EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

What is your play style?

Do you --- Micro towers? Build to pressure other players? Sell and rebuild for interest? Sell and rebuild to attack in more than one area? Concentrate on placement, one pass/two pass etc.?

The list goes on, what do you focus on in games? How do you play?

well... i don't micro towers, sell and rebuild for interest, build at IX or III occasionally at IV. i'm usually not the first to finish the wave, usually finishing just after the next round starts...

and i try to avoid using the key towers of lwfd-n build... just to try out other towers and find other builds that work...

Guest Warcryptic

I do things randomly in situations. I test out sell/rebuild, still practicing that and other things. Dont do the same thing 2 games in a row,

i try to make a micro but i play always on public game (not with the beta ;) )

i sometimes they are too many delay and the micro is more difficult and sometimes i leak cause of this

but when we beginnig to try micro we cant play different ;)

it s very fun (not when we playiong versus cisz or hyperprimate lol)

Guest left.side

Watching that replay of hyper stripped away my reluctance to build at 7. Now I always play with the intent of flooding other players.

Guest GipFace

Micro towers? No (Microing the builder is enough)

Build to pressure other players? Yes

Sell and rebuild for interest? In race, not really, as there is not much time. Otherwise, yes

Sell and rebuild to attack in more than one area? Yes

Concentrate on placement Yes

one pass If possible

two pass Only if I'm interest whoring

I'm playing on 4 mainly, but I can do a 7 for you too, if the racemode calls for it. And in case of a fun game or team challenge, I'm ofc on 3 or slower.

I tried to race a certain cyberseer and he taught me not to rely on racing in non racemode games. So I'm very relaxed about playing at 4 and out-networthing any spammers right now.

My relocation skills are still lacking, and my micro is about mediocre at best, as I'm slow with the fingers. But I do know what has to be done and do as much as I can. :)

Guest frankie4fingers

Micro towers? -> YES on some sorts of towers microing is very usefull (poison, storm..)

Build to pressure other players? -> Sometimes - normally NO

Sell and rebuild for interest? -> YES

Sell and rebuild to attack in more than one area? -> NO - only if i got a "runner"

Concentrate on placement -> YES

one pass - two pass -> BOTH - depends on wich Elements i have (-vh-sr player)

Guest minddrifter

I usually use both the fast 2-P areas in the beginning until I get some good slowing/aoe towers, then I move over to the medium LP across from the fast/med 2P. That's generally my strategy unless some crazy random stuff is going on. Sometimes I do some strategic selling, depends how lazy I am atm, lol. My favorite is VH SR, and sometimes throwing Chaos or Extreme is fun for a change too, specially Chaos. Normally though I let other players pick, and then I'll do SR if half or more pick Random (always including random for myself).

Guest KingBartre

I usually build in the 6 region. Get my super arrows ready, then go make a sandwich.

That's what I like about this game, you only really need to pay attention every 5 lvls or so, unless its on race. Race is not my cup o' tea.

I also like to mix it up and do really stupid, random things. All root towers one game, all novas the next, mass phasor towers in the middle.

And placement is VERY important, imo. That's the whole game.

Guest Timberwolf

I pretty much only play 2-pass, because any time I try anything different... I die, lol. I usually build cannon/arrow towers at 4 to open (I usually build 2 cannons and one arrow and upgrade those), and my main fleet of elemental towers at 6 and moving down to region 3 a bit maybe depending how many towers I end up with. I haven't figured out how to use 1-pass effectively, so I guess I'm not much for pressuring other players.

I have to admit I'm still at the stage where if I want to win on very hard, I'm pretty much using either Monsoon towers or Goldmine towers to do it. Which I guess doesn't prove that much, since everyone does that.

A lot of people seem to play 4 element builds. I almost always play 3 elements, plus interest. For example, I just did a game where my elements went e-l-n-i-e-l-n-e-l-n-i. The last interest is probably a waste so late, but really if I make it that far it's more or less irrelivant in terms of winning. I'm thinking maybe I should use that last interest at the end to instead try for a third pure element tower (one for each element would round things off nicely), but I haven't done it yet.

Guest Sancdar

Nature and Light pures are pretty silly - the splash on the earth far surpasses what they dish out (especially nature, with such a short range). Interests should always be placed as early in your build as you can handle - if you don't need that first nature at level 15, consider switching it with the first interest even if you want to be able to build a Money tower right after level 10. You might also want to consider putting in a water or fire, which open up some slows for you. While 1 level of water doesn't give you amazing slows, the Well tower should compensate. On the other hand, an early fire provides Nova and a bit of an easier time with earlier nature levels. It's really up to you, but that final interest is just kind of silly, as is getting level 3 in 3 elements unless you absolutely need to.

Guest Timberwolf

When I do three elements, if I'm doing earth/light I tend to rotate whatever the third element is just for the sake of some degree of variety. I don't want to see *exactly* the same towers every time after all. Admittedly nature isn't exactly strongest. That's just the one I used last before posting the example.

Or, I just go water/fire/light for reasons that are obvious.

Your advice about having three elements at level three is taken, though.

Guest Timberwolf

Tried it again as a four element build and took your advice about cutting the third level three. On this occasion I went with earth/light/fire, and late on nature (just for supernova towers). Still worked in the one interest, but moved it to be one element earlier.

e-l-i-f-e-l-f-e-l-n-n

I buggered it up a bit in the middle rounds and leaked a few, but overall I'll still agree working four elements seems a better idea than three.

Guest Sancdar

I can't immediately think of a very strong three element build other than ELF, although it's nowhere near where it used to be in strength. Many 3-element builds have one clear damage tower and suffer from whatever element counters it, while adding in the fourth element gives many more low-level abilities that can help out in those situations. This is probably even more true on the lower difficulty levels, where there's no way you'll have enough money by the end of the game for lots of pricey towers.

Sign in to follow this