EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DrinkSlurm

New game mode: Choose elements for your opponents

Guest DrinkSlurm

Here's a suggestion for a new game mode: you choose the elements for your opponents!

Who chooses for you, and who do you choose for? Well, I guess it could be done in one of two ways:

1. Each player always chooses elements for the player to their right (i.e. Player 1 chooses for 2, 2 chooses for 3, 3 for 4, etc.). If there are any gaps in the player sequence, it just moves on to the next player. Or...

2. Who chooses for who is randomized. It could be randomized and set at the beginning of the game, or it could be rerandomized for each lumber.

There should be some kind of indicator to let you know who you are choosing for so that you can always take a look and see what element would be the most useless for them. However, each player may or may not know who is choosing for them.

Of course there needs to be a short time limit for a player to choose an opponent's element, otherwise the computer will choose one at random at the end of the time limit.

All towers should probably sell at 100% in this mode.

I'm not sure what kind of restrictions can or should be placed on this mode, though. Imagine having an opponent choosing a level 3 elemental at Round 15 for you, or having 5 interests in a row!

What do you think?

So I choose nature and darkness alternatively till wave 30? And then, if anyone is still there, earth? ;)

Or how about making it 5 x $ and then dn-dn-dn.. :twisted:

Guest DrinkSlurm

I think it would be a great way to get people really mad at each other. There would be a lot of cussing and swearing, maybe even some unwarranted booting of players. Just a great way to promote e-rage. :lol:

Guest mrchak

It would be cool if you pick the element and there's a chance it goes to YOU and a chance it goes to your opponent. So you wouldn't want to pick really sucky stuff, because maybe you'd get stuck with it. But you could risk it.

OR your opponent could choose whether to take Your pick or his own, kindof like how when you cut a candy bar in half the other person gets to choose who gets which piece. However, it might just make the game be very... average and unexciting.

How about each player picks an element, and then one element from the pool is given to each player? It sounds a whole lot like random, with extra chance for crap.

Or maybe you have each player pick an element for another player (not necessarily the same player every time)(don't show them yet), AND THEN you have the host pick an element for everyone(and still don't show everyone), and then you have everyone vote for which you'd rather have, majority rule. So then you either be mad or just mad at the host.

u can choose on first for the right player and second for the left player

and for third on right ect.....

this mod must be difficult if i choose lvl1 element for the first wood and lvl 2 element for the second wood and lvl3 element for the 3nd wood

the player on my right side have no chance lol

or we will choose element before have wood

for the player on right can prepare his build?

Guest Warcryptic

I dont think this is gonna be a mode for enjoying, but for pissing each other of. Come one let someone else deside what you get, even partly that SUCKS.

If anyone wants to test 5 interest do it in pick or whatever but dont do it in a way that you screw up other peoples games.

Agreed. Anyone not choosing the worst possible elements for his oponenents would be very stupid indead.

The only version that looks to me like it could work, is that whoever chooses has to play the same crappy elements himself. And of the possible versions of that, only the "one player chosses, all play it" seems valid.

Arrange players in pairs? No. :roll:

And again, only if the elements are displayed before game starts there is the remotest chance that this will not give the chooser a big advantage.

Guest Sancdar
How about each player picks an element, and then one element from the pool is given to each player? It sounds a whole lot like random, with extra chance for crap.

I like that. You try to pick crap that goes with your crap but nobody else's crap, because it ups your odds of having SOMETHING.

one player chooses all play sounds like the one propsed in another thread where the host picks for the whole game..

the common pool would contain plenty of interest, darkness and nature... pure dark FTW!

what is the worst possible combination of elements?? 11 interests? it's proven that all 4-element builds are playable...

Guest Warcryptic

theres a limit of 5 interests, if im right, so that wont happen

Guest GipFace

$$$$$LL will guarantee a death on Lv39, although watch Cisz prove me wrong.

I've done two tests and $$$$$LL till after 39 looks possible.

What do I get if I manage to succeed in this tedious task? :)

Guest Sancdar

Wow...I just did it. When I finish the game, I'll up the replay. It's fairly ridiculous even with my major screwups in the early 20s.

Sigh...and of course Cisz posts while I'm playing. Damn you Cisz, I had things to do!

Edit: okay, I'm on Ronalds now.

Edit: Now with Replay Goodness!

I want to see Cisz do LL$$$$$ now :) Also, I only got like 131 Ronald spawns or something, even with something like 96 Refined Light and 5 Pure Light.

Edit again: Seriously though, that was pretty fun. I haven't interest whored that hard in so long.

Guest noob4life

I think this idea could have some potential....What if the players had an opportunity to vote, and the majority rules. Much like the vote for hero or race, the element with the most votes goes to everyone, so it is similar to a SR game. If there is a tie, the host's vote either breaks the tie, or it is random between the tie votes....

Just a thought.... :wink:

I know this is an old thread, and the new release was originally gonna be out by now, but if there is a chance, i think this has some possibility to add a twist.....

Guest Romek

Although choosing elements for the player on your right would suck (and left)

You could do, every 5 levels, the next player chooses an element for everybody (including themselves)

So level 5, player 1 chooses.

level 10, player 2, chooses

level 15, player 3 chooses etc.

So they can't pick sucky things ^^

But... This'll get boring, since everybody would have the same stuff..

Worth a try :P

Sign in to follow this