EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Polar Tower

I don't really like the current incarnation of this tower. The slowing effect is basically never in play. I propose the following change:

Frostbite lasts for 1 second, damage dealt to creep is doubled/quadrupled (level 1/2) for duration. No slowing effect.

the only time i ever had the slow in play was when i built a polar tower at / ... and the effect is usually dispelled by a second attack from the tower itself. (i don't micro)

1 second means one attack, two at most will do X2 or X4. X4 might seem too much from a pure... also depends on the firing speed of the tower...

ye, something has to be done and that don't sound too bad to me, it only worked as a slowing tower to me when it bugged.

Guest Sancdar

That ability would be pretty much useless in AoE builds except for killing elements. It might be good in single-target builds, but the micro would be kind of ridiculous. I haven't really touched it yet, and I doubt I would with this change either.

Guest 1mpulse

i forget how the tower work, but make the cold effect splash and the freeze effect single target.

if you increase the duration , will the unit stand still for 3 seconds or keep moving, would be very strong if it stunned for 3 seconds. increased duration and lower amplification is good, but isnt that very similar to what (er) incantation? tower does. (faerie fire?)

I would like this to not be similar to Flame Tower. If we were to make it slow and increase damage taken, then it would essentially be a stronger version of Flame Tower. Does anyone have some ideas for "Polar Tower," that revolve around one main theme, Damage Amplification.

Guest 1mpulse

dunno if this counts as damage amplification, but you could give a freezed unit chance to crumble on attack. kinda like death but they have to be effect by polar and a small chance from other towers.

Interesting idea, in a sense it is damage amplification without being so directly. Your idea gave me an idea, what if being frozen temporarily reduced HP? One way would be that the HP is cut by a certain factor, so if you can kill the creep in this window then you did so much easier. If not, it would be restored to HP it had when frozen minus the damage you dealt.

Guest 1mpulse

that would only help early game and not so much late game when the creeps hp takes longer to reduce and kill. unless you're Gipface.

Polar sounds to me like a slow attacking tower with splash.

Why dont we half the attack speed but make each attack to affect 3 creeps, the attacked, the previous one and the next one. All affected by frostbite that drops hp for 3 secs.

Guest AEK

Is it possible to attak different units wihtout the debuff on them after attacking a unit?

Because the bandits (i think) with envenomed spears in a melee game always seem to be switching targets to make the most of the poison debuff they have and the murlocs do it aswell.

Because from what i've seen increasing the duration to, say 2-3 seconds, and stopping it from being removed by attacks with along with the AI that the bandits/murlocs use may work to make the most of the effect?

Just putting in my useless information/suggestions/thought lol

Sign in to follow this