EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
WordsWorth

VH AR 4 Element Complete

well, theoretically VH AR with 4 elements is easier than VH AP 4 elements assuming identical element orders (which is probably not the case, but...).

wish i could watch replays at work =P

Even though what Kirby says is true, this is a cool achievement :) grats!

(when writing this i haven't seen it yet.)

And you says you can not watch replays at work?

How about creating a folder named "customers" and keeping wc3 installed there? ;)

Watched it now, nice one i must say, although that wasn't an 4ele build too far from perfect:P all the lv 2 eles by lv 40 and then pure earth heh. What i don't understand is your overbuilding between 20 and 40, say, lv 27, 4 guns and a muck. well, maybe you were aiming for a higher speed than I'm used to :)

Yea definitely went for the fast wave kills. Did a lot of unusual mistakes though, such asleaking the shredder level, normally dont do that regardless what elements i random. Also the pure Water was bad, should used earth only. And finally the upgraded zealots, theyre kinda bad without roots or nova, but then again didnt have much else and mortars lost its power that late.

nice i must say.. a pretty good 4-ele build and element order as well.. mortar towers are 'in' now seeing how strong they were/could be in the forum draft replays..

consider a plan to do all 15 4-element builds in -TR? that guarantees a 4-element build of your choice when played in single player..

Mortars Are strong :)

[pre:1e1ayp49]. Dmg/Sec/Gold Range AoE

Mortar 2,7 1500 300

Refined Fire 1,9 500 300

Muck 1,6 900 300

Vulcan 3,4 1500 350

Pure Earth 3,6 700 350

Mire 2,0 900 300[/pre:1e1ayp49]

As you can see, Vulcan is of the same strength as pure earth (a little bit lower in damage but twice the range)

I think the major reason why they've been underestimated is cause it's lower version Gunpowder is a bit weaker and cause 2pass (shortrange) towers micro themselves to spread the damage over the entire lane, while gun tends to begin attacking the creeps up front and therefor only spread half of the AoE it has (ie, when it attacks the first creep in the lane there is no creep infront of that creep to take damage aswell, only behind him).

But for the one Who masters This Tower, It'll be really strong. Sadly, there's not much time left :P I heard it's getting Axed but I, and almost nobody else knows why. if Kara Reads this, please do tell us why. Ok, this is strat section which is usually wrong but it's not a major leak I guess.

pure earth requires 3 picks and essence.. vulcan requires 6 picks.. in builds which support earth and darkness tier3, mortar and vulcan towers are strong towers, often underestimated by many. gunpowder seems weaker but the upgrades are worth it..

the range tends to be not so utilised when main defense is set up at VI V with guns at V apart from being leak catchers.. hence the tower may seem weaker compared to short range towers.. for defenses at III or slower, the range is utilised more.. more so with say corrosion and voodoo.. the guns take advantage of the armour reduction and extra damage throughout the path (after the towers cast their spells)..

agree. @jolin i think the reason for being axed is qualms with long-range towers as a gameplay balance issue.

gunpowder is hardly used because at the point where it's useful you can still be using arrows/cannons. So mortar and vulcan is superior in that regard.

For SR maybe...but gunpowder is one more upgrade than amplified earth, and if you time/position your towers right you shouldn't have to worry about range. It's something i have yet to play around with. Been awhile since i've played any SR actually.

for information, the new gunpowder will retain long range. as far as i know, the longrange concept stays in but may need to be worked on to balance..

instead of just damage, it would have an ability. a projectile hits creep, deals damage, splits into 3, dealing secondary damage (from what i know)..

Sign in to follow this