EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest galace

SHORTCUT KEY in elemental summoning center?

SHORTCUT KEY in elemental summoning center?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest galace

I wouldn't mind joining the team, (can't seem to find groups page spoken of) I have some good ideas (personally), I also have lots of experiance with TDs, And I have some minor experiance with WC3 Editor

So if possible sign me up.

(yes i know i spelled experiance wrong)

Guest Engr.O

Like in DotA (but I'm not promoting it here. I'm just comparing it). Almost mouse-move, click, ... has corresponding shortcuts for quick access on each command. So, whenever I summon anything in elemental summoning center there's no need to mouse-over my mouse and click it in which consumes time to do it. Therefore, I suggest the shortcut key in "numpad". Likewise in using item while controlling your hero(es), unit(s), etc. Hoping you will consider this. Pls. support. ty

If you consider this, it would great help not just for myself but to all of us. Making this game more fun and more gamers of eletd.

Sorry for my poor english. Hope you will understand.

I'm looking forward on this. Thank you for your consideration.

P.S. I have a sample picture for this enable to be explained well of what I mean but I wasn't able to attach because the system says "expected to be attach bmp file & yet you gave jpg type" & I tried bmp & still doesn't accept it. This would result another problem to me. Somebody help me how.

Sincerely yours,

Guest Jacob

You mean hotkeyíng the elements in the research center, excuse me that doesnt make sense.

You can basically hotkey everything, unless you cant hotkey researches... Basically I dont care clicking them, neither for towers.

Other then that you can make a script for it aswell if you really wanted a hotkey for elements (I dont mind clicking them), i mean how hard could it be ?.

it was attempted to be implemented but it caused various bugs. therefore it remained hotkeys only for pure essence and interest rate increase.

I agree with the op, I'd like to have hotkeys too. To bad it's so hard to implement. :(

karawasa didn't get the hotkeys to work.. and i think it resulted in some summoning bugs or the case where the elemental appears in the area giving the player the element when the elemental is leaked.. if the elemental is leaked multiple times, the elemental appears that many times in the area..

Quite simply there is a WC3 bug that prevents elementals from having hotkeys. Units added to a structure to be sold via triggers cannot be hotkeyed...

Hmm...

In the "real" WC3 story game, we can upgrade weapon/armor on the blacksmith/hunter hall/graveyard/forgery while using the same hotkey, right..?

I think this is actually possible, but then again, I can't really complain, because I can't help at programming at all...

Guest Jacob

Ok so you cant put hotkeys to the elements, but... you might be able to create a trigger for it.

Event: Player presses the 'W' key,

Condition

Action: Issue upgrade order for research center Element_water.

Create unit WaterLvl1 at region SpawnArea.

Or anything like that.

Quite simply there is a WC3 bug that prevents elementals from having hotkeys. Units added to a structure to be sold via triggers cannot be hotkeyed...

(I hope I know what I'm talking about :( )

What you're saying is that the summoning center sells dummy "units", which are added to the summoning center "via Neutral Building - Add Unit-Type". And after a level 1 elemental is sold, it is immediately removed from the summoning center and the level 2 elemental is added.

I was thinking you would just have dummy "research" in the manner of blacksmith/war mill/graveyard/hunters hall. And the hotkeys work for that. (I believe there would have to be a nonzero research time, but that's a small price to pay.)

Ok so you cant put hotkeys to the elements, but... you might be able to create a trigger for it.

Condition

Or anything like that.

Afaik there isn't such an event.

But the elementals could be a technology and a trigger like that:

Event: Player researches Elemental123
Condition: not ((in SM and wave 15) or (in XSM and wave 30))
Action: Create unit Elemental123 at region Start

There is only one bug... You can build the elemental towers before you killed it - I am sure there is a workaround for that.

Guest Engr.O

Like in DotA (but I'm not promoting it here. I'm just comparing it). Almost mouse-move, click, ... has corresponding shortcuts for quick access on each command. So, whenever I summon anything in elemental summoning center there's no need to mouse-over my mouse and click it in which consumes time to do it. Therefore, I suggest the shortcut key in "numpad". Likewise in using item while controlling your hero(es), unit(s), etc. Hoping you will consider this. Pls. support. ty

If you consider this, it would great help not just for myself but to all of us. Making this game more fun and more gamers of eletd.

Sorry for my poor english. Hope you will understand.

I'm looking forward on this. Thank you for your consideration.

P.S. I have a sample picture for this enable to be explained well of what I mean but I wasn't able to attach because the system says "expected to be attach bmp file & yet you gave jpg type" & I tried bmp & still doesn't accept it. This would result another problem to me. Somebody help me how.

Sincerely yours,

that happens if you paint soumething in paint, and name it something.jpg but have output type bmp selected.

And as for the post, I am not entirely sure about what you mean. we do have hotkeys for everything to build and everything you build and everything you upgrde. as mentioned summoning elementals cause bugs. hotkeys for selecting builder/summoning center/special tower/ or any other structure/unit are set by player ingame via ctrl+1/2/3.../9.

Edit in the light of DDRKirby's post: you are right kirby, i messed ctrl and shift up^^ now replaced shift with ctrl.

Guest Jacob

Condition

Or anything like that.

Afaik there isn't such an event.

But the elementals could be a technology and a trigger like that:

Event: Player researches Elemental123
Condition: not ((in SM and wave 15) or (in XSM and wave 30))
Action: Create unit Elemental123 at region Start

There is only one bug... You can build the elemental towers before you killed it - I am sure there is a workaround for that.

You have key-press event's in the map editor, maybe not for all keys... maybe you first have to add a variable with a certain key type... but im hellouda sure pretty much everything is possible.

If its not possible you could still...

Event: Player writes a message with exact match "-F"

Action: Issue upgrade order for elemental research center for triggering player. ( Fire Element )

Like the commands you have in dota.

Nope...

Sign in to follow this