EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
WindStrike

Patch 1.10

This is a relatively quick patch fix to help cover last week's big balance patch. I don't know for sure if the nerf on the endspeed score bonus is enough for Classic, I'm just taking a step, not a leap. Anyhow, here's the notes below!

• General
    • Starting gold on Short Mode increased from 1600 to 1750
    • Elemental Boss Base HP increased from 500 / 2500 / 12500 to 600 / 3000 / 15000
    • Classic Endspeed Formula:
      • Old: ([(45 Minutes / Your Time) - 1] * 1.5) + 1
      • New: (45 Minutes / Your Time)
    • Express score per creep changed from (Wave + 5) to (Wave + 20)
    • Express Endspeed Forumla:
      • Old: ([(20 Minutes / Your Time) - 1] * 1.5) + 1
      • New: ([(20 Minutes / Your Time) - 1] * 0.5) + 1
      • I checked the calculations, Speed > Networth for high scoring still, it's just not as horribly dominant
    • Frogs gain 80 Score each per wave, up from 40 Score
  • Towers
    • Basic
      • Nature damage decreased from 70 / 490 / 3400 / 34000 to 64 / 450 / 3100 / 31000
      • Light ability damage decreased from 3 / 21 / 150 / 1500 to 2 / 14 / 100 / 1000
    • Duals
      • Level 3 Duals gold cost reduced from 4750 to 4250
      • Level 3 Blacksmith / Well / Trickery gold cost increased from 4750 to 6000
      • Level 3 Trickery clone duration increased from 70 seconds to 75 seconds
      • Electricity range reduced from 1150 to 900. Damage increased from 180 / 900 / 4500 to 240 / 1200 / 6000
      • Magic damage increased from 650 / 3250 / 16250 to 700 / 3500 / 17500
    • Triples
      • Flamethrower damage increased from 320 / 1600 to 360 / 1800. Napalm damage increased from 160 / 800 to 240 / 1200. Napalm AoE reduced from 400 / 350
      • Haste damage increased from 1600 / 8000 to 1800 / 9000. Projectile speed increased from 900 to 1000
      • Obliteration AoE range decreased from 150-450 to 150-300. Damage increased from 1200 / 6000 to 1600 / 1800
      • Ephemeral damage decreased from 2000 / 10000 to 1800 / 9000
      • Runic damage increased from 1200 / 6000 to 1300 / 6500

Patch is live!

Puzzled at the support gold increase. Too much of value? (Honestly I should crunch the number's for support value and add it to its net worth.

Also, I guess I can start now.

Gosh I hate you for the nature AND light values change. More math to do.

23 minutes ago, WindStrike said:

I blame the version numbering on Noya, cause technically speaking, 10 is greater than 9, even than 1.9 is greater than 1.1.

That's why people do 1.01 instead of 1.1 :P. Call it 2.0.1, the big patch change.

Going with 1.95, cause it's not that big a patch (at least, by comparison to the next major content release that may be coming next month), but it's also not quite that small. Managed to fix up the last thing I wanted fixed, aka see the new Express Scoring listed in the patch notes above.

Patch will release later today.

Also, look forward to the mobile version, releasing on Android later today as well!

In x.y.z versioning -- y is for major changes, z is for minor changes.

The version shouldn't be some math formula that quantifies the magnitude of changes.

Do users need to do math to figure out how many changes are made when looking at a version number?

y should be mostly about feature additions

z are mostly about balancing.. this should rightfully be 1.9.1.... and 1.9.2 for any other small changes... and then 2.0 once you have some new features in.

Unfortunately not, though with how much people complain Obliteration sucks late-game, I don't think anyone's really going to complain about the immune to vengeance bug.

Regarding the disconnect bug, I'll see if we can prioritize that next for a hotfix.

Although im not an express player..... express for what its called should reward speed the most. Nothing wrong with speed being more dominant in a mode meant for speed.

Classic is where balance is necessary

Frog killing is where economy is dominant

Gotta thrive for speed, and get the highest score from speed. Gotta thrive for economy to get the most frog kills.... and gotta thrive for balance for highest score.

Problem with this game somewhat is that there's no random factor. There will always be a build that best fits a version. A build that will yield the highest score. This is at least so for non-random. It's all about discovery.

1. nature/light overly nerfed. i sigh getting them.

2. eph much too weak late game

3. laser weak late game

4. haste strongest ele3 with slows

5. scoring system feels dull/unrewarding towards speed. speed is overly nerfed.

6. tidal should have small buff

7. quake tower weakest ele3. i dont even know what this tower is good for.

8. magic/disease appears fine.

9. hail stronger early. weak against frogs.

so to say. only impulse, haste, laser are 'ok' tri towers.

Nature, Light & Ephemeral all didn't need nerfing last patch. I only nerfed them just to break the current meta mold and try and make players do something else, something that's had limited effects, apparently. They're being buffed back next patch. Haste didn't need that buff, but people kept complaining it sucked, so I did it anyways. It's droppin' back next patch as well.

I've known for a while Tidal has been weak, and I've been tempted to buff back Laser back to 6000 / 30000 for a little while as well. Quake is that weird spot where theoretically, it should be good, but for some reason, like Vapor, it magically falls off in the late-game. Hail falls off because it synergizes with absolutely nothing except sheer damage, meaning you're pretty much forced to Water + Nature + Light + Dark just to make it relevant.

Buuut rather than attempt to re-balance numbers on these shenanigans in response to a wide variety of highly diverging opinions that will no doubt continue to happen no matter how many times I rebalance the numbers, I have an alternate solution that, in all likelihood, will probably break the balance of the game, but in exchange, open up new doors. Expect a 1.11 in about 2-3 weeks with a new feature. No new towers technically, but new ways to play, more builds being viable, and a way to make various towers (not all of them) not fall off in the late-game.

Usually it takes some time before it goes up. Though, if it's been over a day, theeeen thar be some issues, cause this isn't the first time it's happened. Might be slightly overloaded. I'll check with Karawasa and see if anything can be done about it.

Sign in to follow this