EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest snafu

How the Game Ends

Guest snafu

Even though you can measure the number of Ronalds you kill, I find this conclusion to a tower defense very unsatisfying because no matter what happens, a part of you feels like you lost.

My suggestion is to employ something similar to Gem TD, an Unkillable Monster that runs the path once (is vulnerable to everything), and records how much damage you do. This provides a sense of victory, and a measuring tool for future performances.

Although it may not be totally appropriate to rip-off another TD, I definitely think the Ronald Level needs to change.

Agreed, there is another thread about this though. One idea is the Hydra idea. Giant Ronald spawns, you kill it and then he splits into two more. Rinse and repeat until you either lose or kill him off. Another idea could be this damage idea, but I think that is unfair to splash builds.

Guest Ryukira

If you decided on a damage test wouldnt it be possible to make, say 5 monsters that run the path and then you simply take the avg. damag from those 5 monsters, thus giving AoE builds a chance to get to teh same amount of damage as a single target build

So what about slow? I they are not vulnerable to slow, slow builds get too low scores.

But slow builds can easily put out allmost infinite damage, they just take a long time for it. :shock: Imagine using monsoon, freezing, and some single target slow like poison, which will do great vs such a small wave. Minimum speed all over the place. :?

The ronald end is taking really interesting perspectives. How about 6 immortal spawns to count your damage and a paulatine increase over time of skill resistence (just to prevent having 20 gemstone towers to totally stop the creeps long term) and a increasing dodge abbility? Each spawn should represent one element. Absolute fairness.

Guest Sancdar

You can make the damage tests resistant to slow - either be slowed less by the slow towers or have a higher minimum movespeed (or both). You'd also want to drop the duration of holds/stuns significantly.

may be some statistiques on the end of the game

player stay for see him

and

make 2 ronald differentes

the same of survivor td

we take number of ronald on the map (exemple when interst countdown on 0)

and calculate 10% of number ronald on the map and creat the number of boss ronald on the next wave

ex:

wave ronald on map

they are 25

when countdown on 0

reste 10 ronald

10% of 10 ronald = 1 ronald boss for the next wave of ronald

when use slow tower

they are many ronald

75ronald => 7.5 ronald boss on next level

ect ...

more slow kill ronald more boss ronald

boss ronald more fast or better protect against slow

or if they pass losse 2 or 5, lives

its an idea but i dont know if its possible

(and if u understand me )

:)

Guest mrchak

Bear in mind, a damage test on 6 immortal units is not a representation of how well your strategy is set up. You may be able to slow and do a ton of damage to 6 units, but that doesn't mean your setup is strong if other players are finishing the round and new spawns start piling up on you.

I don't think a damage count would be satisfying. The final boss should be incredibly strong, but killable.

The great thing about the hydra idea is that it would mean single-target strategies would be necessary as well as aoe strategies. In order to defeat one and then a bunch of spawns you'd need both.

Guest snafu
You can make the damage tests resistant to slow - either be slowed less by the slow towers or have a higher minimum movespeed (or both). You'd also want to drop the duration of holds/stuns significantly.

Or just incorporate a Diminishing Returns system (if possible) so that the slows and stuns become less effective the more times they are applied.

Guest Warcryptic

I read in another tread that they wanted to change the spawn count to killed count. I'd say lets stick with that. Ronald was fun FOR his never ending fun to see how long you towers would stand up to then. I thought that was fun. if we gonna make damage test, it will become one big thinking project to make this work, and I just have a gutfeeling that it wouldn't even be really fun. I allways liked stalling and KILLING (for as much as possible) those clowns of. Let's stick it to that.

Guest Ryukira

Warcryptic has a point actiually, cause as soona s i use one of the "beter" builds the other playes that have already died tentds to stay just to see how mnay ronalds I can kill, its kinda amusing, both for them to see how to take care of ronalds (even tho i suck at it) and to see some of the cleaver builds that you pros thought up.

Sign in to follow this