EleTD.com
Guest Darkever00

Stop Tier1 elementals spawns after level level 40

Guest Darkever00

I really like random mode, and I feel it's much funnier that AP.

There's only one things that bugs me: it happens far too many times of having 5 or 6 different elements at the end of the game. Getting only 4 elements is incredibly rare. While it's ok to get 5 or 6 elements (more variety of towers, and Periodic), it would also be nice to get only 4 sometimes (stronger towers). For example, getting a Dual Towers Tier3 is very very rare in random modes, and even getting four Triple Towers Tier2 is quite uncommon. Also, getting a Tier1 at level 50 or 55 is quite frustrating most of the times, and not very useful...

I recently discovered that's impossible for a Tier3 elemental to spawn before level 40. I suggest a very similar thing: stop Tier1 elementals from spawning after level 40 (this means level 40 is the last chance to get a Tier1). This will increase the chances of getting a fewer veriety of stronger towers.

SUGGESTION

Stop any Tier1 elementals from spawning at levels 45, 50, 55.

I don't care whatever anyone says this gets a THUMBS UP (b^.^)b

EDIT: I don't know about level 45, but for sure level 50-55.

Maybe lower the chance to get a late t1.. the chance at any level is supposed to be equal currently.. so most games should be 4-ele, and maybe less 5-ele than 6-ele.. as 5-ele is not '4-ele with a extra element' or '6-ele with missing support and no periodic'..

although getting the last element added to a 5-ele build at 55 can give you periodic which is always strong to have..

suppose this also goes down to playing style and familiarity with towers.. that sometimes having a element introduced late can mess up builds.. but can be strong for those who are fast and rebuild accordingly to strength..

Now I get what I don't like about this. We havn't seen any solid sollution to the 6ele build yet (sorry %), but it will probably end on the last eles, and only on level 1. So late lv.1 eles are not bad at all. I guess the real problem is not having maxed towers soon enough, so maybe to make rnd easier, we would need some sort of guarantee for maxed triples after 8 picks.

But do we need easier rnd?

Now I get what I don't like about this. We havn't seen any solid sollution to the 6ele build yet (sorry %), but it will probably end on the last eles, and only on level 1. So late lv.1 eles are not bad at all. I guess the real problem is not having maxed towers soon enough, so maybe to make rnd easier, we would need some sort of guarantee for maxed triples after 8 picks.

But do we need easier rnd?

Random isn't bad. But losing by a flip of a coin is really just sucks. I realized that I can go flawless up to level 40 without a problem with any combination they give me. But at level 40 and beyond, things start to get hectic even if I spent ALL my gold to fill the best I can in every gap and corner to do optimal damage, the tier 1 tower is just insufficient to endure the onslaught I leak round by round and eventually die. If I get lucky at level 45 and get a level 2 element and get higher tier combo, BAM! back from the dead. I realized that all the game I ever beat with Random involve some Higher tier combo. Best I ever got with Tier 1 combo is leve 56 before I have literally 0 gold and filled up entire map with tower and died. Yes perhaps 45,50,55 should lower the odds of having a level 1 element. Cuz if i am on the verge of dying and at level 50 a level one element walk out, I'm screwed.

Random is more about surviving against other players than the map and making the best use of whatever comes out. eletd is survivor after all, which is more for multiplayer.

you shouldn't always be able to win in random mode. it is good to reduce the chances of being utterly screwed (DD$$LL?) but i don't mind having impossible to win combinations. if you always wanted "good" combos, why not play AP?

...unless you want the fun of selling at 100%. Which brings up a good point, why not have AP with 100% sell? Maybe it'd be slightly silly and not as balanced, but I'd probably have fun with it, and I'm assuming (?) it's a really easy addition.

it's funny because back in 4.0pb i would always rejoice when i finally got that lvl 1 element and could build 3 more triple support towers >_>

for a 4/5-element build, use draft pick to remove the towers not available, draft the correct elementals and -random.. 100% sell pick mode. for single player or arranged multiplayer