EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Caphalor

load screen on version 3.0

Guest Caphalor

hey there^^ thats the situation^^ my friend and me played version 3.0 today ^^ and i love the load screen in this version =) i also talked with cisz and he said that i must request it here from karawasa =) so my question is: can i have the pic for wallpaper please =D^^?

Shame you didn't ask yesterday. I have just formatted my computor and no longer have the picture as wallpapper. :( But Karawasa should have it.

The problem here is that karawasa removed the picture from his site.

Did he do so because he does think it's not ok to have that gfx available anymore?

Or did he just mess up? :P

Darkness should be just that, dark, and some spiderweb-like effect really wouldnt harm.

It feel so much gray, and every darkness icon and darkness text is purple. Just a little bit purple. But it feels to close to white should be purple and maybe a bit darker.

You cannot make it any darker now, you wouldn't see it, but if you add a bit purple you could make it a bit darker and it is more compitabel with icons and text.

yeah, either that or have darkness and light be on opposite ends (i.e. shift the spectrum by one). The main problem isn't just the lack of color, it's the imbalance of color, before you added the purple tinge you had a bunch of colors on the right and then just white and black on the left, it wasn't balanced.

Yay, it looks pretty cool now.

BTW is this what you meant kirby?

Original:

Light -> Darkness -> Water -> Fire -> Nature -> Earth

Changed:

Darkness -> Water -> Fire -> Nature -> Earth -> Light

Here is the changed loadscreen by me.

I also made water a bit bluer and darker :P

And added more light to both sides.

Edit: Oh, right I didn't fix the text.

elementtd 3.jpg

Traditionally the order starts with l, because ldwf is the strongest build in 3.0.

meh, someone allready complained about L and D beeing next to each other and this was the only way to solve that :)

I say good work 13est, cause i like this loadscreen if K doesn't have a special plan for the loadingscreen..

Traditionally the order starts with l, because ldwf is the strongest build in 3.0.

this is 4.0 and as we've said we should put away any 3.0 mindsets.. personally i like 13est's design.. it appears that karawasa will be keeping that loadscreen.. unless a new one like snapshots of in-game pics/acknowlegements/credits/tips on the new loadscreen?

@13est, yes, this is what i meant.

however i think with the purple hue on darkness it doesn't matter so much.

white still looks a little too brilliant, and earth a little too dull, but that -is- the nature of those two elements anyways...

Well I kinda knew that he would not use my reedit.

But 1 question, what do you think about the water if you can notice anychange.

I made it more bluer.

Better / Worse / Can't se any change

BTW: Please keep in mind that ths gfx belongs to kinew. All changes and further use needs his aproval. In fact, I'd rather see him doing any changes, he has the "raw" version of this screen and knows a lot more about design than I do.

Agreed. But I don't know him. :P Karawasa does I hope.

This were just merely a test version. Not going to be used in tha game...

In 4.0 LDWF will continue to be a strong build. This build has a legendary status in the map because of its past, even though it will not be imbalanced in 4.0.

BTW: Please keep in mind that ths gfx belongs to kinew. All changes and further use needs his aproval. In fact, I'd rather see him doing any changes, he has the "raw" version of this screen and knows a lot more about design than I do.

I have tried contacting him several times on different mediums. He has disappeared off of the internet far as I can tell.

As such, need takes precedent over formality.

This were just merely a test version. Not going to be used in tha game...

The most recent one I posted(purple darkness) will be the loading screen used for 4.0. One of the reasons I want to keep the order as is, is that Water and Fire are the best designed pillars(imo). Having them together in the middle is a powerful draw of your attention.

Also as DDRKirby(ISQ) said, changing darkness to purplish hue solved the color problems.

Guest Vigi-

Just my two cents.

I haven't touched the Loadscreen picture but from looking at it from an artists POV, it looks dull.

http://www.eletd.com/forum/download/file.php?id=196&mode=view

Each column has its own colors but they basically stay within a certain level of variance. The values aren't pushed enough and they just look flat and dull. They don't pop out at you.

The only things visually interesting is the middle circles of each column (the dark is a little too purple, pushing the white highlights and black in it will make it more appealing and "dark")

Same with brown.

Maybe I'm just getting a little too carried away but it's how I feel.

Sign in to follow this