EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
jolin012

jolin012's build project

Inspired by holepercent, I got interested in beating the builds in VH XSM. Will attempt to use different towers, meaning just cause DL works alone i won't use that for all builds that contain DL. same for for example WL.

First off, actually i was lucky and got it in first attempt playing really safely (lots of overbuild) made this one, WFND in first attempt no leak :) . Pick order FNWFNWFNWDD. Picking all tier2s first would probably also work well, but i like the early flame3 in terms of racing other ppl :)

Feel free to comment on anything in this thread :) .

beta 15 WFND nl attempt 1.w3g

Hey, I was wondering if you were actually selling towers for 75% gold or if there was some command inputted to let you sell at 100%.

(haven't watched replay yet)

nope. jolin is one of the few who actually has the philosophy that selling towers in pick is okay!

i also agree with that thinking, but i never have the guts to sell anything =P

one reason is because higher tier towers are so much better, that sometimes it's more efficient to sell lower tier towers in order to upgrade.

etc etc.

True, splash are very important.

And become even much more important when combined with slowing towers.

Sadly, it won't work against mechanical waves.. Well, it's all for the sake of "balanced" gameplay after all

Hey, can I also post my replays here? Or should I post it on a new topic?

if the selling was about 85% I would also think selling can be done somewhat in pick.

Not for interest farming but for uneccecary buildings that have become obsolete or missplacement or replacement.

Agree with 13est!

But then again, selling tier 1 towers to upgrade tier 2->tier 3 is useful.

Attack/ability damage:

1 tower of Tier3 is equal to 5 tower of Tier2, equal to 25 tower of Tier1

BUT! See the gold stats

|||

|||

VV

1x Tier3= 3125 gold

5x Tier2= 6250 gold

25x Tier1= 12500 gold

Tier3 is 4 times cheaper than Tier1 tower!

Selling tower to upgrade other tower will be useful, isn't it?

in this beta, it does make sense to sell un-upgradable tier2s to upgrade others to tier3.. in this beta the tier3 duals are much more worth it, giving strong damage at lower costs. Even against weakness, a weak tier3 is comparable or even stronger compared to a strong tier2 in the mid to endgame.

In 3.0 and to a lesser extent pb, t3 duals were too expensive and hardly worth it. there was really nothing much worth selling for unless you calculated the the interest gained was more than the gold lost.. most builds would have been planned right from the start and there was little reason to change halfway..

Most players who have been in the game for long enough (pre-4.0 players) would be so against selling in pick that it feels wrong and totally not used to start selling in pick.. we always advice players never to sell in pick. it's difficult to suddenly change although there are good reasons to do so now..

Guest Timberwolf

I think I've played pick once in the last 3 months. The concept of not getting 100% for selling something in exchange for being able to pick which towers I have in play when the late game undead waves kill me isn't worth it. :twisted:

The new flame tower is the new overpowered tower..

For me, it appears that the no-slow builds are even easier to play now..

it'll be interesting to compare builds when both of us complete the set..

Actually, I was thinking the same about the flame towers

But, I don't think so... After I tried it (Well, I played it on random mode, so the results will be also random, depending on what other element I got)

Can I post my replay about this flame tower thing?

sure, please post about your flame tower thing, but please not in this thread. I created it for posting "jolin012's build project" replays.

And yes, selling can be useful, but not always, I did it a bit too much in this replay. The Nature sell for fire was not just for the splash needed on undead level 56, but also for the next level 57, that is fire (nature would be extra weak). So it was reasonable to sell the pure nature, however perhaps if i would have had more money it would maybe not be needed to build a pure nature to hunt down level 55. Perhaps i could have spared more money and build one pure of each, but i doubt it a bit, as nature would have to be the first to handle 55, but fire would have to be the first to handle 56. perhaps i should have played water and nature 3 first and built pure water which can handle both 55 and 56 and then a pure nature to handle 58, but pure fire is a bit overpowered currently, and so is flame, so i felt that way I did was ok, and i didn't fail.

Sign in to follow this