)

-orb (switchs between 2 abilitys)

The spell triggers when the hero attacks.

testmap.w3x

Sign in to follow this