EleTD.com

I am racking my brain how anyone is getting above 250K on the Leaderboard this patch or frankly any patch since 1.2 without cheating could someone explain?

and if this in fact is the reason why people are getting this high can we start temp banning accounts from the leader board so you can even figure out strategies that are working for this patch?

Edited by DBX_5

On 4/5/2016 at 11:50 PM, Noya said:

@Kpop fangay aka TXE has just recently achieved top1 with Flame towers, hats off to him!

https://hatinacat.com/leaderboard/matches/2275334731

I'm sure its more of the fact that Flame towers are insanely strong right now for speed builds. Its only real weakness is Water + Haste on a bad level which is kinda countered by having Velocity towers to counter that.

Ahh I knew I shouldn't listened to the latest comments of "Flame towers are underpowered". Ah well, lol. Yeah, I regularly pull off 250k+ score just by playing Insane difficulty. Now, getting 500k+, THAT'S pretty difficult.

@topic: i am sure that i do not have figuered out a perfect strat for this patch yet (2 games played), still i was placed rank 9 when i did my 2nd game (now down to 22). It has nothing to do with cheating, just with generally knowing tower defense games and thinking ahead a view steps (waves).

@ underpowered towers: i would say Razor aka Monsoon/Windstrorm needs a /unsuck. Only thing it is good for is stacking creeps.

I see the problem now, I was under valuing flame towers Since the last patch I found them very underwhelming and didnt see any change to them this patch so I figured it was the same.

22 hours ago, WindStrike said:

Ahh I knew I shouldn't listened to the latest comments of "Flame towers are underpowered". Ah well, lol. Yeah, I regularly pull off 250k+ score just by playing Insane difficulty. Now, getting 500k+, THAT'S pretty difficult.

They're not the end all be all of towers but out of every single dual element tower choice i'm sure they have the best damage output for spawn camping due to how they work. Right now they're cheaper and stronger than the flooding/drowning tower and it will probably stay that way since the only thing they fall behind in is attack range which isn't really a problem when they do roughly 4x more damage while costing 850 gold less.

5 hours ago, DBX_5 said:

I see the problem now, I was under valuing flame towers Since the last patch I found them very underwhelming and didnt see any change to them this patch so I figured it was the same.

Its more about placement and also changing targeting constantly which makes these towers strong and cost efficient. Each hit does 6x the damage they actually have and 5x damage to creeps around the target, so if you hit each creep once or twice with each of your flame towers the damage all adds up and melts full waves with ease.