EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Let's Brainstorm a new Armor Reduction Tower

I'm considering MrChak's proposal to remove Inner Fire from Enchantment Tower, and place it on a Dual tower (probably replacing Lava).

If we do so, Enchantment will just be a tower that casts Faerie Fire...boring.

I'd be interested to hear other ideas for an armor reduction tower.

Guest mrchak

Actually, in my proposal enchantment tower no longer exists. The gemstone tower has a special ability that reduces unit's armor.

Yes, but I neglected it for a reason. It is attack based, which essentially just encourages massing.

A splash tower that deals damage and have a small armor reducing attack. Could have 1 armor reduce for 3 seconds or 2 seconds, and they stack for upp to 4 armor.

Level 2 could be 1.5 and stack to 6 armor. And level 3 could be

2 and stack to 8.

Guest lumber_of_the_beast

Hmm... A tower that does more damage the more armor the creep has, but reduces their armor with each hit?

Armour reduction - hmm. A debuff that can be aplied...

Single target with a recycle, as an extra ability (enchantment).

Single target as a part of an attack (similiar to poison).

Multishoot as a part of the attacks (like a infernal-poison crossover with armour reduction as an effect; or maybe with the metal tower).

Aoe static armour reduction in a constant circular field around the tower(like as if the hurricane of storm was a tower and would reduce armour instead of slowing).

Aoe aplied in a circular area around the tower with some sort of attack (like nova bash, but instead of the slow).

The above as a spell w/o attack or damage.

It could be done in a line.

As part of splash (acid).

Or near a marker summoned by the tower (some sort of acid storm - acid snail swarm? :P )

It could be stackable twice.

It could slowly wear off (3, 2, 1, 0)

Or it could get stronger slowly till it reaches the cap?

How about this one? I like that. Say, multishoot or single target part-of-an-attack effect (so it can be speeded with well) with like 2-4 seconds till the armour reduction hits max, non stackable.

Want more?

Guest mrchak

I kindof like the idea of a multi-shot like metal tower does today, say the first target gets -4 to armor, next target gets -3, next -2, then -1... And its stackable up to -4.

I also like the wear-off or the build-up. Both could be very fun.

It could deliver 2 types of armor reduction; one that lasts for 10 seconds, one that lasts for 2 seconds.

Temporary armor redux: -4

Long-term armor redux: -2

So when the unit is attacked, it gets a -6, which becomes -2 after a few seconds, then wears off completely... My numbers could be changed.

After we narrow it down to like 3 options for the armor redux, can we set it up as a poll please? People who don't have anything to comment still want to voice an opinion on the poll.

Guest Sancdar

Alright, a multi-shot idea: stacking armor reduction up to X times what is done on one hit, where X is slightly lower than the number of multiple targets the tower can acquire, but each debuff only lasts 1.5 seconds. The trick is, if there are not enough targets the tower will still shoot out the same number of attacks, just some creeps will get hit multiple times. Maybe you can toggle how many targets you want it to hit, but I think it would be better if it did it mostly automatically. I envision 12 shots at a time maximum from the tower, at -1 armor --> -2 armor when upgraded. This would be a max of maybe -10/-20 armor to one creep at a time if focused.

Guest mrchak

So with the multi-shot if there was only 5 units, each one would get a double-whammy, if there was only 2 units each would get a 5x whammy? Intense. But if it stacked, you could build like 10 of them to do the 10x reduction to all of the units as they passed by?

I don't think we want to have a tower that encourages massing. None of the other support towers really encourage massing, just proper placement and use.

Guest Sancdar

If you have the gold to build 10 triples early on and still have actual damage powers, go for it. As far as support towers not encouraging massing...

Sludge

Enchantment (a few towers at least for full faerie fire)

Roots

Gemstone

Moon

Clay

Any stacking tower would also encourage massing. In addition, since unlike the reduction of Acid and Enchantment towers this debuff only lasts a second or two, it is a bit more limited in use. If you're massing this tower to drop armor "substantially", where are you putting your damage?

you would have to play a very slow game to get all the gold...

... where are you putting your damage

in basic elemental arrows/cannons...

a contagion that spreads to nearby creeps after it is cast onto one creep. lasts fro an amount let's say 10seconds. now if the cursed creep gets close to another creep when it has 8seconds left to last, they both get the 8 remaining seconds. would it be possible or would the lower time replace a higher time if 2 struck creeps meet? Or maybe a spreading effect isn't even possible?

Sign in to follow this