EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Twilice

First impressions

WTF is "ISIM."

Second, maybe its just me, or was the game made harder? maybe its just me playing bad, but I just lost.... to easy.... to bad i forgot to save the replay, pressed wrong button.

Guest Timberwolf

New terrain looks great. Nice variety, clean lines. Feels a little under-doodaded for now but that's just IMO and it's easily fixable later, if people want it fixed at all.

Game seemed hard to me too. Lost on normal around wave 54, and that was with a 6-element random. Didn't roll any level three duals or upgraded triples though, so it was always a nothing build since non-upgraded slowing towers do nothing now.

Not a lot else to say on a first playthrough but overall it seems positive. Will play it a lot in the coming days.

WTF is "ISIM."

Second, maybe its just me, or was the game made harder? maybe its just me playing bad, but I just lost.... to easy.... to bad i forgot to save the replay, pressed wrong button.

the new healing perhaps? aoe heal on death instead of the 1% constant healing.. and i think fast is faster..

or maybe some towers and elements were removed for that game? heh..

I got owned by every composite level. I still think 80% would be better.

And for void, the terrain is better now.

Having you name there looks like an hacked version... atlest that is what went through my mind first... Since I didn't knew anyone named isim.

But I still dislike the mist.. the mist which makes it harder to see, and also reduces fps.

And I don't know wy but in the rainy areas I get a big fps drop from 30 to 20. And it does not happen in any other maps like battletanks and dota.

And as said it needs more doodads, clear doodads not "fillup" doodads which I have seen you use alot. (like the portals) it looks great, but there should be a little more "ordinary" doodads aswell.

Much better then before, keep up the good work.

Guest Void

Well, I think my name will be put in the credits, so that can be taken out of the terrain itself anyways.

Germany and I say that the latest terrain is a great improvement, Thumbs up Void :) . the 3 areas that changed cliffs into dirt cliff are awesome!

7 slim cliffs was far too boring. 4 is better, but only 2 would be even better, though 6 dirt cliffs would be too much probably. I like Cisz suggestion of doodad cliffs if it appears to work out.

I'm kinda busy right now, but I guess there is potential in changing cliffs by doodads.

Guest biyabo

Great themed player mazes. I love it. Good optmizations on graphics. It's more playable for lower end computers, a little bit.

Note: Player 2's location can actually build on the ground where the creeps run in some locations, such as the final long stretch before the turn and exit before looping.

I'm a sucker for weather effects, I love it. I will pick the player position with the maze that has rain every time. However, in the interest of more playability, would it be possible to have a command such as '-weather off'? That would be great.

The game difficulties are all harder across the board (Very Easy to Very Hard). I'd prefer if Very Easy and Easy remain... very easy and easy. My girlfriend who plays with me often can, in the Ele TD 4.0 Public Beta, beat Very Easy with 100 or so ronald kills, but when we played the private beta 22 together, she lost by level 55. Could Very Easy and Easy be let up a little bit?

Guest M45T3R

Seems like they nerfed some support tower BIG TIME. :mrgreen:

Well, it depends on what version you're comparing to. Compared to 4.0pb, which is what I'm assuming you are refering to, support towers have been rebalanced. Level 1 support triples were nerfed while level 3 support duals were buffed. There hasn't been too much change between the past few private betas.

Btw void, really nice work on the new terrain.

Guest Sancdar

Yeah, support towers got rocked hardcore. Good luck with a 6 element random without heavy interest microing on VH. I won't be able to play for a few more days due to spring break, but I assume that most of my objections from T22 remain.

One issue that other people can check quickly, are player 5's creeps still the same color as his maze on the minimap?

Guest Timberwolf

Yeah I think part of the lack of appeal to me of some of the recent betas has been the death of Random Mode as a competitive experiment, because the 6-element build is dead in the water. You really need some level 2 triples and probably a level 3 dual to have a fighting shot now. And you don't roll a lot of those in Random. I may actually have to go back to playing pick and give up my 100% money back on tower sales. How sad. :lol:

Sorry for being passive for long, and haven't reported anything yet. I'm quite busy with my school problem, so... I rarely post (at least for now)

Okay... SO MANY changes have been made since the last b21, and I'm also losing my skill. So, this map is very very hard (for me) now

My impression after trying the b22 is:

- The game is real hard to beat now (anyone did noleak? anyone?)

- Terrain is awesome. Nice, Void!

- Healing wave is... Kinda hard IMO

- About composite, leave it 75% (Well, 80% isn't too bad, but ABSOLUTELY no more than 80%)

- Sometimes still confused with the new tower elemental damage

Guest Sancdar
Yeah I think part of the lack of appeal to me of some of the recent betas has been the death of Random Mode as a competitive experiment, because the 6-element build is dead in the water.

All Random wasn't a competitive experiment in 4.0PB because the 6-element build was too good. Of course, I think the support triples are a bit too weak now, but we'll see how things play out.

Guest MethoD
WTF is "ISIM."

If you pressed the wrong button, the last replay has been saved with name "LastReplay.w3g" in replay folder.

And the new version is little bit harder.

I've lost at lvl 55 in normal, random. (If I don't forget, I get 2 interest, dark lvl1, light lvl3, nature lvl3, earth lvl1).

@MethoD : Did you tried to spam your map with lv3 life tower? It worked pretty damn well on earlier beta... Although it will never work in multiplayer

@MethoD : Did you tried to spam your map with lv3 life tower? It worked pretty damn well on earlier beta... Although it will never work in multiplayer

it still works.. build project LDWN replay is that.. but it's a very slow build..

Sign in to follow this