EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
dvdlesher

Mushroom Mana Dissapear

Well.. I forgot to save the replay, but it always happen whenever I upgrade cancel mushroom

To be clearer:

1. I want to upgrade my mushroom tower to quaker tower

2. But, suddenly I don't need it, so I cancel the upgrade (use "esc" key)

3. After I cancel it, the mushroom tower stays intact, but the mana... It disappears...

Does it really disappear (It doesn't regenerate anymore) or is it set to 0?

This sounds like a counter measure to prevent an abuse that prevents quaker getting the boost from mushrooms special ability. At some point jolin used mushrooms sporecloud (which has been changed since, afaik) to boost his qukers, as the buff was kept during and after the upgrade. (Normal duration, but that still makes a huge difference, esp. on rnd.) Afaik karawasa coded a bit that prevented this abuse, and I guess this code is what you are experiencing.

Yup, it really disappear completely, not even any blue number (I mean mana) can be seen...

Guest DevouringOne

Well known bug...this also happens in all WCIII games when you're trying to upgrade smth with mana to something without and cancel... after that the original unit is without mana...

you are right cisz - and that coding messed up other stuff worse. I asked him to change it back (and mushroom lasts only 3 sec now so it can't be abused) but he said it was nessesary for other bugfixes too. I have found other abuses for the "reset tower if upgrade+cancle" too. this was a negative thing for the player that you brought up. but for towers that start off with much mana - shouldn't it just help? (i don't yet have a complete replay for the bugabusing - but I'm sure i can put together something impressing quite soon :P )

Well known bug...this also happens in all WCIII games when you're trying to upgrade smth with mana to something without and cancel... after that the original unit is without mana...

Sign in to follow this