EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
holepercent

The Forum Draft series!

um -waah??

hup-hum..

Please allow me (^^) to introduce myself, I'm jolin, and I own you both :)

My picks are to come soon after some thinking.

7th pick - Light 1

And our 5th element is chosen, offering us some early on electricity and perhaps a bit of ice for the one who is cool enough :)

Now we'd like to add some more darkness and fire or something, for a corrosion at tier 2 wouldn't be too bad would it? remember that it does 9 armor reduction, meaning 50% more damage from towers. Maybe we could get our muck and smith and gun maigic and zealout upgraded on the way? (onyl if we teamwork lol)

(Ps: Sorry for having an edit, forgot to make "7th pick light 1" large font size. I mean it's not good editing around with eles chosen in order, although I was quick finding this, and prolly my timestamp for "last edit" is more fresh and every post after this anyway.)

but Cisz, the only advantage I have is build speed, and that only works in SR! xD

I have seen your replay, you play very... hmmm.... lots of panic. It's nice and fast but sometimes you don't know what you want to do. :P

I am relaxed but sometimes I panic too. 8)

Interresting picks at the moment. Nature is the missing one.

Wather 3 - I never played it (I did in 3.0 but not in 4.0). In random a T3 element is rare.

Muck 2 and Corrosion 2 would be nice, but at the moment i miss Roots ant Nova.

I think I have found a small bug in the pick system. It is useless to say the tear of the choosen elements ;)

it's only for "wishful thinking out loud" purposes. Calling tier 3 water means you would like everyone else if possible to support by picking tier 1 and tier 2.

my 1.22 replay isn't the best example of what I was when I was at my peak -_- but it does illustrate my playstyle well enough. It is very true that sometimes I try to interest sell too hard and end up sacrificing efficiency in the process! =X

nice to see some arguments being put up and discussion on other matters.. LOL..

unfortunately (or fortunately), all 6 elements will be available for summoning, just at what tiers.. Periodics are removed from the pool (by draft host) in the spirit of the draft to have varied strategies and not have everyone playing similar builds.. The draft was a way to encourage use of other towers and not stick to the same tried-and-tested builds and towers.

And as cisz mentioned, the point of this draft is not to win against the map, it's to win against the other players. Everyone here has completed VH pick games and VH rnd games. It's more interesting to see how different players work around restrictions imposed on them, mainly the removal of certain duals and triples, and to a lesser extent (for this draft due to it being 6-ele) , having certain elements at certain tiers not available.

In a way, the draft is also a cross between pick and random. Pick as you have some choice in the elements you get, while at the same time, not being entirely in the hands of the game as in random mode. Adding in the restrictions of the removed duals and triples should make for a varied game...

Keep the draft going!!

The element draft so far..

(in draft order)

darkness3

water3

earth3

water2

water1

fire2

light1

nature1

Summary:

All 3 tiers of water have been drafted. Light and nature at tier1 added into the pool.

tier 3 darkness and earth drafted with all lower tiers yet to be drafted.

fire at tier 2 with tier 1 not drafted yet.

And as cisz mentioned, the point of this draft is not to win against the map, it's to win against the other players.

Yeah, but preferably say something like "cause hydrocloric is strong" rather than "cause I will own you so hard if you help me pick this" :)

All 6? I am disapointed with you. :P

And just to make this clear:

Periodics are out, cause holepercent says so.

Thanks for that. :)

Now, how do we solve this problem. How can we make this interesting..

Edit 001 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I would like to prevent a hydrochlorics/mire/fanatics. We have 15 picks alltogether, 5 left that are not mine, and it takes only 3 picks to get those.

Nature, light, essence or interest are my favourites so far, to keep this a hard build.

Edited

The element draft so far..

(in draft order)

darkness3

water3

earth3

water2

water1

fire2

light1

darkness1

Summary:

All 3 tiers of water have been drafted. Light tier1 added into the pool.

tier 3 earth drafted with all lower tiers yet to be drafted.

tier 1 and tier 3 darkness drafted with tier 2 yet to be drafted.

fire at tier 2 with tier 1 not drafted yet.

Nature will remain the undrafted element.

The story: After a discussion, chris agreed to change his pick. This was to avoid a 6-element game which most felt was too easy to complete.

Ahh, so chris changed his mind. :)

Much better. Plz all stay away from nature. ok? ;)

Hm. Light, essence or interest..

Ok:

9th Pick: Light 2

10th pick: EARTH 1

I want to have Muck!

11th pick: LIGHT 3

Ice 3 sounds very good. :)

my 1.22 replay isn't the best example of what I was when I was at my peak -_- but it does illustrate my playstyle well enough. It is very true that sometimes I try to interest sell too hard and end up sacrificing efficiency in the process! =X

actually I retract this statement. I watched the replay again and I think that actually is pretty representative of my skill level. I always make some silly mistakes such as not being prepared for the next wave in time, etc. Also I haven't had that much experience with having no element picks for rounds 6-10, etc, so that part wasn't that great.

Guest chris

13th Pick: Fire Tier 1

I like Electricity Towers.

And now it's all up to DDRKirby(ISQ) :)

Although his choices might not make such a big difference anyway.

Darkness would give: Pure Darkness (Poison3 removed) (Trickery3 removed)

Earth would give: Pure Earth (Quark3 removed) (Hydro3 removed)

Fire would give: Pure Fire, Electricity3 (Kindle3 removed)

Interest: An extra investment!

Pure essence: An extra Pure essence!

I won't try to influence Kirby's choice in any other way than simply clearing out the choices available..

^^

Now we just need the final rules and the score formula/winning conditions and a starting and ending time from holepercent and we can soon start. :)

GL HF evryone!

Sign in to follow this