EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
0rb3r

Stackable effect on mass slow towers

Would iyo reduced but stackable mass slow improve the game balance?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a nearby blasphemic topic as mass slow T's are, for obvious reasons, most ppls fav towers. It just bothers that after getting only one of these towers you nearby guarantee stop losing lives. There is a day to night difference between having or not nova and storm.

How about reducing the slow effect but make it twice stackable, so that there is at least a good reason to build a second or third tower. At the moment these towers are so powerful that any tower combined with gets immediately a high damage tower.

It's a too effective investment (just think about the extra damage you do only thanks to 1 single tower and the low cost to get it).

Please vote and comment.

Guest j`4`c`K`i`E

Your arguments are quite good, so I can't decide :P

Another alternative would be to increase the costs of slowing towers, but the prices for similar tower levels wouldn't be the same anymore :?

(Similar tower levels -> e.g. Both, Arrow and Canon, cost 6 at first, 13 at the second and 37 for the last level. I hope you can understand :P).

gruzz,

j4cKiE

Guest mrchak

I don't completely understand but the gist I got was this: A single Storm tower or Nova tower is just way too powerful, it makes a huge difference. Instead of One nova making a huge difference, a single one should make a small difference, but the slowing should be stackable. Like 1 tornado will slow 7%, 2 will slow 15%, 3 will slow 22%, but a fourth tornado will not stack any more.

I don't know how this would be managed with the nova towers. The good thing about nova towers is it slows a bunch down but it has to recharge, so additional nova towers do add to each other's effectiveness eve in they're placed close by.

I agree that the addition of a Storm tower is like night/day. Not only does it slow down tremendously, it does amazing aoe damage over time. This damage does not stack over time either (but it could be made to do so, if the tornado is given an attack with a long cooldown, with an equivelant aoe). No single tower should make such a huge difference. It would go a log way to balance if this concept was implenented, needs much discussion.

Guest mrchak

I think the fact that prices are standardized for all levels of towers is good, and I think it would be very complicated if some 3-element towers cost more than others.

Guest Sancdar
I don't know how this would be managed with the nova towers. The good thing about nova towers is it slows a bunch down but it has to recharge, so additional nova towers do add to each other's effectiveness eve in they're placed close by.

I thought Nova cooldown was about equal to the length of the slow, plus a ministun effect through the WC3 engine when it reapplies the slow. Having multiple Novas in range of each other is actually kind of terrible, because if you upgrade one to a Supernova, if a regular Nova hits the creeps while they've been slowed by the Supernova, the stronger slow is overridden by the weaker one.

Maybe Ele td could toy with the idea of minimum movespeed, like in Gem Td.

Basically, no matter how many slows you stack, the creeps will not get slowed beyond a certain movespeed.

This would basically make it so that you won't need every type of slowing tower out there, and force more damage based towers to be made instead.

Guest Sancdar

That's how it currently works, but in 3.0 the minimum movespeed is too low considering the strength of the AoE slows.

I think its a good idea. Nerf the aoe slow but make it stackable. This slow is too strong atm, this could be a way of balancing it, without making it too weak or even useless.

Guest sillyboy_tomato

Im approve of this. Nerf slows. but make it stack. *thumbs up*

I'm not sure yet. What is the great thing of increasing the number of towers on the map? The map is laggy as it is now.

Do I get this right - the suggestion is aoe slow towers get half slowing strength but stack once, so two will give the same ammount of slow again?

As long as the damage doesn't get reduced, the only obvious problem seems to be the lag issue.

If aoe slows get underpowered compared to single target slows needs testing.

Guest Ubernuber

I'd support nerfing them right out, without compensation. They're much too strong now. Just reduce the slowing effect of storm, or greatly reduce its AoE damage to the point of completely getting rid of it. Supernova should slow less, or raise minimum movement speed to negate the game breaking effect of multi mass slow towers. Glacier takes a minimum of microing and only slows the creeps it shoots at, so I don't see a direct need for nerfing there.

Sign in to follow this