EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
holepercent

The Forum Draft series!

Last nature is 54, you know? ;)

Edit: Would it be OK to delay the draft start till after the tourney on euro-b-net? (Like 20:00 pm gmt)

Element draft summary...

in draft order

darkness3

water3

earth3

water2

water1

fire2

light1

darkness1

light2

earth1

light3

interest

fire1

interest

interest

The pool:

interest X3

water 1,2,3

fire 1,2

light 1,2,3

darkness 1,2

earth 1,2

just so happened that i was away from home over the weekned and had no access to a computer...

Draft summary

Duals removed: poison, kindle, hydro, quark, trickery

Triples removed: gold, polar, impulse, windstorm, flamethrower, laser, tidal

The element pool:

interest X3

water 1,2,3

fire 1,2

light 1,2,3

darkness 1,2

earth 1,2

Final rules:

Single-player mode only

VH pick, non-chaos, non-short, non-extreme. No other modes to be added.

You are allowed to leak but not for interest. Even if you do deliberately leak for interest, you'll probably wouldn't get a good score for time...

Building of removed towers/summoning of elementals not drafted will incur a 3 point increase in total score.

Any instances of bug abuse, known or unknown beforehand will result in replay being disqualified.

Scoring and winning replay

Replay with LOWEST score wins. Final score will the sum of each component below.

Leaks (least to most) : 1,3,4,5,7

Time taken (fastest to slowest) : 1,3,4,5,7

Networth (highest to lowest) : 1,1,2,2,3

Ronalds killed (most to least) : 1,1,2,2,3

explaination: eg. for leaks, the replay with the fewest leaks will score one point. the 2nd lowest leaks will score 3 points and so on. therefore, replay with most leaks scores 7 points. in case of ties, all will receive the lower score.

Time taken is until victory message appears. This excludes the ronald hunt.

Best build design will have 2 points subtracted from the replay's total score. best build design will be picked by me. ( as per draft traditions where best build design is picked by host). This condition may not be used if there is a clear winner.

Build design draft

Elements:

Pure water

focused fire

pure light

focused earth

focused darkness

Duals:

tier3 ice (LW) upgrades to hail

tier2 electricity (LF) upgrades to jinx

tier2 magic (DF) upgrades to jinx, corrosion

tier2 gunpowder (DE) upgrades to muck

tier2 blacksmith (FE) upgrades to zealot

Triples:

tier2 hail (LDW) upgrade from ice

tier2 jinx (LDF) upgrade from electricity and magic

tier2 corrosion (DWF) upgrade from magic

tier2 muck (DWE) upgrade from gunpowder

tier2 zealot (WFE) upgrade from blacksmith

LET THE DRAFT BEGIN!

replay submission closes 72hrs from time of this post. You may submit your replay anytime and replace it with another replay at any time until closing.

i promise not to change. 72 hours will be 72 hours.

(any appeals for extra time please PM me)

First replay from DDRKirby(ISQ) submitted by PM...

i shall not reveal anything except that the replay is to ronalds to avoid spoiling the market...

you have roughly 24 hours left to turn in your replays...

what i'm playing : LFWDE-LWF-DLW

essentially, tier3 ice, tier2 electricity, tier2 magic, tier2 hail, t2 corrosion and tier1 zealots to cover the defense. i felt like trying something not so conventional just for fun..

LWFD and DWEF are possible 4-element builds for the draft.. LWFD has corrosion muck electricity, DWEF has zealot muck corrosion.

and will anyone turn in a replay that opens with $$$ come draft end?

Quick question. If 1 of the scores is equal, what happens?

Lets say player A and B doesn't Leak. Player C and D leaks 10 each and lvl E leaks 30.

Does player A and B share 1st place, and both get score 1, and C and D share 3rd place and both get score "4" and E get 5th place with a score "7"?

Another problem by me

What happens if the ending score is:

10 - 10 - 12 - 12 - 14 (This is possible!)

@kaini's problem. I guess that'd just bring us 2 winners and also 2 sharing the thirdplace:) but hole decides how it's done ofcourse ;)

if there are ties in a single aspect, all players will get the lower score.

overall ties will be settled with the '-2' build design winner (picked by draft host) rule although i would not want to use this rule if possible...

overall ties will be settled with the '-2' build design winner (picked by draft host) rule although i would not want to use this rule if possible...

Why would you need to change the tie?

Why not just leave it a tie :)

I've got one that I could release, but I'll try to do it better 1 or 2 times I guess... :)

Edit: Ok, I'm getting tired. I could play better, if only there was more time, and my computer wouldn't have broken down, and I had more sleep, and the darleks are hunting me again, and there are raptors in my backyard.. :P

haha it's ok Cisz. I left you an opportunity to win. You'll see when/if you watch my replay :roll:

Curious to see everyone else's builds =D

btw I just finished as well, finally got one that I was happy with (though, as I said, I did end up leaving an opportunity for the others). It's 4:00 AM here in the US West coast. o_o;;

haha it's ok Cisz. I left you an opportunity to win.

underestimating my ultimate powers again? :)

btw, this might be my last draft. my hands hurt, my brain hurt, my eyes hurt, and my stomach hungers hehe :D hope everyone finished with something they're happy with. I'm rather so happy with mine aswell :)

The draft is closed!

so everyone except chris submitted their replays by PM to me (at the time of this post)..

It's been a blast organising this draft.. this goes out to all who supported this draft 'tournament' . i'm sure all you drafters learnt something new, experimented with unconventional builds and had fun.. not to mention all the last minute rushing to get that perfect noleak replay..

Draft report will follow soon (most likely over the weekend).. i'll try to announce the results within 48hrs.

Anyone fancy draft #2 ??

We should'nt post replays here before chris has said something, right?

There is a slight chance that he still wants to participate. Or do you, almighty O%, disqualify him without hearing him out?

I would be ok with waiting for him to come back and say what is up letting him post a replay if he does have one. At least waiting with disqualifying him until he's back

i'll wait another roughly 24hrs for him.. wouldn't disqualify him so fast..

after that i'll say all drafters post their own replays in this thread once either he replies or i disqualify him..

Guest chris

Hello

So, I have finished. But only Level 52.

Thanks a lot, that you don't disqualified me.

Sign in to follow this