EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt

current score

it feels pretty weird the way it is atm. I am first, but cannot seem to reproduce. in my last game with 700k ish score I finished 5 seconds earlier and am pretty sure that I was even a little faster in the last rounds before the frogs. yet, my score is off by 200k. so Im wondering whats going on T_T

I lost 3 lives for letting a level 3 elemental pass, but does this result in 200k of difference?

edit; well actually it does. so I guess these boni are not added up but multiplicated? otherwise it couldnt be 200k.

again 200k off. this time I didnt leak anything before the frogs. somewhere there must be something really strange with the calculations.

does the time bonus take into consideration how fast you kill the elementals?

I am top 10 too. I think the calculation get messed up when your kill order of the waves changes.

Example:

Killed wave 20 before wave 19 (no life lost) after that I killed the waves after 1s but I still got every round around 4500 points less. (clear Bonus was still intact)

found this in the scoring file:

self.cleanWaves = 0

self.under30 = 0
  self.cleanWavesStreak = 0
  self.under30Streak = 0

does this mean theres an additional bonus factor involved which gives you additional boni for the longer your perfect clean streak is and also the more rounds you can finish below 30 seconds? (does elemental spawning every 5 rounds count into that as well?)

Wow interesting . 30 sec streak would explain my example. 

I am pretty sure the Elemental does not mess up the score unless it leaks. I cleaned it up a lot at the end of the round.

The Elemental does not even mess up your score when it leaks but it has to be between rounds! Exp: Killed all creeps wave 21 and you have 4 sec until wave 22 

did a test in sandbox mode. placed 3 nature towers at the front and used god mode, so I cleaned everything basically asap

after 55 waves:

clean bonus: 128%

speed bonus: 135%

when I died I had 71 OSfrogs, boss wave 6

final score: 973k

now I really wonder how I managed to get a better score when I regularly actually needed a bit longer to finish the game. also, how did the 1st guy get more than 1 million points?

since this here was basically everything killed asap, there must be other factors as well which contribute to the score.

You get additional points for clearing the boss waves, the top person cleared several boss waves it appears, that he is how got over 1,000,000. Your speed bonus will reset if you fail to clear a wave in 30 seconds, this will cause your speed bonus to be much less than 135% late game. If I fail to clear a wave in under 30 seconds, usually happens around round 25 for me, my score will be in the 700ks.

EDIT: To clarify, you can get to boss wave 6, without actually clearing any of the waves completely, since they come one after another in rush mode. To get the points for the boss wave you have to fully clear all 30 frogs in it.

so you say theres also a boni for clearing an entire frog wave (in rush mode), other than the bonus for cleaning a certain number of frogs?

afaik the boss wave numbers in rush mode change automatically depending on how long you can survive. you dont need to clean every frog of that wave. correct me if Im wrong though

If you clear an entire boss wave you get something like 25,000 points. The waves will come one after another, so the "Current Wave" will keep going up even if you don't completely clear any of the waves, but the number shown in the leaderboard will correspond to how many waves you actually cleared completely.

Ye clear Bonus starts with 20% Speed Bonus with 30%. Every new Wave you add 2% Bonus. I don't like that the hidden 30 sec Speed Bonus. It should be clearer ingame.

Max Bonus is 128% and 138% at wave 55%. That should help to figure out where you messed up.  You wont have max Speed Bonus most of the time ofc.

alright, the current 2nd place, JoeJoeJoe had 952K after level 55

according to the board he cleared 1 extra waves of OSfrogs. that should make 977K then. He finished the game though with 994K and 58 OSfrogs. that is 17K for 58 frogs.

In my test game I didnt clean an entire wave, but nevertheless got 71 frogs. But I only got 9K for these 71 frogs, while he got 17K for his 58. so does this mean OSfrog kill score increases as well when having finished an entire wave?

Boss waves are 17000, 20000, 23000, ..+3000 for every round.

+when you die you get a Bonus 17000 for ending the game. I got like 3000 frog kills in my test. That number  doesn't change. So it doesn't matter how many frogs you kill when you dont clear the whole wave.

Scoring is really weird at the moment and is in the process of being revamped, cause right now, it's super skewed towards completing the game as fast as possible without losing lives. It pretty much doesn't matter right now if you clear 10 frog waves on insane (which I'm actually not sure is even possible). As a result, some towers that are actually kind of underpowered late-game but OP early game (ie Haste Tower) are causing serious imbalance issues when they shouldn't be.

does anyone know if you can get that 30 seconds clean bonus if the next wave has already spawned or you already killed the first creep of it and only kill the last creep of the previous wave after that, still within 30 seconds though?

In my high score run, i have had a few waves where the next wave would spawn and i would micro a tower to mop up the previous wave. Still got the full clean bonus. I think as long as you clear a specfic wave before 30 seconds, you should be fine.

About killing boss frogs, actually killing one OSfrog wave instead of getting high frogs will net more points. I remember seeing the message 'Boss Wave 5 cleared' with an estimate of a 25k point bonus attached to it.

Not leaking the elemental is vital in scoring high (preserving clean streak). I remember i had to spam arrow towers to get rid of the final part of the lvl 3 Nature ele to not leak xD

Its 30 sec from the last creep spawn. On the map its around the time when the creeps starting to walk up again(entering the E section). 

post-2-1309796593.png

btw get on my lvl Luigi : ). Nah just kidding lets focus on beating the Trolls. 

10 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

afaik the boss wave numbers in rush mode change automatically depending on how long you can survive. you dont need to clean every frog of that wave. correct me if Im wrong though

That's wrong. You still need to clear the full wave for the score of that wave to compute.

2 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

does anyone know if you can get that 30 seconds clean bonus if the next wave has already spawned or you already killed the first creep of it and only kill the last creep of the previous wave after that, still within 30 seconds though?

Each wave should be its own counter, so you should be able to. Not sure what happens if you kill a Wave N+1 before killing Wave N though

On 3/1/2016 at 7:42 PM, WindStrike said:

Scoring is really weird at the moment and is in the process of being revamped, cause right now, it's super skewed towards completing the game as fast as possible without losing lives. It pretty much doesn't matter right now if you clear 10 frog waves on insane (which I'm actually not sure is even possible). As a result, some towers that are actually kind of underpowered late-game but OP early game (ie Haste Tower) are causing serious imbalance issues when they shouldn't be.

Sure it is :) -> https://hatinacat.com/leaderboard/matches/5602057

Kinda dissapointing score tho :(. It's impossible to get on the leaderboards now without playing rush. I tried to do 1M with sandbox and had to do 10 waves of frogs, while camping entrance since beggining to get all the bonuses.

9 hours ago, Noya said:

That's wrong. You still need to clear the full wave for the score of that wave to compute

I wasnt talking about the score in this case though. Only about spawning of the frogs.

Making a separate leaderboard for rush and removing the bonus score from chaos would make much more room for diversity and calculated builds.

Also tuning the bonus score for fast clear and/or boss waves should increase diversity.

47 minutes ago, Miojo said:

Making a separate leaderboard for rush and removing the bonus score from chaos would make much more room for diversity and calculated builds.

I agree. Arguably Rush might not deserve its own leaderboard...it's just for fun. It was meant to be a niche mode, not the standard.

Frogs will receive an increased weight to total score. We are also planning a top frog board as well. Finally, we'll have some sort of networth/gold/interest bonus so that speed is not the only way to rank.

Sign in to follow this