EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Competitive Mode

Like The Mode?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have decided that Hero Mode is probably going to get the axe, as I just do not have the time to remake it into something better than a bunch of heroes with the same stock ladder abilities.

However, I don't want the game to lose a mode, so I would like to propose an idea I have had for awhile. It is a game mode that will allow players to interact with each other, and really fight to survive.

If you have played Enfos, then you will understand this concept pretty easy.

The idea is that when selected, each player would then become enemies of the other players. Shared vision would be lost, so you wouldn't be able to see the areas of other players. You would get a building that would have a bunch of spells, that will allow you to interact with other players. These spells would cost mana and have a CD, so you would have to plan how to use them. Potential spells could be:

-Reveal an area to see other players

-Speed up creeps for one person

-Increase armor of creeps for one person

-Decrease damage of towers for one person

-Heal creeps for one person in AoE

-Make a creep immune to spells

-Put a builder to sleep

etc. etc. you get the idea.

Thoughts?

Guest 1mpulse

seems a little harsh for one person. like if everybody losing and they see host is only one with all lives left then everyone target them.. so therefore that must also be hidden (lives left that is)

It's a bit like super powers in mpdtd. I don't play that mode, as they all target me. (I'm rank 2 on the ladder, so everyone wants to see me loose. ;) )

You should be able to see the other players.

Almost all abilitys should be random Ex. put a random builder to sleep, if you would target a builder it could get pretty imba.

Nice idea!

As for imbalance, the abilities will have high CD I am sure, so they will have to be used strategically.

As I allready made clear, a random option would be very good imo. :)

But if all spells are random, then it really isn't interactive. The idea is that you can screw a specific person over if you want. Could even make it so that when one guy is eliminated, everyone else gains like 10 lives. Truly would be a last man standing game.

I think that's an incredible idea and could really spice up Ele.

No vision is a scary thought, but with a really inexpensive reveal spell it could be alot more fun than if the whole map was revealed.

I think randomness in spells loses the strategic potential of the mode though,

but to prevent some mean targetting, maybe place some gangbang protection so one player doesn't get picked on too badly?

Guest 1mpulse

like they can only be affected by one spell at any given moment? or 2, depends on balance.

One of the spells will be dispel magic in AoE, and thus will be defensive. This gives the player some layer of protection at the cost of offense.

DÓH!!!! Everything I wrote disappared when I typed submit.

(reason, page cannot be found)

Had some ideas will try to remember most of them.

Put a random builder to sleep for 3-8 seconds.

Put a random tower to sleep for 2-5 seconds.

Boost a speed of a targeted creep by 10-30% for 5-10 seconds.

Reduce damage by 10-25% of a targeted tower for 4-12 seconds.

Reduce speed by 10-20% of a targeted tower for 4-12 seconds.

Give a targeted creep the evasion ability permanent, 10-40%. 10-20% for elemenetals.

I already posted once my competitive TD concept, ill post it again because i think it was a good idea.

How about have tripples be able to transform into an offensive tower. Each tripple tower has an unique offensive form with a skill related to its defensive form or its elements. Transformed towers stop attacking, being not able to defend you from your creeps for a while (maybe 40 secs cooldown to transform back to original) but gain a skill to offensively attack another player or buff the creeps of another player.

Whats interesting on this is that you have to plan smarter your elements to be able to compete, making the competitive mode much different to play than normal mode (some bad triple towers on normal can have strong skills in offensive form in competitive mode).

As well, you need to time your towers better so that you can profit from offensive skills as soon as you face a wave you know you won't leak.

I like as well the point that if you transform too many towers to offensive, the transformskill-cd may make you leak. So, its risky to compete, you always need to know how far you can bet on offensive.

Guest AEK
I already posted once my competitive TD concept, ill post it again because i think it was a good idea.

How about have tripples be able to transform into an offensive tower. Each tripple tower has an unique offensive form with a skill related to its defensive form or its elements. Transformed towers stop attacking, being not able to defend you from your creeps for a while (maybe 40 secs cooldown to transform back to original) but gain a skill to offensively attack another player or buff the creeps of another player.

Whats interesting on this is that you have to plan smarter your elements to be able to compete, making the competitive mode much different to play than normal mode (some bad triple towers on normal can have strong skills in offensive form in competitive mode).

As well, you need to time your towers better so that you can profit from offensive skills as soon as you face a wave you know you won't leak.

I like as well the point that if you transform too many towers to offensive, the transformskill-cd may make you leak. So, its risky to compete, you always need to know how far you can bet on offensive.

That would work, because not only would u have to worry about using an ability at the wrong time (as in karawasa's original Competitive mode concept) you would also have t oconsider how it will effect your creep killing capabilities.

For Karawasa's concept

- Kill Theft: In a small area on a random enemies "track" you mark enemies (possible 3-5) to steal the enemies bounty when killed. Also recieve extra gold from the bounty. (dunno if its possible to steal bounty but yeah, just an interesting idea, because i remember on enfos there was someting like this, i htink it was enfos lol).

Glad to see there is interest in this mode. I will hopefully have something playable by Beta7, and will be curious to see the reaction.

Sign in to follow this