EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
dvdlesher

Powerful towers

Here's some tower I tried to mass the map (look at the replay's filename) with, and works pretty well.

All played on VH, and usually focused tower for replay is accompanied with foundry/waterfall and some other towers as well

IMO, these towers need modification (most likely nerf)

Please watch these replays as subject of consideration before nerfing in-replay towers

Beta17b_SuperFlamespewing.w3g

Beta17b_Hydro Imba.w3g

Beta17b_Enchantment Power.w3g

Beta17b_130Lifes.w3g

Life tower doesn't impress me. Try that in multiplayer, and you'll die. ;)

I agree on Enchantment beeing too strong, and you even combined them with the overly strong quaker. I'm surprissed you leaked so much.

Hydro - Excellent example replay. I didn't think it's that strong.

perhaps we shall make all support triples 6k dmg instead. that depends where the other tower types land and is an issue for macro balance. as soon as all within groups are balanced it should be an easy trick to balance the groups.

And the flamethrower one is really convincing too.

Question: Is this possible with all damage tripples, because the towers are too strong / creeps are too weak right now? Or is this really a tower ballance issue.

Edit - How about impulse? (And it's 14 leaks only.)

1593 Etd(4b17b vh) impulse well 16 leak.w3g

or zealout. no leak except some experimenting at lvl 55.

I'd say flamethrower and zealout and impulse are not nessesarily overpowered. either the group of towers dmg triples, is too strong. or the game is too easy. let's first micro balance da triples. then balance the group in macro balance.

beta 17b zealouts.w3g

About impulse tower:

Watch Kirby's replay on 2nd forum draft, he did noleak with impulse (and some tidal as well)

Btw, I think we'll be killed if we use mass impulse on multiplayer game. We'll be rushed first by other player (IMO)

About impulse tower:

Watch Kirby's replay on 2nd forum draft, he did noleak with impulse (and some tidal as well)

but tidal "felt" a lot more powerful. esp tsunami.

granted, one-shot bursts naturally feel more powerful than long range over time, but...

Impulse really isn't that strong now. I'd say it needs a buff. Just compare to jolins zealot build, and he doesnt even have dark dmg.

Jolin's zealot build? You mean the 3rd forum draft replays?

if i'm not wrong, #3 had zealot removed.

single element towers, damage duals, support duals, damage triples, support triples, pures and periodics as the groups.

it is possible actually that all damage triples or any other group are overpowered with respect to the creep hp as previously discussed. mostly the more familiar and frequently used towers have been tested and replay in this thread. so which damage triple is actually balanced now?

the strategy now is to micro balance each group to the same level without considering the strength of another group and the overall game. if all towers kill too fast it can be disregarded at this point.

after that, macro balance the groups to each other without considering the creep hp. all towers in the group can be buffed or nerfed by an equal percentage.

then finally balance the overall tower balance to the creep hp. can be done by adjusting the overall tower balance, changing the creep hp growth rate, buff healing, fast, mechanical..

support towers should be support. they should not be main damage sources.. basically, players should not be able to complete the game with support towers as damage sources. the game can be completed with only damage towers. building support towers with the damage towers makes it easier to complete. there should always be more damage towers than support towers in play in almost all builds and games..

hm.. think i'm off-topic now.. this should go into build project instead..

the strategy now is to micro balance each group to the same level without considering the strength of another group and the overall game. if all towers kill too fast it can be disregarded at this point.

after that, macro balance the groups to each other without considering the creep hp. all towers in the group can be buffed or nerfed by an equal percentage.

then finally balance the overall tower balance to the creep hp. can be done by adjusting the overall tower balance, changing the creep hp growth rate, buff healing, fast, mechanical..

Just quoting this for emphasis, as it nicely sums things up.

support towers should be support. they should not be main damage sources.. basically, players should not be able to complete the game with support towers as damage sources. the game can be completed with only damage towers. building support towers with the damage towers makes it easier to complete. there should always be more damage towers than support towers in play in almost all builds and games..

Totally agree :D. I can't understand why the supporders deal that much damage...

Sign in to follow this