EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest metaknightmare

Stacking?

Guest metaknightmare

I'm still a n00b at eletd, but a few questions have been bugging me for a while.

do kindle towers stack? do tornado (damage, not slowing) towers stack? do different slowing towers stack the slowing (aka a nova and a tornado)?

kindle stacks. Says so in the description (unless there's some bug, but afaik there isn't)

I'm not sure if tornado stacks. The slow definitely doesn't stack, but I'm not quite sure about the damage. I would guess that it doesn't, since I'm thinking it's treated as a status effect like corrosion (you can see the tornado buff in the enemy status).

Different slowing towers definitely stack. However, the maximum speed reduction is capped at 66%, so any other different slowing towers past that won't have any effect, in terms of slowing creeps. So if you had monsoon, supernova, and roots, then adding ice towers wouldn't provide any additional slowing. If you want to slow them even more your options are indirect slowing through hydro and jinx.

Guest metaknightmare

sweet! thx! cos i read somwhere (mabey a different or haxed version) that kindle towers didn't stack, but the slow stacking now wins!

Different slowing effects allways stacked, so there is no change there. Same slowing effects, like two identical towers, don't stack. (Ice and glacier had the same slowing effect in 3.0). And steam in 3.0 did not stack while kindle in 4.0 does, I have used stacked kindles several times.

Guest metaknightmare

whats the best placement for kindle towers then? long pass or two pass?

Guest metaknightmare

I know that. I just like their whole concept though, and use them for fun.

EDIT: now I remember where I saw that kindles don't stack - the tower placement guide. Overall, the guide rox still.

Guest metaknightmare

I made the mental translation w/o thinking about it. anyways, whats the best way to use kindle towers? overbuild them? über slowing? plz dont say "just don't use them."

kindle really loses effectiveness later on, but it can be used to solo creep waves in early-mid game. I don't know around what point in the game it works best, so I'm never gutsy enough to try it...but a single kindle placed at 5 can indeed solo some creep waves. Later you can turn it into a windstorm or something.

On Random-mode I often decide to use it on composite waves, where all other towers lose strength, on wave 22 I often build 3-4 kindles on area 5 (the middle of the map) where it works best. Watch out for using on fast waves loses strength just like all splash/aoe towers. Often if I'm on chaos mode I can use them up to around lv 27-28 if there appears a composite wave. I never use this tower in pick mode, cause it doesn't really work out to build a tower that will not be worth it's cost later on.

So - Switch your water towers for steams after level 21;) and then to fire after 22 and you can surprise your opponents with great speed!! Good thing is that steam might work on area 7 if you raise them quick enough.

Guest metaknightmare

weird thing i notice somtimes when i play my suicidal kindle strat: the degen dosen't seem to go up with more kindles. the problem is, i cant test it because i have all my slowing towers dealing damage also. soon im gonna try to get a friend to see if the dmg increases.

Sign in to follow this