EleTD.com
dvdlesher

Healing suggestion

I'm sorry for posting this kinda late, but I hope it can help

Okay, about healing wave as I experienced (currently), it heals with certain amount of HP percentage around 200-300 AoE (not really sure)

How about this:

1. Every time a creep dies, it's healing power is based on distance to other creep. The closer it gets, the more HP percentages healed

(e.g. if a creep dies and there is 2 other creep with range 100 and 150 from the dying creep, the 100 range creep got more heal percentage than 150 range creep)

or

2. The healing power after a creep dies is based on other percentages of other creeps HP

(e.g. if a creep dies and there is 2 other creep has 40% and 70% HP left, the 40% gets healed to 44% and the 70% gets healed to 77%)

I hope my post is understand-able

I like the first one :)

2nd one is a bit strange. I would make it the other way round. (e. g. the 40% => 50% and the 70% => 75%.)

Something to code = chance to bug = release delayed = people kill me. I encourage everyone to discuss this though, as anything is possible for 4.1.

Something to code = chance to bug = release delayed = people kill me.

Yup, that's the usual process. We have a squad of hired assassins for this. :lol:

heh - somebody bump all topics like these with ideas, improvements, modes etc once 4.0 is released - until then any bumper gets assassinated :)

People killing, people dying (quoting from song "Where is the Love") :D

Anyway, I pretty much prefer my 2nd idea (and was revised by Kaini). How about you guys?

his is for 4.1 anyway, not for current RC, so we've gotta plan it somehow if we are about to improve this game

erm.. the 2nd one... I don't think i like that stuff gets more complicated and the game harder to understand (more knowledge required, same intelligence) Healing to be aoe heal was designed to counter splash+clumping, one unit would die when the other had 10% hp left, so with this heal, the slow&splash build would still conquer everything with ease, since creepswould only heal each other for 1%. But kainis suggestion sounds reasonable, with more heal the more hp lost. But I dunno how this would help teh game get better...

it would just change the way some builds are set-up. how to micro to maximise the damage and prevent creeps from healing..

the current version, without any slowing, is something like try to micro to kill every alternate creep, then no creeps are healed and no extra damage is needed.

Something to code = chance to bug = release delayed = people kill me.

Yup, that's the usual process. We have a squad of hired assassins for this. :lol:

Yup, btw, shall I go get em'?