EleTD.com
Nyctrinor

Starcraft II Progress

Hiyo, first time posting here. I was extremely excited to see that Element TD is currently under development for SC2. Myself and online friends are serious World of Warcraft raiders and always play Element TD in our downtime, we even set up a in-guild tournament for Warcraft gold a few months back =P. We were wondering how the progress on the map is going and if there is a release date for the map yet?

If you guys are close to beta testing and need more testers there's a few of us who would love to test for you, we all have Ventrilo and a server we could use for the testing. We all play in the SEA region and live in Australia.

Keep up the awesome work on the best tower defense ever made =P

Thank you for the enthusiasm! I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed this game. I hope the SC2 version brings you as much, if not more, enjoyment.

It is only recently that the team involved in direct development has been settled. We have made some progress but there is quite a bit to go still. There should be something playable by mid to late September. Be forewarned though, I am not the best when it comes to deadlines :P.

Once Blizzard opens up cross region play, I will probably take you up on that offer to beta test.

Sweet, cheers for the quick response. Well I'll be definitely keeping an eye on the forums in weeks to come. Keep up the mad work =P

It probably won't surprise anyone to learn that I've called this off. The reason for this is the abomination that Blizzard produced with SC2. Specifically, BNET 2.0. For those who don't know, the modding community has all but died off due to this. Furthermore, Blizzard has no intention of fixing things anytime soon (melee is their focus). I apologize to all who have been waiting for this version.

With that being said, this is not the last time you will hear about Element Tower Defense. Let's just say that the day will come when ETD is no longer a mod.

So, you are saying, that you are neither developing Wc3 EleTD, nor SC2 EleTD ... but you are developing EleTD? ;)

So, you are saying, that you are neither developing Wc3 EleTD, nor SC2 EleTD ... but you are developing EleTD? ;)

Yup, that is exactly what I am saying.

Well then, I'm looking forward to what may come out of it. Btw, may I ask if you are working alone on it, or do you have a group of people on that project?

the sc2 custom maps are displayed based on a popularity system that ranks maps according to number of games played.

full-length eletd games are close to 60 minutes, xsm around 30 minutes. the number of games played would be much lower than shorter games, which means the map would never reach the first page of the custom games list and would not be played much.

and also no cross-realm, which means players in different regions wouldn't be able to play each other.

Imo Element TD could easy be on the top of the list. Also they are still evolving and changing things (now you can sort by "tug o war" and "tower defence") And I am sure it will work out good/better.

I guess the biggest problem now is for players who wants to play very hard or very easy only. Since that kind of stuff is not fixed yet (but I have seen some sketches on it, just pray that it will be implented)

OOH, OHH!! <raises hand and waves violently> PICK MEE

I'm seriously the biggest eletd fan ever, and have been moving on to SC2 only to find a bunch of horrible td games...How do we sign up for beta testing? Not that I play online much, but I have never ever been beaten in Random mode. I think ele td is the thing I do best in life on a whole.

One time someone asked me what I'm best at, and I first had to describe what war3 was, then war3 custom games, then I had to describe what tower defense was, then ele td...I felt like an elitist nerd, like someone who owns a store which rebuilds 80s arcade machines.

the sc2 custom maps are displayed based on a popularity system that ranks maps according to number of games played.

full-length eletd games are close to 60 minutes, xsm around 30 minutes. the number of games played would be much lower than shorter games, which means the map would never reach the first page of the custom games list and would not be played much.

and also no cross-realm, which means players in different regions wouldn't be able to play each other.

AFAIK, this will be changed and improved at some point in the future. Furthermore, the TD games at the top of the list as it is now SUCK. They really do. Horribly imbalanced, reminding one of greenTD but much less fun and buggy as heck.

EleTD was a Premier custom map in war3...it will become popular absolutely. Even if the system never changes, it could easily gain popularity in other ways such as posting on the forums and competing in those custom map comps they have.

Really and truly there's no other TD I've come across which is as intricate and well balanced as ele and you guys could absolutely blow that category of SC2 custom games out of the water.

any updates on the starcraft 2 version

i can say id be more than happy to drop 10-15 bucks on an eletd game

only thing which would annoy me would be the game download if it was too big

Not only are there td's for iphone, one company that offers one there even copyrighted the use of TD and Tower Defense. Globally. O_o

Hi Karawasa,

i would like to make the german translation for ur starcraft map, if u want me to. Just contact me via MSN or ICQ if u are interested, i only want to support, sure just for free.

msn: [email protected]

Excelent news everyone, chat channels are released. I don't really see a reason to have a channel at this moment. (until the beta is out, or else I will just feel lonely in an empty chat :P)

Anyways, the name of the chat is:

Element TD

i would like to make the german translation for ur starcraft map, if u want me to. Just contact me via MSN or ICQ if u are interested, i only want to support, sure just for free.

Great to hear! I will be in touch. Now that he brought it up, any other languages that would be beneficial to do for EU server? Swedish? What is the distribution of EU players?