EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Ghan_04

Hey! I Want to Play Again!

But I have to leave the game and create a whole new one.

Boring.

Has the idea been considered to create a reset function instead of immediately declaring that you won/lost and exiting?

This would be only for single player, obviously....

I think it's a good idea to be considered, as well as shuffling the position of the players if you restart, it's just a bit early, we should reconsider this idea later on.

Guest Sancdar

If you only want it for single-player, just play offline and use the restart button that comes up automatically when the game ends.

It doesn't make much sense for multi-player, because most people don't want to wait around for the game to end after they lose.

Guest FusionSlayer

what if u could restart at any point. say ur the last one left and ur host and u know ur gonna win why not just restart? i would.

Guest LightningLord

Most people seem to be unaware that there are multiple rounds, they still leave after round 1 because of unability to read hints.

Guest Sancdar

Uh...what? I don't think that's ever been a reason to leave after the first level. If you don't like the map style or did terribly or the host forces a mode that isn't fun for you, you've got a more likely reason to leave. I'm pretty sure even people who don't own computers would understand that the game is going to be more than 60 seconds long.

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding you and there secretly is a rematch function?

Guest 1mpulse

or maybe , if the game DID restart, they would leave before hand cause they did not read that the map would start again

The rmk-idea is quite good. As for premature leavers i think i know a solution.

Imagine that each player that dies has the choice to vote if he wants a remake or not. A dialog box i.ex. No=Die and Leave, Yes=Wait

Now, as soon as only 1 player is still alive, the only survivor can choose:

1) Leave, which restarts the game for all other players that voted Yes

2) Finish his game and revote

3) Restart with all players that voted a remake

I know lot of players that finish the game as soon as they are the only survivor, and it would surely be nice to restart with 1 or 2 good players instead of recreating the whole game.

With a dialog box everybody would know that it is possible to rmk and you can let other ppl know that you are interested in rmk. Like showing his vote on the multiboard; in ex.:

Player 1 (playing)

Player 2/scooled (no rmk, just watching)

Player 3/waiting for rmk

Quit

Player 5/waiting for rmk

Quit

Player 7 (playing)

Player 8/scooled (no rmk, just watching)

Guest LightningLord

What I meant is that after the first game (When Ronald prevailed on the last player) people mostly leave because they don't know that there's a rmk. -.-

LightningLord, there is no rmk function right now. We are talking about implementing it. That's why we are wondering about your comments, I suppose then you would agree to a remake function, would you?

And what I am suggesting is that players get on death a dialog box to vote if they are interested in a auto-rmk or not, in which case they can stay and watch or just leave.

This would at least prevent ppl from leave right away as it substracts a bit the "game over" effect, being both, informative to you (that the game has not fully ended for you) and to others (collecting a vote to let others know your intention to stay / leave).

And it is a multiplayer feature more then a solo feature, If you find 2 good players on a public game you can ask them to stay. Besides, I doubt this feature would bother anyone, only benefits in sight range.

those who have played enfos MT edition (at least) would know that in that game, all remaining players start a new round (rematch) in 25seconds after one side wins. probably could do the same here where all remaining players would just start the next round after a timer, then add an option to be obs/player.

Those of you that have played a game of eletd will know that it lasts about 30-80 minutes if anyone plays till ronald. That's allready too long. And schooled players usually leave, so there will be noone to play again but the host and about 1 more player.

I'd say if we implement such a feature and it gets actually used, it will lead to hosts playing with only one other player.

We should encourage shorter games and frequent rehosting, to allow many players to find a game.

(drum roll)

................................................................................

.................................................................................

.................................................................................

Introducing... SHORT MODE!

A new mode where players start with 1000 gold, 3 lumber and at wave 16.

^^LOL

this forum is running crazy...

Actually, what Cisz says about the amount of played games is a reason of weight, I didn't thought about it this way but it seems logical that it would harm more ocasional players and benefit the advanced ones.

Still, Short+Multiplayer ends up in a 30 min. game, surely not 80 min. (unless you agree with everybody to stall 1 hour, oc). I think the impact on hosted VE or N games will not be that big, probably even not worth mentioning as they are not likely to use the feature; but it is possible that there will be less VH hosted games. But good players know anyway to host and will host themselfs if theydont find public games hosted by others, so, I think the risk is not that big and a try worth.

Sign in to follow this