EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
jolin012

[New Mode] Mini Game Mode

Mini Game mode is Selected. Everything will be the same for everyone:

A difficulty is selected.

A wave is randomed and a 60 second(or other) timer starts ticking down until the creep wave is unleashed.

random eles are spawned and autokilled.

An amount of money is given to each player dependant on level being spawned.

Points awarded to players for beeing fastest/leaking fewest.

0% gold return (no relocation). gold resets and new gold given for next wave anyway).

after like 10 waves - most points win.

This is a sort of mini game - and very good training for players.

Sounds fun for a short game ..

the only difficulty is deciding the gold for each wave.. something like deciding the gold for short and extra short modes..

The funny bit is, that no, we don't have to assign proper gold values. You don't have to win the wave, you just need to be better than the others. ;)

This is an interesting idea. Along with improving the competitive balance of the game post 4.0, my other main ambition is to introduce new modes that are unique. I won't hijack this thread explaining why, instead I will just say that brainstorms like this (i.e. related to modes) are appreciated after balance (main priority, always).

I imagine this as a series of minigames with a reset after every level, but keeping some or all towers is ofc also possible. For example "your wave is over, pick one tower you want to keep".

Guest DevouringOne

This is very good idea. I can't wait to see this in action.

# 1. The normal flow of gameplay is completely ignored. Each player still plays in his area.

# 2. When this mode is selected the only option is difficulty, and everyone must be on the same.

# 3. There are a variety of games to be had. I suppose it would be random, with options of playing only specific types perhaps. The game would be chosen, explained, and 60 seconds of preparation time.

# 4. After game is done, winner gets point. Everything reset in terms of area and resources. Keep going. At end most points wins.

# 5. Games include;

* rampage - has varying levels of resources granted but the idea is to kill as much as possible with leaks not counting and waves not ending

* vip - you basically have a slow moving unit that you protect by building towers that attack creeps that somehow (drop in, fly in, teleport in etc.) appear and try and kill it, multiple levels where more than one and minimum survival required, and some where it's just one that must survive etc.

* turtle - finish the wave slowest but don't leak or only leak a certain amount

* rabbit - finish the wave fastest

* selection - the wave has different creeps in it and there is no way to kill them all, leaks don't count and disappear, they are worth different amount of points, so you want to be selective in what you kill as you get one shot

Let's brainstorm more games for SC2!

* rampage - has varying levels of resources granted but the idea is to kill as much as possible with leaks not counting and waves not ending

* vip - you basically have a slow moving unit that you protect by building towers that attack creeps that somehow (drop in, fly in, teleport in etc.) appear and try and kill it, multiple levels where more than one and minimum survival required, and some where it's just one that must survive etc.

I do like the rampage idea could somewhat be used in "challanges" E.G

*Of course the units and mineral numbers such is just for example ;)*

Kill 20 Marine's using any combo of any element towers with just 2000 minerals

Kill 30 Marine's using only darkness and fire towers and 3000 minerals

So on and so forth with the combos of elements and mineral costs

Easy/Medium/Hard modes could also be put in to this by lowering the amount of minerals you get for the challenge (3000 for easy 2500 for medium and 2000 for hard and whatnot)

-----------

VIP seems interesting but i don't know how it could be done with the current Eletd layout it may need a separate area that's cutoff from the map (but that's doable easier now i believe right?).

If i guess it were somehow to be used in the current map i could see the enemy units coming from the end of the maze (where you would normally leak from) and your "VIP" coming from the start of the maze but so players don't just build at the end of the maze randomly units will drop from the sky (Like the Terran Mole from the upgraded command center in melee maps) randomly in the maze.

Well that's all i got for now. What ya guys think?

VIP seems interesting but i don't know how it could be done with the current Eletd layout it may need a separate area that's cutoff from the map (but that's doable easier now i believe right?).

If i guess it were somehow to be used in the current map i could see the enemy units coming from the end of the maze (where you would normally leak from) and your "VIP" coming from the start of the maze but so players don't just build at the end of the maze randomly units will drop from the sky (Like the Terran Mole from the upgraded command center in melee maps) randomly in the maze.

Well that's all i got for now. What ya guys think?

Aye, you could use change the "playable" map size with in a map to only include portions, best example of this I know atm are some missions in the campaign(won't give away spoilers) or I read somewhere that blizzard mention the capability to link maps together for custom campaings. This being said it should be possible to load different maps from inside the original map, though I think players would get a little annoyed by this.

EDIT: Thought of another mini game mode, but didn't want to double post so here it goes:

Maze runner:

In this mode you are given a certain type of creep to run the length of the maze. There are random tower spawn in random locations of different types. You recieve x amount of points for being the fastest and maybe award bonus points to the player with the most health left.

There are two ways I see to make this more possible:

#1 you give the creep abilities like invulnerablity, dash,maybe a timed invisiblity, and emergency heal(usable only once)

#2 you make it so that towers are targetting a specific point in the maze and periodicly attack those points, so the player has to dodge the projectiles, while also trying to make it through the maze before oposing players.

Now, isn't that really similar to Skibi TD?

Or ryoko td.

Eh Idk about ryoko td, but I was thinking more along the lines of original SC bound maps. where you had to dodge damage sources to make it to the end.

Sign in to follow this