EleTD.com
Lizarb

the new forum

View New Posts is very unreliable for me.

Quoting a post does not contain quotes within that post, which can make a conversation within a thread awkward.

I'm still left wondering where any meaningful improvements are.

This morning I tried to quote a post witch only had a quote inside 10 minutes until I noticed that that won't work...

the main reason I like this forum over the old is that the sections are 10x easiers to navigate between. With the old forum you really had to be carefull that you were in the correct section. The crosslinking between the sections in the old forum was confusing.... atleast to me.

I like the new forum because it acts more like other forums. If that makes sense. ;)

the main reason I like this forum over the old is that the sections are 10x easiers to navigate between. With the old forum you really had to be carefull that you were in the correct section. The crosslinking between the sections in the old forum was confusing.... atleast to me.

I like the new forum because it acts more like other forums. If that makes sense. ;)

It does :) It remind me aof DotA's forum very much.

What do you mean? There is no real difference in the navigating?

Guest MethoD

The new forum is far more better than old forum.

Invision power board suited nice.

I opened this thread and saw 10 posts marked "today" however couldn't find from where the unread posts began, so had to re-read 5 posts. perhaps it's my browser acting weird again. that and also that i can't see if there are unread posts in a forum section are the greatest of my probs with the new forums. aslo i would wish for a "see all unread posts" button.

I opened this thread and saw 10 posts marked "today" however couldn't find from where the unread posts began, so had to re-read 5 posts. perhaps it's my browser acting weird again. that and also that i can't see if there are unread posts in a forum section are the greatest of my probs with the new forums. aslo i would wish for a "see all unread posts" button.

:/ I don't see your problem, I never use any of those functions and still can keep track of every thread that I haven't read. Anyways that's just me having some sort of imba memory.

it's neat if read posts are market with a "this is read" icon, so that i can speed through until i reach what i haven't read.

And there is a new problem, found by kaini, but also suffered by me. if I click "view new posts" and open all topics in new tabs, the first one will not be marked as read. If there is only one topic and i open it in a new tab it will not be marked as read either.

Nice black pearl.. much better than turquoice dreams (which has been removed).. and the colours display correctly..

since almost all users would definately switch to the 'original' black pearl when turquoice dreams was like trying to copy it but not really close..

I liked turquoise dreams too, but black pearl is better. I guess turquoise dreams was removed, bacause this deal only covers 5 free skins. ;)

I removed it because I noticed Turquoise Dreams caused the board to be laggy when scrolling (maybe because of the high-res banner image at the top). We can have unlimited skins, but more is a hassle to support (on my end) and also who wants to scroll through 20 skins of which only 4-5 are really used. And...I knew Black Pearl would be a hit :).

There is only one thing I miss, before there was yellow/red arrows before you entered a certian part of a forum. Example: general discussion

And if it was a yellow arrow you had read all post's and red arrow it was unread post's in there.

It was easyer before, now you need to enter everypart to see if there is any post's unread.

EDIT: I can't autologgin anymore.

Is the read post marked as unread problem fixed?

no.. I just had 10 new post topics, opened in new tab. refreshed the search for todays active, and 3 of the 10 were still marked as unread and no, no new new post between searches.

Now, less than an hour later, I logged on again, to find those 10 topics marked as unread again, with no new posts! :angry: Still using the todays active topics button. Will see if they're marked read or unread in real forumsection now... nopes, in real forum sections everything is as should be. it is "todays active topics" that bugs read/unread hell of a lot! :( Also I find now weekold posts in forum sections that i missed. a "show all unread posts" button would have sold for this.

Same here, "unread" functionality does not exist yet. :(

Not sure what to say. I really love the new forums. Everything is lightning fast, I don't suffer from this read but marked unread problem, the new skins are much better, modding and administration are significantly easier, customization and modifications are also easier, quick reply and quick edit are so useful, and the support team is great (they fix everything).

Hey, great. Now I only need working "unread" functionality, and I like the new forums.

same. since the read/unread post bug only existed in the todays active topics that I'm forced to use at the moment.

"view all topics with unread posts" would be awesome!!

and also one more thing. I wanna see on a post if it is unread or read, since when I open a topic with unread posts, there are up to 20 posts and I don't wanna read all that I already read. So either - a little icon for each posts if it's read or unread, OR ok with me would be, if I open in show unread topics I can choose page 1, 2, 3 etc. if there was a button for " show from oldest unread post" and I would get to that page, and to the very post that is oldest unread, that would be awesome! else - the unread/read icon would be cool.

with these two (view topics w/ unread posts)(&)(icon for unread/read or direct link to first unread in topic) I am finally perfectly happy with the new forums :)

Well, I still have problems with logging in. Seems like the forum won't remember me. Sometimes it does after I click on a forum or thread, sometimes it doesn't (so when I enter the forum I'm not logged in, but after clicking on a forum I am). Deleting cookies didn't help btw.

EDIT: oh, and smilies and those wrenches look rather weird on dark skins.

Well, I still have problems with logging in. Seems like the forum won't remember me. Sometimes it does after I click on a forum or thread, sometimes it doesn't (so when I enter the forum I'm not logged in, but after clicking on a forum I am). Deleting cookies didn't help btw.

EDIT: oh, and smilies and those wrenches look rather weird on dark skins.

i experience the same problem occassionally.. enter forums with a white background (guest), click on anything and the black background (logged on, black pearl skin) comes back..

I can't find any remember me box to check ^^ so i don't expect it to remember me. Firefox can remember the password for my forumname but that's all, I still have to log in.