EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest inDe_eD

How do I post a replay to get help?

Guest inDe_eD

I just lost a ele TD match and I wondered what I did wrong so I wanted to post a replay(but I dont know how) to maybe get some feedback. It was hard mode/all random on 4.0pb...

hehe it appears cisz answered faster than me:P (while i was typing heh) anyway, your link does work, and yes - no membership needed.

No, you don't need an account, just allways press "for free" and such. :)

OK, here it goes:

Step 1

After the game go immediately out to your desktop or use Alt+Tab (just do it before you play again as only the last replay will be saved. Enter your harddisc and locate the place where you instaled Warcraft; i.ex: C:/Games/Warcraft III then enter Warcraft III/Replay and you'll find an archive called LastReplay.w3g Copy and rename it somewhere else, this is your replay.

Step 2

You have to use a datahosting service to upload your archive to a internet server, I use mostly rapidshare. Follow these steps to upload something at rapidshare:

Enter http://www.rapidshare.com/ then search for the replay in your harddisk.

rapid1vw6.jpg

Then press Upload!

Step 3

Now copy the link you get:

rapid2sh7.jpg

And paste it into your post in the forum.

Et voilá, you're done.

Damn you jolin012 + Karawasa + Cisz, you all answered before I was able to finish my express intructions. :wink:

As a reward I posted it anyways :P

Guest inDe_eD
Et voilá, you're done.

The accent on the "a" in voila is supposed to be facing the other way... just so you know :P like this ''voilà''

K thanks for all the help on posting the replay Ièm pretty sure I wont forget how :D

If someone doesnt mind helpin', check out my replay and tell me where I went wrong and what I should/could do.

Just post the replay.

and btw, I listen Nightwish too, fantastic relaxig music. :wink:

I didnt accented it correctly cause my keyboard doesn't has the open accent, just the closed one, I thought that "any" accent would be better then "no" accent, :roll: but thanks anyway for pointing this out.

Guest ma23

the link works, its just not the public beta game file i was expecting.

i use 'Element TD 4.0 Public Beta.w3x'

the replay file needed something like publicbeta40-1201766684.w3x

Guest inDe_eD
Just post the replay.

and btw, I listen Nightwish too, fantastic relaxig music. :wink:

I didnt accented it correctly cause my keyboard doesn't has the open accent, just the closed one, I thought that "any" accent would be better then "no" accent, :roll: but thanks anyway for pointing this out.

No problem, and are we thinking about the same Nightwish? some of their songs can get more on the metal side :o

the link works, its just not the public beta game file i was expecting.

i use 'Element TD 4.0 Public Beta.w3x'

the replay file needed something like publicbeta40-1201766684.w3x

Anyone else having this problem? I have two 4.0pb's ... some random guy 's game I joined i had to DL 4.0pb again and I dont know which one to host as the original... so ne1 else havn the problem that its a bad version?

Some important things you must bear in mind when posting your replays is that:

- The one who wants to see the replay needs to have w3c patched to the same level then the original player when he made the replay

- The one who wants to see the replay needs to have exactly the same map (including mapname) at exactly the same spot in the same Warcraft folder. So, basically if I post a replay while my EleTD 4.0 PB is in the following folder: Warcraft III / Maps / TD Games / Element TD 4.0 PB, everyone that wants to see my replay needs to create a folder inside maps called "TD Games" which contains the right version of the map.

It is therefor crucial that you play EleTD having your map in the Maps / Download folder to avoid other players doing extra hours to see your replay.

Yesterday W3c tft has been updated to version 1.21b (or so), which means as soon you enter b-net and uppatch your warcraft, all replays made before of this patch probably won't work anymore.

ma23, I don't know if this is of any help to you to solve the problem, but try again keeping your eyes peeled for this details and if the problem persists maybe one of the more experieced players here can help you out.

inDe_eD, I'm more like a sweet metaller (damn now that I read it, it sounds gay, nvm), but I think that if something is good music, the kind of that music is the minor issue. I enjoy all kind of music and I agree its a great band.

Guest inDe_eD
Some important things you must bear in mind when posting your replays is that:

- The one who wants to see the replay needs to have w3c patched to the same level then the original player when he made the replay

- The one who wants to see the replay needs to have exactly the same map (including mapname) at exactly the same spot in the same Warcraft folder. So, basically if I post a replay while my EleTD 4.0 PB is in the following folder: Warcraft III / Maps / TD Games / Element TD 4.0 PB, everyone that wants to see my replay needs to create a folder inside maps called "TD Games" which contains the right version of the map.

It is therefor crucial that you play EleTD having your map in the Maps / Download folder to avoid other players doing extra hours to see your replay.

Yesterday W3c tft has been updated to version 1.21b (or so), which means as soon you enter b-net and uppatch your warcraft, all replays made before of this patch probably won't work anymore.

ma23, I don't know if this is of any help to you to solve the problem, but try again keeping your eyes peeled for this details and if the problem persists maybe one of the more experieced players here can help you out.

inDe_eD, I'm more like a sweet metaller (damn now that I read it, it sounds gay, nvm), but I think that if something is good music, the kind of that music is the minor issue. I enjoy all kind of music and I agree its a great band.

Sweet metaller :P

Yeah my replay is in downloads folder and it is on the patch ( im pretty sure its the newest, the one that patched maphack).. there shouldnt be any problems, if there is maybe someone could find out? I can't think of any

Guest ma23

the patch was just a no-cd fix. the replays are still valid.

i think if you make a new folder and put all the xxxx[1].w3x files in there, you dont have to redownload them. that way the only file in the downloads folder is the 'correct' one.

in my previous post, i was just trying to state the the game file used to create the replay was not the 'official' map, which is on the front page. im assuming it was from the non-released beta, which i dont have.

Now we have the file attachment feature on the forums, this problem should be solved.

# Closed #