EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Califax

Element TD and Custom Game Pass

Before I continue, read this http://blog.dota2.com/2016/03/supporting-custom-game-developers/

So yeah.. Just wanna hear your thoughts on EleTD and (upcoming custom game pass for it, am I right?) and how it will effect the current donating system..

Also I wanna hear some ideas what that game pass could give?

• Maybe re-think some of the current EleTD's donation tiers and for example give custom wisp builder to game pass owners?
  • Or go crazy and make like 2vs2 PVP mode without leaderboards?
Edited by Califax

It is interesting news and a welcome development from Valve. We don't know yet if we'll get game pass support but we certainly hope for it. If we do, here is what we have planned;

• Custom Builders. We will add a panel where you can change your builder. There will be 4 additional builders to start off with. We'll then add 2-4 every couple of weeks.
  • Voting Tiebreaker. Your vote will have 1.5x weight.
  • Player Profile/Friend Rankings. Detailed information on games that you have played. Ability to see how your friends rank on the leaderboard.

This will not affect the current donation system. Pass holders will not get donation perks. But donors will get pass perks. That means Datastar Wisp and Custom Builders remain donor only.

bought it, pretty cool but it doesn't seem to update immediately after the games finish, maybe its me...

In what way does it not update?

Ranks are calculated every 5 mins due to the large amount of data it has to analyse and order. Every thing else such as match history and stats should be instant.

not sure I would have to look at it more to make sure its actually doing this, I just noticed it wasnt changing from game to game when I was checking it out.

woooooo got it.  you guys are doing a wonderful job with an amazing game.  this has been my fav td since wc3 days.  i'm so excited about all the development.  

Edited by Iser

Thanks, glad to know you like it! We're working on bringing more content soon instead of just constant balance patches. Look forward to co-op mode!

Sign in to follow this