EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Java based IRC now on the site!

That's right, you can now access the IRC channel with just a click. Go to the site (http://www.eletd.com) and on the side menu you will see "Join The Chat Channel." Click it, and you will be able to join the channel via web interface.

Hopefully this encourages random visitors to chat.

I can't reach the eletd channel, I tried chatzilla, the jawa client and trillian. Does anybody else have this problem, or is the problem on my side? :?

After several hours I finally got in, and yesterday it was hard to connect too.

I think I solved my problem.

Appears I got infected with some sort of malware, and part of what it did was change the way the irc.gamesurge.net was resolved to an IP. I don't know exactly how this was done, but I think it might have manipulated the dns cache (yes, there is a dns cache). Now that I killed the malware with some proper sacnning and waited a while, all seems to be back to normal. (The dns cache seems to have expiring dates for all entries, so getting rid of a bad one can be done by flushing the cache or by waiting.)

btw:

You can clear the dns-cache with `ipconfig /flushdns` too. (That somthimes sloves very strange problems...)

Google: clear dns cache has got lots of sites :P

Just when I found out about "ipconfig /flushdns", the problem had disapeared. :)

Sign in to follow this