EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

[Tower] Jinx 2.0

This idea was inspired both by a forum post and DotA. The ability would have two effects:

1. Create a short range immolation effect on the target that damages other nearby creeps.

2. Move all creeps in X AoE to the point of the target. Thus, some creeps will get "pulled" forward and some "pulled" backward. I use the quotes since it would be instant.

This tower essentially is its own combo. However, it also has great synergy with AoE damage dealers.

Hehe, this is basicly dark seer with it's 2 spells.

At first I thought the idea might not be so good, but it is better to try it out.

And is it no good then we can change it.

Other possibilitys is a flamestriking tower with 100% chance to cast flamestrike.

Like the one in my TD.

A some kind of pheinix tower that uses pheinix fire (the attack used in all battleships)

It will shoot at random creeps in an area.

the first one feels a bit like kindle's effect..

2nd idea could be implemented.. i rememeber seeing it or some variation of it somewhere in the forums before as you mentioned. or i remember a version that created a 'space' as some creeps will be sent back and others forward on the path..

give the concept a try and see how it turns out..

oh, the second idea wouldn't that make splash around 15 times as strong?:s and once they're all put together in one small ring manual targeting could be used to select the creep in the back to move all backwards.

And I think immolation is not something we need.

I don't uderstand the problem: What's bad with immolation? I think I like that effect for a tower. A short range damage debuff, a bit like poison/ice dot, but with aoe.

About the clumping: First I thought "that's a slow", but after giving it some thought I think it's no problem. Jolin is right though on the clumping. Combined with an aoe slow this will get all creeps in one place, like all into one creeps size. Would it be possible to give a the creeps a size, so they push apart again, without messing up pathing or have clumping all the time? I assume it's not possible, right? :?

Lol, hehe if you want to know how it works try dota xD

But it will not work like immolation it will work like lightning shield.

And I think it will be some kind of blackhole spell.

All creeps will be transported to the center (point of creep)

And about the stacking thing .... I wonder how it would be to have 5 of theese towers all focusing the same creep...... hm...... suddenly slapps my face, it would be the ultra mega clump spell.

Some splash and ther'e all dead.

Maeldict and some fire...

what about keeping the current jinx, but instead of warping back one creep as it is now, warp a few creeps in a small aoe back? delay would be 2.5/5 with increase in damage when warped back.

Warp back is a disable/stun and support (also known as slow). And jinx is on a damage slot.

If it is black holed to the middle creep wouldn't that mean that it only works 1 time if it is attack the same creep?

But it might be nice whit the immolation idea. (lightning shield)

Warp back is a disable/stun and support (also known as slow). And jinx is on a damage slot.

Is the ability so black and white(i.e. is it really on par with slows/armor redux etc.)? Additionally, it is a % chance so that is something to consider.

I like the idea of reworking the tower but keeping the principle. I should note that the current plan for this tower has been axed. The DoT in an AoE (lightning shield) idea most likely will go to Flame Tower as a standalone ability. The vacuum thing will probably just go away as it has too many problems(can really mess with a wave if you have multiples, buffs AoE damage which is last thing we need etc.).

Is the ability so black and white(i.e. is it really on par with slows/armor redux etc.)? Additionally, it is a % chance so that is something to consider.

I like the idea of reworking the tower but keeping the principle

Imo, (which you prolly allready expected) it IS a Support tower in a Damgetower slot, like cisz sais, nomattter what % you give it.

Orbit - Taken from post to emjlr3 to code it

An orb circles the tower, damaging units it collides with. It would be allowed to move closer or further away at some rate, and should naturally circle around faster if contracted more. The ability could be a passive, and two abilities used to expand or contract the orb. Damage should be triggered so the damage type can be controlled.

Upon thinking about it I think there should be two orbs, and they would be opposite each other (in terms of the circular path) at all times. The circular path should be adjustable between 250 and 750 radius, perhaps in increments of 50.

As noted I sold myself on the idea so much that I already have it posted to be coded. However, if there is some critical problem preventing this ability from being a good idea, let me know.

I like it. It's totally non support, and, depending on the orb choses, can be really beautiful.

How would this stack with well?? You were going to trigger the damage so blacksmith should work, right?

But will you trigger so well deals extra damage also? or can you trigger so the attack will attack faster or something.

almost like a kindle/nova type damage. but NOT!

I love the tower placement options (more like dillemmas) this will introduce.

neato~, but yes, address the well issue...

This tower really sounds lovely:D, and can be really beautiful aswell :) . I love it, and your attitude K

As noted I sold myself on the idea so much that I already have it posted to be coded. However, if there is some critical problem preventing this ability from being a good idea, let me know.

Sign in to follow this