EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Henry-19

Mode for next version

Guest Henry-19

first off this is NOT my idea, i was told this in a game not so long ago, by someone i cannot remember the name of, so sadly i cannot gve credit to the appropiate person :( (cisz says its magicalhacker and it rings true to me, im so very bad with names, so thank you magicalhacker for this idea and i hope you do not mind that i posted this idea for you, but imo its just too good to not be discussed/suggested^^)

ok, here goes

Tournament Mode

one player selcets the elements for all players.

simple as that, i think this would be great fun to play, cause then you can show off by playing a strategy your very good at or you can see how other players would play your favorite elements, or you can just buttfuck evryone and chose 5 times intrest the first 5 times.... (ok maybe that should not be posssiple^^) but i tihnk this mode would be great fun, for both the player selecting the elements to see if the other players can keep up, and like wise for the other players to match their skill against the selecting player.

That is a ) a great idea, and b ) maybe comes from MagicalHacker.

Guest Akatsuki

I personally like the idea. But the question is who is the one player that chooses? If it's red then people would want to be red but if it's a random player then people won't make a big deal on being red. But also if it's red then people would want to host more.

Guest Henry-19

iguess it would be red chosing the elements, or maybe red can chose the choser^^ but i think it should start with red having some control over what is going to happen, like all other modes in the game.

Red would be at a serious advantage.

Maybe he could choose the elements before the game starts, and all get the sequence displayed?

Guest Akatsuki

That wouldn't be too hard. Just make a dialog for each one. Like make 11 dialogs. It would get a little complicated to make but I still think it's possible. If you want I could try to make one.

or make vote for all woods

when we have a wood all player must write a code for vote the element

-l =light

-f = fire ect.......

or choose (pick) on the home of elements

if players dont vote (5 s for vote)

element do random

if only 1 or 2 players vote they choose the element

if the vote is egal, random with only elements choose

lol

maybe its very difficult to make and play

but it s an idea ;)

vote for how lumber was spent, yeah i had that idea too. But the mode i was longing for most is a mode where you can choose all eles yourself, maybe even before the start of the game with 100%sell to redo someones horrible/excellent/wierd random to try out if it really is such horrible as he sais :twisted: . Unforntunatly, i think it would be missused alot so maybe it isn't such a good idea anyway.

The mode that all votes for eles wouldn't be too good, you'll get earth and light if most like money, you'll get only darkness if most are very noob, or you'll get wfldn if most are prosv I think.

I still think samerandom is the best mode for the lumber :wink: Whatever you do, do NOT remove it :)

The last and the best mode i think i forgot :roll:

I can confirm that the idea was mine. Thanks for posting it, Henry-19, or I would have forgotten about it.

One thing that I didn't yet decide on in my mind is whether the players should be able to sell at 100%. Assuming the elements are chosen by red mid-game, and not in advance, the other players do not know what's coming, so the fair option is reselling at 100% here. If red chooses at the beginning of the game, we *could* go for 75%, although 100% may still be more fun to play. As a compromise, we can also have red sell for 75% and the rest for 100%.

Guest lumber_of_the_beast
I still think samerandom is the best mode for the lumber :wink: Whatever you do, do NOT remove it :)

But I suck on Random.

Guest hyperprimate
One thing that I didn't yet decide on in my mind is whether the players should be able to sell at 100%.

I can't stand playing pick, it's so boring when you can't sell for 100%. Imo you should get 100% back on pick too. It makes the game a lot more active when you always have the option to rebuild instead of just sitting there watching creeps die. I've heard the argument "but that takes away the planning aspect". Ok fine, put in a strategy-mode where you can't sell, only destroy (not including arrow/cannon ofc).

most likely host will pick everything. but i do think that there should be a vote of some sort. maybe host picks the first 5 and the other players vote whether they approve it. then after that decide the next 6..(more to avoid a long wait and too long voting times) ... about the sell cost. it's close to random except it's 'randomed' by the host...so maybe the compromise is better.. the host would most likely have the build planned before starting the game... then again, samerandom would be better... or just plain -random

the pros will be picking lwfd-n and it's various variations.. either that or gold tower build... (then everyone will be playing exactly the same... the game would go to who can micro storm the best and 'better' placement...) maybe someone will force a dfne and see if it is really that difficult to beat....

another idea

all players choose one element

red choose 1st

next player choose 2nd ellement

player 3 choose next ELEMENT ECT......

all players choose one element after another player :)

(a player can do a random for his element choose if he wan)

Guest Warcryptic

If all players chose 1 then some people have to vote 2 times, 8 member:

1=5

2=10

3=15

4=20

5=25

6=30

7=35

8=40

What then, i think it not really fun that the first 3 can chose twice. I think this whole idea is gonna be a big suck aspect for the game if it comes. Im not a fan of it. If people wanna chose, take pick, whatever, but dont let 1 person decide the whole game. I like the freedom or random part in it, but i dont like it that others have to decide or you have to vote to get what you want. And anyway, then is SR much more of a challenge anyway, except when people gonna do 5 times interest, and thatll suck.

I dont know about you all, but I'm against this idea.

Guest Retaliate

You don't have to play this mode of course, I think it's more like to have some more variety in the game. I think that it must be possible to sell for a hundred percent. Everyone should have the chance to choose at least one element.

All voting systems won't work out imo. The result will either be random (we allready have that) or only as good as the players that vote.

The only version that convinces me so far is this:

The host chooses all elements before the game starts, and the result is displayed to all players, so they can prepare themselves. Even now, the host is at an advantage.

Maybe it would still be fair to make him sell at 75% and all others at 100%, but I'm not sure, that might be a bit tough. Any other suggestione to give the host a slight disadvantage?

host picks everything before game starts.. to other players, it would be something like random except it's 'randomed' by the host as opposed to random by the computer...

a slight disadvantage... the host's creeps have extra armour/increased movespeed? (not sure if this can be programmed)...

this mode as i see it is for a host to see how others might play with a certain set of elements.. maybe a 'bad' random for the host in an earlier game. i don't like everyone has a chance to pick an element. then everyone is better off playing straight pick instead of this mode...

Guest mrchak

I like the idea of the elements being predetermined. You could even have a 75% invisible version of the element on your trophy space, or maybe displayed in the center of the map or something, so you can always look over and remind yourself of what's next.

i like this idea, should be fun for competitive play.

Sign in to follow this