EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
holepercent

The EleTD draft mode

for those looking for something interesting to try for their next game.. This takes some time to set up so it's not for public games.. more for inhouse/clans... you'll have to do this manually and i don't think this will be popular as a mode as it requires too much pregame for those who just want a quick game..

The Element TD DRAFT!!

(mainly for inhouse 3-5 players of around equal skill)

the draft starts with the removal of the 5 duals and 7 triples from the pool

the pool consists of the 15 duals and 20 triples.

Each player removes from the pool a dual of his choice. 5 duals are removed. if less than 5 players, host picks the rest of the removals.

Each player votes 3 triples to be removed from the pool, 7 triples with most votes are removed from the pool

duals removed from the pool cannot be built, not even as intermediates to triples. triples removed from the pool cannot be build.

next, the elementals are drafted

Each player picks a element and a tier, like fire3. any tier, including higher tiers, can be picked. Other players can pick the lower tier if they also want that element at that tier. Or you could pick the lower tier at your next pick. see the example below.

If host desires, interest and pures must also be drafted, in which case, no more pures and interest will be added after the draft ends. If not, host can add interest and pures himself after the elements are picked.

each player has 2-3 picks. at the end, combine all the picks. the optimum is around 15 (12 elementals, 2 interest, 1 extra pure). all legal tiers are added into the pool. if only tier1 and 3 is picked, tier1 and 2 enters the pool. lowest tier available is added.. downgrade to lowest possible if lower tiers are not drafted.

example: 4players (12 picks total, 3 picks each)

draft order (player 1,2,3,4,4,3,2,1,1,2,3,4) earth3, water1, fire2, nature1, nature 2, earth1, light2, water2, fire1, earth2, dark1, water3.

final elements in the pool: water1-3, earth1-3, fire1-2, nature1-2, dark1, light1.

Usually, 2 interests and a extra pure is added (host choice/drafted)

order is decided by the players in game but only those in the pool can be summoned.

the format provided some excitement and fun for all in trying to work around the restrictions of the towers and elements removed from the pool.

Draft #1 full draft and report: The forum draft series!

Draft #1 Replay download:

http://www.eletd.com/forum/download/file.php?id=180

http://www.eletd.com/forum/download/file.php?id=181

http://www.eletd.com/forum/download/file.php?id=182

http://www.eletd.com/forum/download/file.php?id=183

http://www.eletd.com/forum/download/file.php?id=184

wow, sounds interesting...~

though I'd really have to write all of it down on a piece of paper to refer to o_o; I already use tower query like once every 10 seconds, literally.

for those interested in trying out the draft mode, i'm holding a draft on the forum. PM me your IGN and forum nick.

RULES: READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PM-ING YOUR NICK

I will be the 'host' ..

The draft will be carried out on this forum by posts in a thread to be created later once there are enough players. Please be committed to checking the forums regularly and not hold up the draft. Draft will follow as per first post. Draft order will be randomly decided by myself.

The game itself can be played in single player mode or multiplayer but all players must follow the draft rules. Very hard difficulty, pick (of course), non-chaos, non-extreme. No other modes allowed. Short mode will be accepted.

Main defense must be set up at a area no slower than III (playing at III is allowed). Covering towers/leak catching towers are allowed at slower areas. You are allowed to leak but not for interest.

the winner will be decided be a criteria set by myself. This could include factors such as networth, time taken to complete, number of leaks, creativity in build and working around the restrictions etc..

PM your nick if you're interested and committed. Enjoy!

explain to me why it's necessary to specify the "tier" for elements if they're all downgraded to the lowest possible anyways?

wouldn't it be the same if you just voted something like earth, water, fire, earth, nature, nature ... and then at the end just add them together (earth1, earth2, fire1, nature1, nature2, ...)?

the idea was so that you could support (by drafting the lower tiers for him) or deny support (draft another element) for another player. it's more interesting to see what others think of your element choice than simply purely raising the tier of a element already drafted. it's a minor difference but my team agreed that it was more exciting that way (specifying the tier and letting the draft run than purely raising tiers of elements)..

i actually did several drafts with a inhouse team with various modifications before it settled into what is in the first post. the draft mode wasn't something i came up with randomly and just decided to post it.

I'm in too. This sounds like fun, and my semester just ended. :)

Am I enlisted, Holepercent?

yes you are.. i'm still looking for at least the 4th player.. we can start with 4 but i would prefer 5..

Sign in to follow this