EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Exodus

[4.0] 9 tower builder

In my first public game with the final version every player got 9 (!) tower builder and also 9 Elemental Summoning Centers.

I believe this has something to do with the option, that every player can choose everything himself, because during that time I got my tower builders. There were also heavy performance problems, especially when Elementals died, but I guess this is because of all the Summoning Centers.

Replay attached. You can also see, that I (red) randomed one pure on level 55, but even though I didn't manage to kill it in the first run (yeah, I sucked that game), I got the pure when it went through the portal.

Replay_2009_04_23_1808.w3g

I played 3 games of mixed diff, where the only option I referred was said diff, and no multiple player objects were spawned.

You forced the randomness, so you refered everything else? And activated the extra options (super weapons, extreme)?

Guest Sancdar

I bet this is a result of the quick fix you did for games with no red player, Karawasa :(

I just reproduced it with selecting "players chose" as first choice.

Ill do another test with activating the extra section and letting them vote.

And yes, kara needs to learn a thing or two about untested changes. Now where is a good locat "told you so" for my sig? :P

Edit 01 - heres my replay:

1789 Etd_4 vh rnd_ d builders.w3g

There was lag too, around the ele waves, but usually not before, but after the eles got spawned, maybe when some where killed. Maybe thats because of the special effect all your units and buildings get when you terminate an ele.

Edit 02 - Tested it again single player. When I pick "player chose" or "refer all" or whatever the first option is called, I get an extra worker. I guess it happens when the diff is chosen.

This was ugly. what a great opportunity to fix and release a 4.1 in a few days. 4.1 would also give a fresh name in the games hosted list.

nice bug.. can't view the replay now but can all the extra builders be used? would make for very easy relocating of towers..

quick note.. you get the pure once it's summoned.. build the pure to help you kill kara's essence..

I've seen players spread them all over the map. I didn't check but I'm pretty sure they all work just fine.

nice bug.. can't view the replay now but can all the extra builders be used? would make for very easy relocating of towers..

quick note.. you get the pure once it's summoned.. build the pure to help you kill kara's essence..

Yeah, you can use any of them. And I'm pretty sure I got the pure after Kara's essence finished it's first round. But even if it's true what you said .... what's the point? Why is there a boss, when I don't need to kill it, in order to gain the pure?

yap. maxing LD or WN like morphling sais combined with pures used to be the most simple way to win (when t3 dual support were buffed). now you cannot get pure essences at lvl 35 without leaks.

Ok, this is getting kinda offtopic now, maybe split the topic?

I think you misunderstood my point. I'm not complaining about the boss itself, he's fine. I just wondered why you get the pure, without even killing him, just like it's working with any other elemental boss.

and the game message just says "you have received +1 Pure essence" as if that was that, as in interest picks. and then when you see the boss... you panic and forget that you've already received the essence. the players should get some sort of *hint hint*, that the system is a little different than usual.

Exodus has a point about the essence dude... what's the use of it if you don't have to kill it right away? I mean if you can use pure light to kill it at lvl 3 it doesn't do it's job at preventing early pures. but maybe that's not necessary cause the t3 elementals themselves are wrong in the first place (they hp early should probably be way greater.

Sign in to follow this