EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest for324

Help for a newbish player!!!!

Guest for324

OK on battle net a friend of mine loves hosting VH, tournament random, Chaos mode. extreme mode. any ideas on how to progress pass 25+ because i keep dying around there....

Hi for324, welcome to the forums. :)

25+ is really good on vhx tr, so if you are not the last player standing, you happen to know some great players. In tournament random, the easiest sollution is: Do what they did. It's a samerandom, so whenever they kill faster, you can learn from them. Save your replays and learn.

Problem might be, you don't understand what they do different. ;)

Got any replays for us, so we can try to give some tips?

yeah, i agree 100% with cisz.

neither are there any exact tips on randommode because it will depend on what you get.

Some main keys to winning:

Place your towers correctly

Farm interest unless you or someone else pushes/races (not in extreme mode though)

Build the correct towers for each level

relocate if necessary

leak the elemental rather than catching it and leaking the entire next wave

Push can be a good trick, (perhaps by being the first who figures what the new element gives) can be hard on extreme mode as it doesn't always work to play faster than area 6/3.

That does most likely not tell much or make much sense cause it all depends on the situation. Random mode you learn by playing it many times and understanding more and more - or - provide us some replays :D

can also be very useful to prebuild for the next wave...

Yes thats a very important part. I always do that because I am a very slow player.

If you've got lots of Earth Towers and in next wave I need lots of Fire Towers; I begin to build before the first wave endet. But to do that you need some money left :)

yes, as they say prebuild is a very nice trick to do the switch easier. if you're gonna use say gunpowdertowers the next wave, build darkness towers, don't worry abou the interest lost, darkness only costs 10% of the final gunpowder. when you sell the others upgrade the darknesses to gun. perhaps even have them darkness 2, if you are on extreme mode. if on very easy noextreme (meaningn 30sec countdown), no such preparation is required.

Guest for324

ok i've had another game since i first posted here it is......

i kinda screwed up at end upgrading the wrong tower ==

and any help on how i could do better in the circumstances is much appreciated.

+i think its the right game, and its patched right ithink

2008-10-11 9_29_39 PM .w3g

Which player are you? - Edit - Nevermind, you are blue. :)

You win, so where is the problem here? :wink:

If I must complain, it would sound something like this: You should use nova on longpass, where is your windstorm, and use more lightning all the time, switching to life or amped nature for earth waves. Learn to relocate for 32, brush your teeth and be nice to old ladies.

That about sums it up I guess. :P

Guest starcrafty

Right now, I random all the time, or same random mostly. Played a couple of extreme mode games so far.

I find that in extreme mode, the emphasis in early game is to be the first to finish the wave. 2nd place is not too shabby, but the trick is to keep the pressure on the competition. Interest ticks would be important to time, but emphasis should be placed on "flooding" your competition. Locations 4,5,7 can be used aggressively.

If you manage to oust all the other players, you can always play slower areas for your own interest ticks, like 2,6, and so on.

Have not met extremely godlike players as yet, but so far this strat has carried me.

Have not met extremely godlike players as yet, but so far this strat has carried me.

rushing is always one of the strategies to win in fullhouse multiplayer..

maybe come northend and challenge the beta leaders... ?

Guest starcrafty

Should be interesting, I know that there are players around with good tower knowledge and micro, which would definately outclass what I have by far.

*Therealjazz@UsEast, UsWest

What accounts do you guys play on?

Guest RelnForce

1.)Place towers (lvl1 towers) around the map when u are microing.

2.)Do not worry about interest rate in extreme mode unless u r very pro.

well this works mostly on public games. Not sure if this will help u but xD gl! but its basically the repeat of what every1 said on top xD. but just focus on 1 thing while playing.

Dont stop building,dont worry about interest rate just rush.

If u like to see a game go on U.s east an pm me on ReLnForce

(i want a match anyways xD)

Sign in to follow this