EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DevouringOne

Corners problems

Guest DevouringOne

Corners problems:

I think that there is new problem in pri.beta 15 that occures. When you use swol towers and when the area of the slow covers a corner... hmm creeps are wasting time passing the corner while they are turning araung waiting some other creep to crash into them... Is there any problem with this or everything is fine.

Guest DevouringOne

The creeps are overrunning themselfs. There is too much slow because of body corpse blocking... They even are changing their position.

This has been on-going since the early days but I don't know how to fix it. Their collision size is already 0...

Oh! I get what you said now!

Well, that issue is correct, even from earlier betas until now.

Hmm, maybe it's because the creep must acquire the command to move to the next checkpoint. That command acquiring process takes a little time I guess..

Also, this one have happened to me (long ago, in EleTD version 3 though):

I don't know how, but if I remember it correctly...

-I've tried to play EleTD 3.0 on old computers, and the creep moves out from the spawn point to the maze, to the exit. Seems like no problem here

-But then, somehow my computer lag so much. (most likely because some of my background application)

-Here's something strange:The creep separated into 2 (or more) groups, and clumped together after the major lag. And I didn't even build any single/AoE slow tower...

alt-tabbing out of the game in the middle of the spawn also causes a break and clumping of some sort..

and this is worse when it comes to undead.. those that revive in the middle of other creeps..

Guest DevouringOne

bigger the creeps, also the problem becames bigger and if you slow them with something

and this is while they're taking the corner, lol you will see a speed racing :) Who wants

to die first?

I think that the problem is in the place between the creeps..when you slow the first

creep of the group while it is taking the corner...the athers became faster than it and

crash in it or they are trying to overrun (while useing nova tower) I think that if there is

more spawn time and there is more space between the creeps this problem will dissapear.

Guest DevouringOne

It is possible but we must not argue to people of blizzard. If they hadn't done

warcraft III there wouldn't have existed any TD especially ELEtd. But I still think that

this can be fixed with adding more aditional space between the creeps but this will make

a few problems with AOEs but they can be easily recalcolated.

It is possible but we must not argue to people of blizzard. If they hadn't done

warcraft III there wouldn't have existed any TD especially ELEtd. But I still think that

this can be fixed with adding more aditional space between the creeps but this will make

a few problems with AOEs but they can be easily recalcolated.

That has got lots of ballacing problems too. The bigger the space between them - the ineffectiver will be a two pass at 4 and 3. The game would move to a slower position (aka to 6)

I would like to explore alleviating this issue, as there are a couple of forums I could visit for help. If someone could provide some screenshots of the problem, or even better a short video clip, that would be great.

Replay is only good if the person viewing has the map. This won't be the case so I need some sort of universal media aka screenshots or video.

I've not got time to make a video/repaly now. (Maybe on weekend)

Try level 18 (Fast Composite) and two hydros at 4...

quick stupid question, are they counted as air?

I have seen strange pathing bugs with creeps moving on the ground.

Also extremly crazy bugs with pathing blockers. Watch out with them, I deleted all mine and made some extra triggers instead. More work, but better in the end.

Sign in to follow this