EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

New Advertisements

Acceptable frequency of the pop-under ad?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You may have noticed different advertisements on the site. It used to be a banner on each side, and a text link ad at the top. Now it is a banner on the right, a pop under, and the occasional interstitial advertisement.

ADvertisement

It's what balances the cost of maintaining the etd site, the more people who sees the advertisement the more $ you get for having it in your site, and you get a bonu$ for each visitor that clik$ to be redirected to the AD's site.

Its the only way to survive in this electronic jungle.

Ontopic, I don't care as long as no popups or other bothersome stuff appears, at least it's for the sake of long term financing the site.

The pop-up is the one that makes the most, unfortunately. What I will do is decrease the frequency in which the pop-up (technically pop-under) is shown. I'll change it from every 12, to every 24 hours. If it continues being a problem, I'll have to figure something else out.

Guest Meatsim009

how much money does the site get for the pop up just being displayed, and how much does it get if the pop up link is actually clicked? Would it be a good investment for regs here to simply click the link and close it straight away so the site gets more $$$?

Thats why kara included this pop-under beast before you enter the forum, if the site would get more visits i wouldn't be necesary to include it, but with the actual visits, its like clicking an AD each time you visit the forum.

I just detest those pop ups that open a new window or stay in your sight field untill you find the way to close them.

You can easily skip the pop-under by pressing the button top right.

If its all 24 hours it is in my opinion not nice but acceptable, you get used after entering 5+ times to the forum. I just cant stand it when you get litterally bombarded by stuff that appears on all sides and makes hateful sounds when it appears just to let you know your being spammed.

I want to first disclaim that I am in no way encouraging people to click the advertisements. Rather, I am simply giving facts about the advertisements themselves.

The pop-under and interstitial (between visiting pages, such as coming to the forums from the site) ads are not CPC, rather they are CPM. What that means, is that they pay per impression and not per click.

The banner ads on the left and right sides are CPC, this means that they pay per click.

I do not want the pop-under ad to be bothersome to users. I have filtered ones that automatically make sound, move around, are offensive etc. However, if one every 24 hours is still annoying, I can reduce the frequency even more.

Guest Meatsim009

so how much does the site get if we click on the ads to the left or the right?

It varies, and the range is unfortunately large and low. Anywhere from 1 to 10 cents usually. I have seen over 10 cents, but rarely. This rate seems to change with traffic, with a positive relationship.

Currently between $0.5-1 a day, thanks to the additional new advertisements. I have created a new poll for the issue of the pop-under.

Guest Timberwolf
What ads? :D

Co-signed, because I never get any adds, or any popup. Yay to my spyware and popup killers.

Guest Timberwolf

Ah that would explain it as I've just bookmarked the forum itself.

Sign in to follow this