EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Chiquihuite

[Focused Testing] Obliteration Tower (DLN)

We've made some changes to the way Obliteration tower works in this update and now we want to get your thoughts on it. All you have to do is play at least one game of EleTD 0.1 and make use of the Obliteration Tower (and its upgrade) during the game. Once that's done, post your thoughts here in roughly the following format-

1. What wave did you begin using it on?

2. Did you feel like you had a clear understanding of how it works? If not, what about it was confusing?

3. How do you feel about the manual-click reload option? Do you think it makes the tower more fun or less fun?

4. How do you feel about towers with clickable abilities in general? Have you ever used one (in any TD) that really stood out to you as good? What made it enjoyable?

5. Is there anything you didn't like about it? If so, what would you do differently?

Beyond that. Feel free to contribute any other thoughts, screenshots, replays, or anything else you want to share. We want to make sure every one of our towers adds something meaningful to the game and your feedback will be a major part of achieving that goal before release :)

I just ran through a few different levels with the level and max commands.

2. Did you feel like you had a clear understanding of how it works? If not, what about it was confusing?

Not after just one read of the tooltip, it's confusing because you can't reload manually every time and that's what i expected.

3. How do you feel about the manual-click reload option? Do you think it makes the tower more fun or less fun?

Less, it's more like a distraction from your normal building, selling, upgrading.

4. How do you feel about towers with clickable abilities in general? Have you ever used one (in any TD) that really stood out to you as good? What made it enjoyable?

I feel they distract from the game most of the time. Abilities that change the dynamic of the tower, like the old radius tower, or old vapor tower, were ok because they didn't warrant constant attention but just changed how the tower acted.

5. Is there anything you didn't like about it? If so, what would you do differently?

Disabling auto-reload is absolutely detrimental you shouldn't be allowed to do it. XD

They're towers not units, they are what the are, and they're efficiency should be based on where they're placed in conjunction with other towers and the element, not on the users ability to micro efficiently.

Yes I did

I didn't use it after about 3 levels of using it because its anoying to press the same button over and over again. I just accepted the 2 seconds.

I dont like them. I play Tower defenses to chill out. I want to place some towers and watch the creeps die.

If the manual reload Button adds more ammo than the autoreload I would use it more often.

15, right when I got all three elements.

actually... I didn't read. I had read before even here on the forums how it worked, so meh... Will check on it later, though.

I felt like wasting time. Specially because of the 14s of cooldown. I found myself using manually the auto reload, because the cooldown would make me wait more than 4 seconds to manually reload again.

Never used, and I really don't feel like using again. Like my previous answer, feels like a waste of time.

Everything. To make it better, reduce the cooldown to 0 - or something near, so that manual reload is at least more useful. Secondly, hide the autocast button so that it can't be disabled - making the manual reload a matter of "hey, watch it when it gets to 1 ammo!"

I second daJake on the idea of the manual reload addind more ammo than the autoreload. But I also agree with rjg4242 in that I really prefer to just place the tower and watch creeps die. Hero mode, or something that would insert abilities (like some medieval-themed TDs have magics) that aren't tower-dependant are nice. One TD I like that has spells and just got an "expansion" is Cursed Treasure. Not a huge lot of tower types, but still an awesome game.

Alas, another TD I loved from WC3 times was YouTD - looked a lot similar to EleTD in the elements aspect, but added a whole new level - different builders to select, each one giving a different set of "skills" to towers, you could gather XP from session to session with... gosh, I'm ranting too much, I'll keep these to a new topic on "Ideas" =p

16ish

yep

since its ony every 14sec its kinda "i'll do it if i remember, but tower will work without it" - WHICH IS GREAT ^^

clickable options should allow to boost effectivity like <20%, everything else is too much work in that TD esp, since u have a lot more to do on random and other modes.

Annihilation upgrades with the same weapon/damage (BUG!!!)

Beyond that. Feel free to contribute any other thoughts, screenshots, replays, or anything else you want to share. We want to make sure every one of our towers adds something meaningful to the game and your feedback will be a major part of achieving that goal before release :)

need to hide the auto-reload button so one can't disable it

Sign in to follow this