EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cisz

Punisher mode

How about not only the player to finish first starts the next wave, how about the player that leaks first does that too?

So the next wave starts when any player either leaks or clears.

Discuss. :)

it would lead to the weaker players/everyone! getting flooded and all the noobs will leave. Even at wave 1, there are players that leak, then they will leave straight away. even pros might have to face 2 waves, on opposite side of the ledge (i'm not very sure about this but it is a possibility, possibly at right ledge placements IX, VI or III). pros would probably play at IV (or do all pros play at IV in multiplayer games....)

Guest Sancdar

Like I said in the chat, I totally support this just happening regularly (leak --> level timer). In most cases if someone leaks, the next wave is already set to go because somebody else didn't leak. In singleplayer or multiplayer levels where everybody leaks, the game just kind of slows down, and I think that's a bad thing.

I agree to sancdar, it should not be possible to exploit interest by leaving single creeps to leak and rewalk the area, it should be implemented in all gamemodes that leaking sets timer for next round as well as clearing, VE players will anyway get a good couple of seconds to clear the leaks.

Lets say on multi a good player uses slow and a noob does not, do you really think a noob will leak before a good player is capable of finishing his wave? I dont think so, so there is no good reason not to implement timer activation on leaks imo.

As well, a situation in multi in which all players leak in the same wave is not that common, implementing it will not make such a difference except for single games.

Guest 1mpulse

now what if you are too slow, next wave is coming out but only then does your creep leak. wouldnt that then start the timer again? making two waves at the same time?

Good point impulse. Apparently the best way to handle this would be to ignore all creeps but the ones of the current wave for purposes of this calculation. And afaik the map does not work that way. So with the current way leaks are handled, 8 players can start 8 new waves in like 2 seconds, if the leak the right way, or even more:

Imagine a player leaking an entire wave: First creep leaks, wave 2 starts. 2nd creps leaks, wave 3 starts... ...and last creep leaks, wave 31 starts. :shock: If that can't be prevented properly, my idea is dead. Thanks for pointing out. :)

Guest 1mpulse

im sorry that i may have killed your idea :(

maybe add something like a grace period. next wave cannot start till after at least 30 seconds or something

Would like to point out that is it very easy to implement this idea without it being game ruining like mentioned. We had this in one of the betas, but removed it.

Can make it only start timer if the leak is of current level. Can also make it ignore leaks (for timer) when a timer is already in progress. Combination of these two things prevent any sort of doomsday event, and lead to it working as intended.

Problem is how receptive players would be on this. It seems very unfriendly to noobs and average players.

Guest Koxeida

-Implement this mode in competitive mode "only".

[or]

-Implement this mode in hard and very hard difficulties "only".

In this way, it won't be unfriendly to newbies and average players :)

Guest kevs926

this mode should be a default mode and the mode that should be added is

-pm(practice mode) where level clear is the only way to start a new round

it's true that for example, 1 unit got past you and you are located at 3

then you have to wait for it to come..it's not a good thing to wait

also, it doesnt allow players in singleplayer to purposely leak 1 unit so that more income is coming

This one proved to be a bad mode. It mostly showed effect either when mass slowing was needed, and a lot of time to kill the creeps, but someone didn't use slow, mass leaked, and sent a new wave upon those with slow.

Also when there was a very hard wave were there weren't great towers, and everyone leaked half of the wave, next time you don't wanna get one fresh wave ontop of the remainings of the ultrahard wave.

i do want this mode to be in the game.. to compensate maybe just for VH.. made for exciting games in VH rnd (when timer on leak was in the betas).. although it's true that it isn't nice to have to clear leaks from a difficult wave and a fresh wave at the same time. or having this setting combined with the current extreme mode..

also for single player testing to have a closer multiplayer feel. it's unlikely in a strong fullhouse multiplayer game to have so much time to clear the wave and not be punished for leaks..

Sign in to follow this