EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
0rb3r

Hydro, the elementals nightmare

You can kill any elemental with 3 hydro towers and some very small damage support. Its the ultimate elemental weapon, and i dont like it.

I think that the skills of alternative slowers (hydro's splash and jinx's timewarp), should NOT affect elementals, if this can be coded somehow withou redesigning the whole attacks, i would be grateful.

Does anybody feel the same way? Comment!

Guest Sancdar

The elementals are easy to take down with a number of towers, I don't see too much of a problem.

Impulse, the elementals nightmare. that is all

Hmm? Well, it's true all right.

But:

- Jinx make the elemental keeps returning especially if there are 3 jinx towers

- Hydro "almost" stop elemental in their track

- Impulse can chase elemental even on faraway place (damage dealer)

- Laser is the reverse of impluse which can be useful on short range

Just don't use AoE tower against elemental, right?

Guest 1mpulse

well. for some odd reason impulse is my favourite tower :roll:

Ahh, you like to micro huh?

I'm not very talented doing micro things...

Laser is the reverse of impluse which can be useful on short range

let me disagree. Shortrange sucks on elementals and, laser has the shortest range in the game, along with fire tower. and- what makes laser strong is to attack where it is the weakest, aka not follow a unit or a boss on their path.

Ahh, you like to micro huh?

Impulse must'nt be microed when chasing a boss, and it has a good damage if placed at 5 when boss goes from 1 to 3 to 9 to 8 and so. so - I like impulse for bosses :) but something like a light or darkness tower is also nice, in random relocated nature does well too, but magic must be one of the greatest favorites along with hydro and jinx.

wait WAIT!!!!

I am sure that karawasa said a LONG time ago that the stun on hydro will be taken away so it only deals damage. The creeps will still be moving in the air.

So I think this topic is pointless as it will not be any stun at all.

yes.

on a side note, hydro and jinx give the same "amount" of indirect slow, the difference being that jinx is more effective since the proc chance is 33% as opposed to hydro's 25%...but jinx is more expensive, etc.

Of course the effects of jinx and hydro don't stack by themselves, but they do stack with each other, so jinx can proc on a creep in the air.

jinx is more effective since the proc chance is 33% as opposed to hydro's 25%...

Hydro is 20% actually...

But strangely enough, I think "hydro creep toss" occur more frequently than "jinx abilities"... Is it right?

hydro is used a lot more than jinx. that's why you see more hydro triggers than jinx triggers. hydro can be used used in the early game while jinx is used in very specific situations, say catching elementals, or often late game or ronald hunts..

but it appears somewhat that hydro tends to proc more than jinx even with the supposedly lower chance..

Guest Sancdar

Hydro's proc is displayed immediately, jinx gave the creep 5 seconds to be killed before you saw it happen.

yap, and, with jinx, the jinx tower kept attacking a creep even though it got cursed. while hydro towers swithc target as soon as someone is tossed into the air.

hydro doesn't target creeps that are in the air? Really???

wow. never knew that. How does that work? I mean obviously it still fires on creeps in the air in certain situations (i.e. elementals when it's the only target available)...

I don't think it will be possible to make a erupted creep get erupted again without it looking or acting funny.

However, I can make it switch targets once it fires (like you ordering stop command).

Sign in to follow this