EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest energig

Level 9 too hard..?

Guest energig

I havent played this game in over a year ( or warcraft at all for that matter) and when i came back to it I was excited for the new version that has been released. So i jumped straight in and played a VH extreme game, I used to have a plan where i could get to about level 13 i think with just building arrow towers, and microing them to attack every other creep on first pass then finish off on 2nd. I started doing this then got up to level 9, ha they ressurect, got me the first time so 2nd time round i spent all my money on mass 2nd level arrow towers, leaked about 3, tried it again with 3rd level arrow towers and leaked about 5 (spending all my money is unusual with my tactic as i like to build as few towers as possible and micro them).

It seems the only way to pass this level is to build an element tower? I'll admit i didn't try cannon towers but from what i remember when i used to play a lot was that arrow towers are much better as you can aim at which creeps you want more precisely. I also dont like building elemental towers too early because you cant sell them and generally use up more money than arrows. Great idea with the ressurect thing but i think it might be a bit early on in the game to add something like this. Like i said i havent played this game in over a year so i may be totally missing something, or there may be loads of threads about this, not sure, I just thought i'd let you know :D

Oh, and for those of you who remember, i joined the beta team a year ago and then left to go to university and ended up never playing any games at all so i regret that i didnt make any input to the beta except for the first one :D Sorry... if anyone noticed :P other than that i'm loving the new version! so fun coming home to loads of new towers and strategies to try out

It seems the only way to pass this level is to build an element tower? I'll admit i didn't try cannon towers but from what i remember when i used to play a lot was that arrow towers are much better as you can aim at which creeps you want more precisely.

cannon towers are much, much more effective against undead waves. Since they tend to bunch up as they resurrect, the AoE damage really adds up. 4 Super Cannon towers should do a good job against wave 9 (maybe a little more, I don't know exactly since I'm always building temporary towers anyways).

Arrow towers are better for pretty much everything else, especially in extreme mode where creeps move faster.

Also if you watch replays, instead of microing the arrow towers, some of us like to build 2 arrow towers at the same place such that they both hit the same creep, and do just enough damage to kill it in one shot.

Hi energig. :)

I once non-leaked wave 9 on vhx with relocated amped water, but relocated cannons should work too.

Guest energig

hmm yea i managed to do it by building an advanced fire tower, that sorted out the buggers :D Still think the level might be a little too hard though.

shredders, my man. That's all I have to say. Goblin Shredders.

haha, agred

level 9 is not to hard,

Shredders and death knights is much much harder.

Guest Timberwolf

Goblin shredders are to 4.0 what Dune Worms were to 3.0. Stupid shredders... :twisted:

I've never had a big problem with 9 but I don't play VH extreme mind you. Then again if you're not having a problem with VH EX, I think it's probably time to find a new map to play. It should be (borderline) impossible, shouldn't it?

you'll have to be very lucky to complete VHX SR.. all 6 elements at wave 30 or a WDNEF build at least. opening you'll need nova/corrosion available..

the strategy for all undead waves is to use splash damage. once you get used to the concept it's just any other wave. maybe you were taken aback when they ressurected in your first game.. wave 9 use cannons. and as everyone before me has posted, you're more likely shredded by wave 32.. in fact wave 41 (water undead) can result in mass leaks if you're not careful/didn't plan well for it.. especially after summoning the elemental after wave 40 and realise you're not ready when the wave comes.

I can't take the blame for the shredders turning out so hellish, but to put an undead wave after an element (with a high probability of level 2) is based on my attempts to make the waveorder harder. :twisted:

I can't take the blame for the shredders turning out so hellish, but to put an undead wave after an element (with a high probability of level 2) is based on my attempts to make the waveorder harder. :twisted:

I'd say it's the same bad when you put undead before the elemental, aka, lvl 30.

Espesially as when on random and split dificulty, I have to go slow with aoe on that level, in most cases but when a VE player finishes the level The elemental is summoned right when he is done with his lvl (bosses have no "penalty timer" for low difficulties". and, yay, a whole lvl of undead incoming, and 10 feet behind the tier 2 ele is walking :shock:

Sign in to follow this