EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
DDRKirby(ISQ)

[beta 20] - Trickery autocast

yep trickery starts enabled and mirage disabled. didn't try eidolon yet..

about trickery autocast i can tell kirby, that it Does autocast every "interest-second", so if you want to built trickery and not autocast the first thing it does here's what you do:

build darkness and upgrade to amplified. hit T for trickery the next time interest timer hits a new number. when it chenges from tor example 8 to 7. you are probably about 0.1 sec, and hold your mouse pointer over where the disable button will be, click disable when it shows up. unless you are on Bnet and someone else hosting it has always worked for me.

Also the trickery bug that it's autocast range is 700 instead of the 800 it should do (screen-shot and all with -range 800 in previous threads) seems to be remaining.

yep trickery starts enabled and mirage disabled. didn't try eidolon yet..

about trickery autocast i can tell kirby, that it Does autocast every "interest-second", so if you want to built trickery and not autocast the first thing it does here's what you do:

build darkness and upgrade to amplified. hit T for trickery the next time interest timer hits a new number. when it chenges from tor example 8 to 7. you are probably about 0.1 sec, and hold your mouse pointer over where the disable button will be, click disable when it shows up. unless you are on Bnet and someone else hosting it has always worked for me.

Yep. I haven't practiced this much yet but i already had that idea.

I think for some reason if you set trickery to DISABLE autocast, when you upgrade to mirage/eidolon it will be ENABLED. Not sure, but I seem to remember that happening.

On a side note, even though clones disappear when selling the original tower (or, they supposedly do...i haven't tried it out), you can still perform some small abuse by cloning towers that are upgrading and then cancelling them. Basically gaining a copy of that tower without actually paying for it. But, this is a very small, and pretty ineffective abuse (can only be done once per minute for each tower) so it's nothing to worry about.

first of all, you are right that it sometimes does start as enabled. I was thinking about the same, that it was probably when trick was enabled, mirage became disabled..

Also I think the Enable / Disable are perhaps worth hotkeys.. or is the unfair to the otehr sup duals?^^

Another remaining bug is that pures cost food but don't generate it. this was in one version but removed? I remember it worked with all except a few bugs with like periodics or something.

About Only A sell of a tower affecting the clone, I don't like that. It Can be abused, and Has been abused in previous betas. I can have 3 types of pures, and having clones equaling 4.8 (240%*2) of each pure type by upgrading/cancling and doing this on all pure types. Hope it's possible that clone follows everything original does, that'd be the best. if it follows upgrading, cancling and selling.

Another remaining bug is that pures cost food but don't generate it. this was in one version but removed? I remember it worked with all except a few bugs with like periodics or something.

About Only A sell of a tower affecting the clone, I don't like that. It Can be abused, and Has been abused in previous betas. I can have 3 types of pures, and having clones equaling 4.8 (240%*2) of each pure type by upgrading/cancling and doing this on all pure types. Hope it's possible that clone follows everything original does, that'd be the best. if it follows upgrading, cancling and selling.

i dont understand how pures can be abused with that. Doesn't the food problem invalidate that kind of abuse?

The food problem is really bad with eidolons. Having to wait MINUTES before getting an extra pure can be pretty painful. Not to mention we already have placement problems with towers getting in the way...there really really needs to be some way to destroy clones. Heck, even make them attackable or SOMETHING.

Able to sell pures again would be nice - why was that feature removed?

and yes - the food bug makes the abuse harder - but both these bugs should be fixed by:

-Pure Clones back to not cost Food - or produce the food that they cost.

-Clones Upgrade/Cancle/Sell if Original tower does.

-Able to sell Clones alone would be a neat feature to reimplement. (this one can not be "Abused" but is simply cause it gets players upset.)

Able to sell pures again would be nice - why was that feature removed?

and yes - the food bug makes the abuse harder - but both these bugs should be fixed by:

-Pure Clones back to not cost Food - or produce the food that they cost.

-Clones Upgrade/Cancle/Sell if Original tower does.

-Able to sell Clones alone would be a neat feature to reimplement. (this one can not be "Abused" but is simply cause it gets players upset.)

one thing i sometime get upset, is because clones pop up right where i will build a tower, so should be a sell button on clones that only destroy then, but 0 refund

exactly. (you are able to turn off trick autocast when going to build, but still it's a neat feature to sell clones at 0 refund)

So - Kara, your comments on if it is possible/other reasons to not implement it/ why it was removed, we had working food system and 0 refund in previous versions.

Guest Void

The fix should be in the object editor. Go to the trickery tower unit and change the ability that is on by default (it should be near its ability list) to nothing.

The bug is even a bit more tricky: The tower switches it's autocast setting when upgraded from trickery to mirage. So if you turn it off and upgrade, it's on. I even built 2 trickery, turned one autocast off, and upgraded both simultaneously. Both changed status.

If it is fine in one beta but not the next, then it sounds like an easy to fix problem. I will also look into the Food (jolin012 what beta was that fully working in again?) and the Sell.

Sign in to follow this