EleTD.com
Karawasa

We have a pulse...

Voodoo is very strong if combo'ed with polar/ice age. Although this is emphasized more in the public beta before the nerfs to the amplification %'s and change to polar duration. I have to say that voodoo seems to be a more limited damage amplifier compared to corrosion or enchantment.

Guest Sancdar
Disease is changed to another new tower.

Poison, Kindle, Life buffed

flame changed to a new tower

ice, quark changed to new towers

trickery improved, autocast added

oblivion, Impulse, Tidal remain..

Micro is part of the skill needed to play the game well. These towers are there to encourage players to micro well.

but yes.. the 4.0 will be something to play..

I think Kindle was substantially weakened from 4.0PB. I think it's one of the two or three strongest duals early on there, because it's the only composite damage tower. Now it's much more likely that it's a stopgap water damage until you can upgrade to Windstorm.

I think Kindle was substantially weakened from 4.0PB. I think it's one of the two or three strongest duals early on there, because it's the only composite damage tower. Now it's much more likely that it's a stopgap water damage until you can upgrade to Windstorm.

as far i can remember kindle was fire damage not composite in PB (i could be wrong, lont time dont play PB)

Guest M45T3R

as far i can remember kindle was fire damage not composite in PB (i could be wrong, lont time dont play PB)

You are wrong :P

Guest Darkever00

I forgot to ask... Has the annoying sound of Kindle tower been removed? That's the main reason I hate that one :P

Guest NinoDoko

i think u either dont use voodoo right or i have no idea why it isnt working for you. Combo it with a quaker, corrosion tower, even a periodic, and it will show potential. I often get 20k+ dmgs on one tick from a voodoo (with 2 periodics and corrosion around). Which means WELL over the single strike from periodic :P.

Guest M45T3R
i think u either dont use voodoo right or i have no idea why it isnt working for you. Combo it with a quaker, corrosion tower, even a periodic, and it will show potential. I often get 20k+ dmgs on one tick from a voodoo (with 2 periodics and corrosion around). Which means WELL over the single strike from periodic :P.

A single strike from periodic does around 80K damage with the +50% damage buff, and 160K damage if the creeps are hit with corrosion and incantation, so get your facts straight before blaming me because I'm pretty sure I'm better than you at Eletd.

Master - behave.

Voodoo does a % based bonus dmg, so it only does huge damage if your towers do huge damage. The only known problem here is the polar/vodoo combo. And polar/voodoo share no elements.

Guest Sancdar

Voodoo's got a few issues though, which is why I don't use it very often.

First, it's got double armor penalties, as well as multiplying armor type bonuses. Because it works off damage taken, every creep reduces incoming damage by whatever % (about 50% on VH), and then the Voodoo damage is dropped by that much too. Blacksmith can be used for comparison examples because it also gives a 25% damage boost.

1000 damage tower, 50% reduction on creeps = 500 damage

With Blacksmith, that's 1250/2 = 625 damage (25% boost)

With Voodoo, that's 500 + (500/4)/2 + (562.5/4)/2= 632.8125 damage (~27% boost)

But, Blacksmith is a dual, so it's a third the cost. Three Blacksmith towers can support 12 damage towers. Is being able to amplify other supports worth it for Voodoo?

Armor types matter too, for the same reason. Voodoo amplifies damage better against nature creeps and worse against water and composite. The other support towers don't really have things like this happen. This is especially pertinent on the Ronald wave, which as I recall has composite armor. 75% damage from elemental types and the 50% armor reduction both get compounded, so Voodoo gets the shaft.

Second, it's not as reliable a support as the other towers. Voodoo only works on some creeps at any given time, and it works best if those take damage for the full duration of the effect. Similar damage amplification, like Corrosion, don't decrease in effectiveness depending on when during the effect damage is applied. Tower amplification, like Well and Blacksmith, only waste damage on the kill shot and otherwise remain fully effective at all times. Because Voodoo activates twice, only damage done during the first 2.5 seconds is fully boosted. And like Jinx, some of the effect is wasted if the creep is hurt too much before the final tick. Other supports don't have this problem either.

Third, it's very weak to healing waves. I don't know if it can apply negative damage (healing) or not, but either way it's mostly nullified by healers.

Fourth, it doesn't combo as well with AoE towers as other supports, but because it's AoE it isn't super-strong with ST towers either. 250 AoE is a little small for Periodic, Earth, Quaker, Tidal, Kindle, Roots, Windstorm, and if you count multi-targets, Hail and Electricity.

It's entirely possible that Voodoo is a decent tower, despite being weak to composite waves. Because the effect is so variable, it's impossible to mathcraft it as well as the other supports, and very difficult to confirm its strength through testing.

So yeah, that's why I don't use Voodoo unless I've got money to burn or no other choice.

Guest Sancdar

Yeah, since not everybody talking about the tower in here is a tester.

Guest NinoDoko

voodoo dmg is reduced by armor too?

u just ruined my fav tower... :mrgreen:

anyway, im not saying its the best tower ever, im just saying that it doesnt suck that much... which obviousely is wrong after the armor issue.

Guest M45T3R

Even if voodoo ignored armor it would still be a horrible tower because it would just double the damage to around 40 000 per tick at Ronald stage, which is useless compared to the damage you will be dealing.

Guest Sancdar

Damage amplification is damage amplification. That's like saying that Corrosion/Hydrochloric is useless.

Guest M45T3R

Corrosion increase damage by around 15%, so it's way better than voodoo.

Guest Sancdar

I didn't realize that 15% was more than 25%, that changes everything!

Guest M45T3R
I didn't realize that 15% was more than 25%, that changes everything!

15% of constant damage is way better than one single tick of 25% damage.

Guest Sancdar

Uh...okay.

100 damage twice per second for 5 seconds, 15% constant boost: 230*5=1150

Assuming you miss one hit of Voodoo due to imperfect timing

100 damage twice per second for 5 seconds, 25% tick at 2.5, 25% tick at 5: 400 + 400/4 + 450 + (400+450+400/4)/4 = 1187.5

So assuming that you're missing a hit with voodoo due to the nature of the buff (which actually works the same as corrosion's in terms of timing) and the split comes at a bad time, 25% is still more than 15%.

Maybe you don't understand how Voodoo works, maybe you're trolling, I'm not sure. I don't even remember the actual boost % for Corrosion, since it's variable across difficulty levels. Regardless if you don't think before posting you will just sound silly. :wink:

Guest M45T3R

Only problem in your theory is that corrosion keeps on going, but not voodoo

Guest Sancdar
Spew Acid

Level 1: Spews acid at a target, splashing a powerful acid on units in 250 AoE. Decreases armor by 3; deals 1000 damage per second. Lasts 5 seconds.

Maledict

Level 1: Curses enemy units in 250 AoE. Every 2.5 seconds, cursed units will take damage equal to 25% of the HP they have lost since being cursed. Lasts 5 seconds.

Guest M45T3R

Only 5 seconds? Wow I didn't know that, I always thought and read that it was 15.

Master, apparently you don't understand how that tower works. It only is weakened if you kill creeps early, as in single target build or "wave is too easy". Otherwise it boosts all you damage by 25%, if you know how to place it.