EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sancdar

Release Suggestion

Guest Sancdar

We've got a lot planned for the new release, but I think it's crazy to expect it all to be ready by the new semi-deadline of a certain birthday this month. I suggest that we release without the league or terrain if they aren't 100% satisfactory by then, and get them done for 4.1. I've got confidence that it's going to be a good map, and I think even the current state of the map is a good enough 4.0 to hold for a couple months. It's been over a year since the public beta, and months since we first thought a release was right around the corner.

perhaps we should release now... and thing is, now with the new stuff to be done that isn't even decided how it should be, it doesn't even feel like the release is around the corner. it really feels like another few months if we want all the new things done for 4.0... sancdar is right we have enough fro a version. and if we give them piece by peace they will also have time to learn it I guess, well at least it's not a really bad thing.

I really like the suggestion about the terrain.

Void- seems to have problems doing a design that works and that he likes at the same time. Personally I am willing to give him all the time he needs to do a great job, and I really would like a new terrein, but this should not be a reason to not to release.

Unfortunately, the league will not make it into 4.0. In other words, don't worry about this one.

In regards to terrain, I really would like to see this one finished by 4.0. I am hopeful that at least a satisfactory version will be completed by a certain date, and refinements can come later if need be.

Draft Pick will also be completed by the date too.

I think we will be able to pull it off!

Don't wait for terrain now, release the next beta, so we can hunt for bugs. :)

Guest Void

I agree with this. I want to play ETD and work on it at the same time! :P

I agree with this. I want to play ETD and work on it at the same time! <!-- s:P --><!-- s:P -->

It will probably beready for a release soon, It's just so damn many bugs delaying the work.

Sign in to follow this