EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Twilice

Tower Models?

So have we decided on any particular models for the towers and their attack animation? Or would it be a good idea to brainstorm a few?

doubt the models have been decided.. (apart from custom builders).. might well happen that towers might change elements, abilities and therefore names..

Well, heres what i got off the top of my head. Just using regular models already in the game of course. Theres not much in the line of water towers though.

Edit: updated list.

PossibleTowermodels.xls

I know there is already an idea out for the flesh golem, but if that doesn't take root we can always make him sorta the same but start out as a civilian.

Basic idea:

Starts as civilian/colonits once it gets enough to level up abilities it will change to marine marine then can change to jim raynor or marauder and it can keep going from their up to thor or odin. Just an Idea.

The other from what I read isn't a bad idea but this could give us a visually appealing back up.

No, we certainly can and will. That is just an initial list of models. So feel free to modify it and put in some units you think would be good!

Another update. The upper left is arrow/cannon/periodic. The upper right is single element. The lower left is duals. The lower right is triples. The lower, lower middle is unused models.

Towers.SC2Map

I know there is already an idea out for the flesh golem, but if that doesn't take root we can always make him sorta the same but start out as a civilian.

Basic idea:

Starts as civilian/colonits once it gets enough to level up abilities it will change to marine marine then can change to jim raynor or marauder and it can keep going from their up to thor or odin. Just an Idea.

The other from what I read isn't a bad idea but this could give us a visually appealing back up.

I like this idea. Reminds me of flesh golem kind of.

I was also thinking of a tower to combat nature if there is a nature element. I was thinking some type of bug or bugs that really screw nature over. Like termites, larva(good with zergs), and bugs like that. I am looking at models now, but do we plan on keeping the original elements or new elements?

Well, heres what i got off the top of my head. Just using regular models already in the game of course. Theres not much in the line of water towers though.

Edit: updated list.

PossibleTowermodels.xls

May I suggest that: (T=Terran Z=Zerg P=Protoss)

Raider (T) - gunpowder or at least as upgraded version of gunpowder

Armory (T) - blacksmith higher level

Ghost and specter (T) - darkness and light? or at least high range tower

Diamondback (T) - electricity, probably on higher level, or maybe even laser?

Marine (T) - arrow (or rename to "machinegun tower") :P

Goliath (T) - hail

Siege tank (T) - gunpowder... again

Medivac & live vessel (T) - life?

Psi disruptor (T) - nova

Corruptor or Nydus worm (Z) - root?

Roach (Z) - acid

Colossus (P) - laser

Archon (P) - electricity or quark

Zealot (P) - zealot!

Stalker (P) - laser

Warpgate (P) - oblivion

Void ray (P) - not sure, but could be quark?

Zel'naga artifact - enchantment?

Oh, these unit aren't used yet...

Terran: Vulture, Banshee, BattleCruiser, Wraith, Hercules

Protoss: Sentry, Carrier, Observer, Warp prism, Immortal

Zerg: Sorry, didn't check zerg's unit...

Hopefully this will give some idea :)

Basic idea:

I like this idea. Reminds me of flesh golem kind of.

I thought flesh golem doesn't change model, but grow in size....?

PS: sorry if this long message is useless, it just happened that I have lots of free time today and I didn't see anyone posting more suggestion...

I agree with dvdlesher, we need more units to act as tower models. It's kind of dull to have only buildings when we can use some of the units.

*Artifact should be periodic tower of the elements :P

Okay, tried out zerg just now, but I can't seem to decide which building/unit should be used for... Anyway:

Ultralisk - quaker

Hydralisk - nature? or arrow? or...

Zergling - I actually wanna suggest this as quaker lvl1, but if ultralisk are to be used as quaker lvl2, they look humongously different.... Maybe resizing zergling will do?

Roach - corrosion (I think I mentioned that before)

Infestor - decay...?

Tumor creep - Muck! not sure about attack animation though...

Blue mineral patch - gold lv1?

Gold mineral patch - gold lv2?

Also, I would like to suggest that some tower name probably have to be changed, e.g. voodoo, glacier, drowning

Name may be changed, but the main function remain the same, how about that?

The Spawn Tumor animation. Make it play on attack and it'll look like it's spouting muck out.

@Sevion: what do you mean?

I think we still need lots of potential model... especially for the single element tower

@Sevion: what do you mean?

I think we still need lots of potential model... especially for the single element tower

Make the tower model a Creep Tumor. And the attack animation Spawn Tumor. (Play Zerg and when you get a Queen (Spawning Pool First), use the Spawn Tumor spell and the tumor is the model, once you can, use the spawn tumor AGAIN (On the Tumor!!!) and it'll spew creep out at the specified location and change colors. Play the animation at -100% speed (backwards) and it goes back to original color to specify it's ready to attack again!)

Okay, tried out zerg just now, but I can't seem to decide which building/unit should be used for... Anyway:

Ultralisk - quaker

Hydralisk - nature? or arrow? or...

Zergling - I actually wanna suggest this as quaker lvl1, but if ultralisk are to be used as quaker lvl2, they look humongously different.... Maybe resizing zergling will do?

Roach - corrosion (I think I mentioned that before)

Infestor - decay...?

Blue mineral patch - gold lv1?

Gold mineral patch - gold lv2?

Also, I would like to suggest that some tower name probably have to be changed, e.g. voodoo, glacier, drowning

Name may be changed, but the main function remain the same, how about that?

voodoo - This could be renamed to "psionic haunting"(they use alot of psi in this game, so it only makes since that something like a high templar could create an enduring effect on another creature through its power)

glacier - I'm not really to sure about, but we got the statis field from protoss that kinda looks icy :unsure:

drowning - Maybe make a reference to banishing to the void or something like that "The Dark Voice's summons" :P

I also think we should use the larva for something those little catipillers don't get much lovin' ;)

Make the tower model a Creep Tumor. And the attack animation Spawn Tumor. (Play Zerg and when you get a Queen (Spawning Pool First), use the Spawn Tumor spell and the tumor is the model, once you can, use the spawn tumor AGAIN (On the Tumor!!!) and it'll spew creep out at the specified location and change colors. Play the animation at -100% speed (backwards) and it goes back to original color to specify it's ready to attack again!)

I was thinking of having the missle modeled after the spawn creep from the overlord ability. This might look the same as the tumor thing, idk, but it would be easier to manipulate around since the overlord ability is to target point - source meaning it targets the position of the casting unit.

That being said I like the idea of the Aberration:

Sorry couldn't find a smaller picture with the filters at work not allowing me to access blizzard.

voodoo - This could be renamed to "psionic haunting"(they use alot of psi in this game, so it only makes since that something like a high templar could create an enduring effect on another creature through its power)

glacier - I'm not really to sure about, but we got the statis field from protoss that kinda looks icy :unsure:

drowning - Maybe make a reference to banishing to the void or something like that "The Dark Voice's summons" :P

1. If voodoo is to changed into something like 'psionic haunting", those templar are very good candidate, I suppose

2. Glacier... Actually it's wrong, I forgot there is no such thing as glacier anymore, what we have at 4.3 is POLAR. Probably we need something with... magnetism? Magnetism is super closely related to electricity though...

3. What I can get from your description is what I would like to call "black hole", but that ain't drowning anymore....

And yes, but what tower should they be? As far as I can tell, they are very closely related to darkness and nature elemental (some say water)

Okay I'm gonna post tower name that's should be changed.... Keep in mind this is just my opinion, people should go against it if it's wrong

Gold -> Mineral

Enchantment -> Something to do with modern technology that makes you feeling unwell, such as "brown note" (google it) or high frequency sound (we'll just say the sound is not audible because it's outside our hearing range). Anyway, "speaker" tower?

Roots -> IMO it's okay, but maybe should be changed...

Quaker -> Shockwave

Trickery -> Disguiser? Copier?

Magic -> Energy, or something to do with a release of huge amount of something (e.g. for concept: electricity discharge, explosive, tesla coil)

Some unit for tower update

Trickery -> Spy, spectre

Don't go about it in this way. For now, just identify models we can put into the pool. Assigning models and names to towers will come later.

Sign in to follow this