EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
gruevy

All combinations winnable on Insane?

I've played maybe 20 rounds of insane with light-dark-water, and I can't seem to get past about level 38. I can only make it past 33 with more than like 8 lives if I try to spam the various combo towers, and it's not pretty because their damage is all pathetic.

I'm thinking the balance in this game is kinda shit at this point. I'm not convinced that every combination is winnable on insane, which it really has to be to say it's balanced at all.

1 hour ago, gruevy said:

I'm thinking the balance in this game is kinda shit at this point. I'm not convinced that every combination is winnable on insane, which it really has to be to say it's balanced at all.

You set the bar pretty high there. I don't think balance is as black and white as you make it out to be. If one combination is not winnable on Insane, we should fix that. But it doesn't mean everything else is in shambles. That'd be like saying an FPS's balance is shit because one gun is too weak.

I'll let @WindStrike speak to whether that combo is winnable or not.

PS: I'm very happy to hear that you are getting a lot of playtime out of the app!

It probably doesn't help that Poison was nerfed recently. So we either work with Poison, Ice, and/or Hail. Trickery shouldn't be changed.

Light + Dark + Water is how I pull off the Minimalist Maximus achievement, lol. Rush a Hail Tower in the middle, put a Poison Tower or so on the double-pass to the left of it (well, on Grove), get a Trickery and place it in between 'em. Rush Level 2 Hail, then get Water 3 next so you can get a Water 3 Tower (eventually Water 4), then get Dark 3 to upgrade the Poisons to Level 3, then get Light 3. Twill let ya figure out the rest from there.

FYI, it's far more efficient to upgrade ASAP rather than spam many towers; however, usually running with only a handful for most builds doesn't work early on. This is one of the few builds that can, though the downside is despite its insane damage efficiency throughout the waves, it's not the strongest against the Boss Waves at the end.

Admittedly, this balance of the game does have its flaws, though it's very difficult to fix them due to the structure of the game. It seems most people like the balance, hence why we haven't attempted a redo of the balance structure (which would takes months of testing). In the meantime, twill try to mainly buff the weak towers of the game, nerf the stupidly OP ones, etc.

I have to amend my post. I just beat it on insane with L+D+W. I was doing it wrong--this game is balanced around saving your money for big upgrades, not careful placement of lots of little towers. Got 917000 score, but it didn't upload to the boards. Not sure why, but as to my original comment: Never mind :)

All combinations using 3 or more elements definitely can beat wave 55. Doing so with 0 leaks might be challenging for a handful of 3 element combinations. (i have more than half the builds already recorded on my youtube channel)

Most experienced players fully upgrade a minimal number of towers, accumulating as much interest as possible without giving up too much on clear speed. Planning is essential to maximise elemental strengths and defensive cover for waves with elemental weakness. 

Sign in to follow this